Where to start?

ASHKUM BEAR

I think the McCaskeys need to contact Ted Thompson, Scott Pioli, Bill Polian, or even Bill Parcells to be President and run football operations. Ted Philllips can stay as VP and head of accounting. I would hate to see George McCaskey and Ted Phillips make irrational decisions and put this franchise in a deeper hole. This starts at the top, from allowing the Angelo/Lovie era to leave this team with no youth. To forcing the next head coach to keep Maranneli (who left anyways) or running his defensive scheme. It has been a circus of clowns going back to nearly 1985 with a team that has not prioritized the important keys to being competitive (QB, LOT, DE, CB). When was the last time we drafted a stud QB, LOT, or DE? I hope the owners are embarrassed and decide to make changes and not just a DC or ST coach.

All great points.

Sadly, I think nothing will be done until season's end. There is a good change big changes could happen then.

I see absolutely no reason why they can't fire Mel Tucker and DiCamilis today though...

I think the McCaskeys need to contact Ted Thompson, Scott Pioli, Bill Polian, or even Bill Parcells to be President and run football operations. Ted Philllips can stay as VP and head of accounting. I would hate to see George McCaskey and Ted Phillips make irrational decisions and put this franchise in a deeper hole. This starts at the top, from allowing the Angelo/Lovie era to leave this team with no youth. To forcing the next head coach to keep Maranneli (who left anyways) or running his defensive scheme. It has been a circus of clowns going back to nearly 1985 with a team that has not prioritized the important keys to being competitive (QB, LOT, DE, CB). When was the last time we drafted a stud QB, LOT, or DE? I hope the owners are embarrassed and decide to make changes and not just a DC or ST coach.

All great points. Sadly, I think nothing will be done until season's end. There is a good change big changes could happen then. I see absolutely no reason why they can't fire Mel Tucker and DiCamilis today though...

Sure they can fire those two, but to right this sinking ship, action has to begin from the top. It makes me sick to think what team hires Emery, makes him keep Lovie. Then Lovie gets fired and they hire Trestman, but make him keep Lovies D and hire a DC that would accept that. I would like to see someone like Parcell's come in and clean house.

Sure they can fire those two, but to right this sinking ship, action has to begin from the top. It makes me sick to think what team hires Emery, makes him keep Lovie. Then Lovie gets fired and they hire Trestman, but make him keep Lovies D and hire a DC that would accept that. I would like to see someone like Parcell's come in and clean house.

From what Briggs said somewhere, they are not running anything like Lovies D. Maybe last year more so then this year..

Tucker sucks. Fire him and whats his name(sp teams coach).

I think Ted Phillips should be fied. Hire someone who knows how an organization should be run.

"The way I see it is in those three key hires, you evaluate the entire body of work and see whether the entire body of work merits having that person back for another season. It's not one game or one play. Again, look at the Giants. They had confidence in their people, their coach, their plan, and it bore fruit."[6]

—McCaskey on Jerry Angelo's firing

Who was in charge of hiring JA and Emery????? Was it Ted Phillips????

Look at his entire body of work. The Bears had a great defense that got them to the SB once since 1999 (when Ted took over). Other then that the Bears have been a middle of the road franchise. JA left the Bears in a bad spot. All under Ted.

Get someone who knows how to run a NFL franchise. Let him make the changes that need to be done. Not Ted, Emery or anyone else.

From what Briggs said somewhere, they are not running anything like Lovies D. Maybe last year more so then this year..

Tucker sucks. Fire him and whats his name(sp teams coach).

I think Ted Phillips should be fied. Hire someone who knows how an organization should be run.

"The way I see it is in those three key hires, you evaluate the entire body of work and see whether the entire body of work merits having that person back for another season. It's not one game or one play. Again, look at the Giants. They had confidence in their people, their coach, their plan, and it bore fruit."[6]

—McCaskey on Jerry Angelo's firing

Who was in charge of hiring JA and Emery????? Was it Ted Phillips????

Look at his entire body of work. The Bears had a great defense that got them to the SB once since 1999 (when Ted took over). Other then that the Bears have been a middle of the road franchise. JA left the Bears in a bad spot. All under Ted.

Get someone who knows how to run a NFL franchise. Let him make the changes that need to be done. Not Ted, Emery or anyone else.

While I realize Briggs shouldn't be opening his mouth, I think its more of a player of his legacy who is on his last legs, has been out hurt, looking at things and saying, wow, there is no possible way to fix this and this would not have happened under previous regimes for whatever reason (probably a lot of it has to do with how bad our coaches are along with roster issues as well). It isn't like Briggs tore Lovie apart when Jauron was replaced. Again, not defending Briggs cause he's still a current member of the team and needed to do whatever he could and it would appear he just never bought in and never did. At the same time, organization should have noticed that and made the necessary changes.

Fact that Emery wastes time analyzing and fact checking reporters comments is pretty sad in and of itself (all to defend and make a stupid comment as to why Jay is elite).

This season, we start with 2 things; fire Tucker and Decammilas immediately. The product they put on the field was pure vomit. In the off season upgrade the OL and DL. I've said it a million times, "it all starts up front!" No pressure on opposing QB's and the opposite on our end makes everything worse. More to come...

This season, we start with 2 things; fire Tucker and Decammilas immediately. The product they put on the field was pure vomit. In the off season upgrade the OL and DL. I've said it a million times, "it all starts up front!" No pressure on opposing QB's and the opposite on our end makes everything worse. More to come...

