My feelings on Cutler

Daventry

Couple of things:

Why hasn't he won any Championships..... IT takes a TEAM, no QB can do it all. Dan Marino never won a SB.

Why hasn't he put it all together, there are a number of reasons.

1. Supporting cast- fixed

2. Coaching prior to Trestman- Tresmtan is a Offensive Coach

3. OC prior to Trestman- Martz, Tice and whoever else we had sucked. Lovie was on the hot seat and no one wanted to come to Chi

4. 5 or 6 different OC from Denver to Chi prior to Trestman

Amani Toomer should put a little more effort into speaking about Jay Cutler, using the JG comparison has already been said.

The Bears have put everything into place for Cutler. 2nd year in the same system, weapons, before injuries good Oline..... So far his numbers are up, all in the top ten. All he has to do is eliminate a few costly mistakes and there is nothing to bitch about.

Take 4 stupid why the freak did you throw that pass plays out of the first half of this season and this would not even be a discussion. Cutler made some bone head throws, so guys like Toomer talk shit. I get it. But making blanket statements like these are just plain stupid.

Cutler can shut everyone up starting this week. Go put up 300 yards 3 TD's and no INT's. NO INT'S is the key. Then do that week in and week out. INT's are going to happen. The ones I do not want to see are the ones like the one thrown to the Dlineman either GB or Bills, cant remember

Amani Toomer should put a little more effort into speaking about Jay Cutler, using the JG comparison has already been said.

It's already been said, but it keeps getting reused as it's a good comparison.

Cutler can shut everyone up starting this week.

1 game doesn't shut people up after underachieving career.

I disagree with about everything you said. I just wanted to point out the overly obvious.

Couple of things:

Why hasn't he won any Championships..... IT takes a TEAM, no QB can do it all. Dan Marino never won a SB.

3. OC prior to Trestman- Martz, Tice and whoever else we had sucked. Lovie was on the hot seat and no one wanted to come to Chi

The Bears have put everything into place for Cutler. 2nd year in the same system, weapons, before injuries good Oline..... So far his numbers are up, all in the top ten. All he has to do is eliminate a few costly mistakes and there is nothing to bitch about.

Take 4 stupid why the freak did you throw that pass plays out of the first half of this season and this would not even be a discussion. Cutler made some bone head throws, so guys like Toomer talk shit. I get it. But making blanket statements like these are just plain stupid.

Cutler can shut everyone up starting this week. Go put up 300 yards 3 TD's and no INT's. NO INT'S is the key. Then do that week in and week out. INT's are going to happen. The ones I do not want to see are the ones like the one thrown to the Dlineman either GB or Bills, cant remember

We'll see....with the last place Chicago Bears.

:dabears

I disagree with about everything you said. I just wanted to point out the overly obvious.

The team is in disarray....who makes the most money on the team?

Trestmann?

Nope, the answer is Cutler....

Its been said before, a bunch of so called experts have debated against this comparison. Toomer cant come up with his own material???? Saying Jay Cutler = Jeff George is weak sauce.

Shut everyone up starting this week, and then doing it every week after. If he performs up to that week in and week out even you will have to shut the freak up. If he doesn't, you get to still bitch.

As far as not agreeing with anything I said, what is not true with what I wrote?

Most of what you said has already been discussed, as has the George-Cutler comparison. However, and with what TD pointed out, one win will not settle this for him. I don't think that was exactly your point but to expand upon this. I agree that if he cuts down on the INT's (specifically the dumb ones) AND he's able to consistently play good games and not do this Jekyll and Hyde thing then we're onto something. Maybe this change of his passing out of the pocket will be what helps him. I really do hope.

Its been said before, a bunch of so called experts have debated against this comparison. Toomer cant come up with his own material???? Saying Jay Cutler = Jeff George is weak sauce.

Shut everyone up starting this week, and then doing it every week after. If he performs up to that week in and week out even you will have to shut the freak up. If he doesn't, you get to still bitch.