Mongo, who do you upgrade on the OLine, I assume Mills. Bushrod is signed to a big contract, and Garza, Long, and Slauson (prior to injury) were solid. For the DLine, we just drafted 2, have Paea, Ratliff, and 3x FA signings. Allen is too expensive to cut, and Houston has a big cap hit too. We really need some NFL caliber Safetys and a new LB Corps.

I agree on Tucker and Decam, they need to be fired.

Mongo, who do you upgrade on the OLine, I assume Mills. Bushrod is signed to a big contract, and Garza, Long, and Slauson (prior to injury) were solid. For the DLine, we just drafted 2, have Paea, Ratliff, and 3x FA signings. Allen is too expensive to cut, and Houston has a big cap hit too. We really need some NFL caliber Safetys and a new LB Corps.

I agree on Tucker and Decam, they need to be fired.

Absolutely start with Mills, then Garza, then Slausen. An NFL rookie should come in as solid, as Garza and Slausen have no more upside other than average. On DL, Allen and Paea have been horrible. I agree with you on Safety and LB, but I'll state it just like I did last year. If you don't have solid people up front, the back end will suffer as a result. The tail don't wag the dog. The boys up front are that dog.

I hate to use the cowboys as an analogy, but look what they did. They gutted their OL and DL and built it through the draft. It may take a couple of years, but the only way to build a real team is to be home grown.

We have so many players that were not originally Bears it's disgusting. No pride, no tradition because they were already taught how to be an NFL player elsewhere. No wonder coach can't get people to buy in and believe. They've all been on suckass franchises before us.(Cowboys, Raiders, Lions, Vikings, Jets...)

At this point, it's time to ring some bells. Cut every shitty attitude and hasbeen on the team at the end of the season.(And I bet it's not much more than 5 to 7) If the shelves are bare, so be it. I would rather root for a bunch of no names that are hungry and willing, than the entitled steaming pile of allstar crap we've been watching.

They need to hire a football czar, but keep in mind Bill Parcells and guys like Mike Holmgren failed miserably in that role for the Dolphins and Browns respectively. Bill Polian is 71 and I think he's starting to go a little senile if you listen to him on ESPN sometimes.

They gotta find someone, I'm just not sure who it is.

They need to hire a football czar, but keep in mind Bill Parcells and guys like Mike Holmgren failed miserably in that role for the Dolphins and Browns respectively. Bill Polian is 71 and I think he's starting to go a little senile if you listen to him on ESPN sometimes.

They gotta find someone, I'm just not sure who it is.

Franchises that have been ran right

Baltimore - always in it

New England - enough said

Indy - got lucky with Luck but they where terrible and then came back pretty quick after Manning

Pittsburgh - always in it, year in and year out,

Green Bay - team is made up of people drafted

New York Giants- two SB in the last 10 years/ always in it

Find someone from one of these Franchises.

I heard someone mention Ryan Grigson, as one of the top young excutives in th NFL. So far, I think he is doing a great Job in Indy.

I like that he has a diverse football background which includes experience as a player, coach, scout and executive.

http://www.colts.com/team/staff/Ryan-Grigs...8b-9c3e20720b50

He could be on a potential football csar list.

Why would he want to leave that for us?

I heard someone mention Ryan Grigson, as one of the top young excutives in th NFL. So far, I think he is doing a great Job in Indy.

I like that he has a diverse football background which includes experience as a player, coach, scout and executive.

Impressive resume so far. But I would like someone with more experience. Not sure I like the Trent Richardson trade but I do like a GM not afraid to make some moves.

The biggest thing from his resume that I am really impressed with is total number of player change overs. He completely gutted that roster.

Now the Colts would not be the Colts without one key player, Andrew Luck. Andrew Lucks do not come around very often.

They went from Peyton Manning, he gets hurt, they lose every game except one and get the number draft pick then same draft that Andrew Luck comes out.

That is about as lucky as you can get. Go from one of the best to ever play to Andrew Luck. At the same time the Bears always play just good enough to draft 16-20.

This guys resume does look good, but it wouldn't look this good without Luck.

Impressive resume so far. But I would like someone with more experience. Not sure I like the Trent Richardson trade but I do like a GM not afraid to make some moves.

The biggest thing from his resume that I am really impressed with is total number of player change overs. He completely gutted that roster.

Now the Colts would not be the Colts without one key player, Andrew Luck. Andrew Lucks do not come around very often.

They went from Peyton Manning, he gets hurt, they lose every game except one and get the number draft pick then same draft that Andrew Luck comes out.

That is about as lucky as you can get. Go from one of the best to ever play to Andrew Luck. At the same time the Bears always play just good enough to draft 16-20.

This guys resume does look good, but it wouldn't look this good without Luck.

All a moot point because he isn't going to leave the Colts for Chicago anyway. He is viewed as one of the top execs in the business though and it would be a major coup to hire him, but again, not happening.

All a moot point because he isn't going to leave the Colts for Chicago anyway. He is viewed as one of the top execs in the business though and it would be a major coup to hire him, but again, not happening.

He is an Indiana boy, played for Purdue, and now runs his home state Colts. That will be a tough sell. Money can buy a lot, but not sure it can buy this. I see his brother is director of college scouting for the Arz Cardinals too.