As far as not agreeing with anything I said, what is not true with what I wrote?

Opinions, inherently, can't be proven not true. I'm not saying you lied. I just disagree with the concept of the thoughts.

I just think that Cutler is a bad QB. The coaching and players surrounding him may have needed upgraded, but that was not the problem. It's all Cutler, be it mechanics, forcing throws, not progressing from his first read, staring down wr's, and so on and so on.

Dan Marino didn't win championships, but he sure competed for them. His teams made the playoffs 10/17 years, his stats are ridiculous, and he made the players around him better.

I know you aren't directly comparing Cutler to Marino. I just think it's appropriate to look at Marino, as I explain why I disagree with your opinion. Cutler will have made the playoffs one time in 9 years. He doesn't really even compete for the playoffs, yet alone championships, he doesn't elevate the players around him, and I just think he isn't good.

I think it's simply too late to expect him to "get it".

Opinions, inherently, can't be proven not true. I'm not saying you lied. I just disagree with the concept of the thoughts.

I just think that Cutler is a bad QB. The coaching and players surrounding him may have needed upgraded, but that was not the problem. It's all Cutler, be it mechanics, forcing throws, not progressing from his first read, staring down wr's, and so on and so on.

Dan Marino didn't win championships, but he sure competed for them. His teams made the playoffs 10/17 years, his stats are ridiculous, and he made the players around him better.

I know you aren't directly comparing Cutler to Marino. I just think it's appropriate to look at Marino, as I explain why I disagree with your opinion. Cutler will have made the playoffs one time in 9 years. He doesn't really even compete for the playoffs, yet alone championships, he doesn't elevate the players around him, and I just think he isn't good.

I think it's simply too late to expect him to "get it".

You think he had a good supporting cast the first couple of years??? Hester was our number 1 WR, He couldn't run the right routes... Johnny Knox was decent but got hurt. Forte was here, but that's about it. The Oline was terrible. Cutler got his brains

beat in........ The supporting cast argument is a fact, the Offense had no one around him.

2,3 AND 4 are all pretty similar. The best QB's and offense's usually have good OC's and are in the same system year in and year out. The Bears have never had that. Cutler and company had to learn a new play book every year. Having new schemes every year will put an Offense and QB behind.

Was not Comparing Marino to Cutler. Just stating that there are great QB's that have not won. Marino was a better QB than Jay Cutler.

Most of what you said has already been discussed, as has the George-Cutler comparison. However, and with what TD pointed out, one win will not settle this for him. I don't think that was exactly your point but to expand upon this. I agree that if he cuts down on the INT's (specifically the dumb ones) AND he's able to consistently play good games and not do this Jekyll and Hyde thing then we're onto something. Maybe this change of his passing out of the pocket will be what helps him. I really do hope.

Meant it starts this week, and if he can do it week in and week out this argument will be over. If he plays similar to the first half of the season this argument will be over as well, because no one will be able to defend him.

With what the Bears have put around Cutler there are NO more excuses.

Meant it starts this week, and if he can do it week in and week out this argument will be over. If he plays similar to the first half of the season this argument will be over as well, because no one will be able to defend him.

With what the Bears have put around Cutler there are NO more excuses.

There we go...that sums it up.

You think he had a good supporting cast the first couple of years???

Was not Comparing Marino to Cutler. Just stating that there are great QB's that have not won. Marino was a better QB than Jay Cutler.

I stated as much that you weren't comparing Marino and Cutler directly. I did somewhat, to show an example of good vs. bad.

On the first part, it may be a fact that the supporting cast wasn't good the first couple years in Chicago. I am saying it is not a fact that the players around him nor coaching are reasons he hasn't put it together. That is opinion and not fact. In my opinion, he hasn't put it together because he is Jay Cutler. It just happens that he had a bad supporting cast.

The number of OC's supports the title of the article, Jay Cutler gets coaches fired. Cutler didn't get it, he still hasn't got itin his 9th year. If he did, there wouldn't have been so many OC changes.