Boycott

madlithuanian

I think it's time.

I wore a Butkus jersey yesterday and felt embarrassed that the team on the field was wearing the same uniform. I can't do it. I cannot tarnish the greats and the memory of Papa Bear by supporting this nonsense. This team..I will say it.

...IS NOT THE BEARS.

There is nothing Bear-ish about them. They are a disgrace to the uniform. With that said, here's how I (if anyone's morbidly interested in knowing) will be handling my support...

1. I will not attend a Bears game until we have a new HC, GM and QB. No more of my money to line the coffers of the McCaskeys. And note, the HC, GM and QB must not be jokes. They must be legit.

2. I will not buy a single Bears product until we have a new HC, GM and QB. See #1

3. I will continue to pay for the NFL ticket on Direct TV. I really do enjoy the Red Zone channel, and I love the sport. Fantasy football keeps me invested in numerous games. And I do enjoy watching some great players like Andrew Luck, etc.

4. I reserve the right to not watch a Bears game in full. My masochism seems to know no bounds, and since I have paid and will pay for the ability to watch the Chicago games since I live in LA...I probably will. At least until the 2nd quarter when we'll be down 0-21. My alternative is simply watching the Red Zone channel. There will be moments of the Bears game shown...you know, when the other team is on our goal line.

5. I will not wear any current player's jersey (Just Marshall & Cutler). I plan to donate my Cutler one to Goodwill. If I were a GB fan, I'd buy it. It's almost as valuable to them as Rodgers'.

6. I plan on wearing black any day the Bears play. It is to appropriately honor the demise of a once great franchise until they are re-born. It's like a funeral... It'll be a subtle protest.

7. I will have no problem wearing classic Bears gear or jerseys on non-game days. Regardless of the current team, their stink cannot touch Walter, Butkus, Sayers, etc...

For the first time in my years of being a Bears fan...I'm 44...I do not like the team. As a whole they are unlikable. There are some individuals I do like. Long, Fuller, Jeffrey... I love my franchise, but I dislike the current team.

I bleed navy and burnt orange. But I'm simply dressing my wounds and keeping the blood inside me instead of letting flow out...

Sadly, those of you tired of my ramblings, I won't be leaving this site. I feel like this is AA! A place where we can talk out our issues!

Bear down. The Bears are down. And will be a for a while. Alaska, I'm resigning our bet. I concede. This isn't a roster and staff I want to be behind. I donated $50 to Walter's Foundation today.

Donation Details

Donation amount: $50.00 USD

Total: $50.00 USD

Purpose: The Walter & Connie Payton Foundation

http://www.payton34.com/?f_checkoutResult=...#33;donate/cazs

I love the Bears. Always will. But, now it's time for some tough love.

:dabears

I think it's time.

I wore a Butkus jersey yesterday and felt embarrassed that the team on the field was wearing the same uniform. I can't do it. I cannot tarnish the greats and the memory of Papa Bear by supporting this nonsense. This team..I will say it.

...IS NOT THE BEARS.

There is nothing Bear-ish about them. They are a disgrace to the uniform. With that said, here's how I (if anyone's morbidly interested in knowing) will be handling my support...

1. I will not attend a Bears game until we have a new HC, GM and QB. No more of my money to line the coffers of the McCaskeys. And note, the HC, GM and QB must not be jokes. They must be legit.

2. I will not buy a single Bears product until we have a new HC, GM and QB. See #1

3. I will continue to pay for the NFL ticket on Direct TV. I really do enjoy the Red Zone channel, and I love the sport. Fantasy football keeps me invested in numerous games. And I do enjoy watching some great players like Andrew Luck, etc.

4. I reserve the right to not watch a Bears game in full. My masochism seems to know no bounds, and since I have paid and will pay for the ability to watch the Chicago game since I live in LA...I probably will. At least until the 2nd quarter when we'll be down 0-21. My alternative is simply watching the Red Zone channel. There will be moments of the Bears game shown...you know, then the other team is on our goal line.

5. I will not wear any current player's jersey (Just Marshall & Cutler). I plan to donate my Cutler one to Goodwill. If I were a GB fan, I'd buy it. It's almost as valuable to them as Rodgers'.

6. I plan on wearing black any day the Bears play. It is to appropriately honor the demise of a once great franchise until they are re-born. It's like a funeral... It'll be a subtle protest.

7. I will have no problem wearing classic Bears gear or jerseys on non-game days. Regardless of the current team, their stink cannot touch Walter, Butkus, Sayers, etc...

For the first time in my years of being a Bears fan...I'm 44...I do not like the team. As a whole they are unlikable. There are some individuals I do like. Long, Fuller, Jeffrey... I love my franchise, but I dislike the current team.

I bleed navy and burnt orange. But I'm simply dressing my wounds and keeping the blood inside me instead of letting flow out...

Sadly, those of you tired of my ramblings, I won't be leaving this site. I feel like this is AA! A place where we can talk out our issues!

Bear down. The Bears are down. And will be a for a while. Alaska, I'm resigning our bet. I concede. This isn't a roster and staff I want to be behind. I donated $50 to Walter's Foundation today.

Donation Details

I am a season ticket holder. I have friends already invited to the next 3 home games. I don't even want to go. This is the first time ever that I may actually sell my tickets. If any of the people want to cancel on going then I am totally fine with not going.

I added it up, every game I go to cost me about 1,000. That's parking, tickets, pregame food and booze, booze in the game. That doesn't include time spent cooking, traveling and shopping.

The product we are seeing on the field is gut wrenching. Im thinking of writing a letter to the Bears about ticket prices rising every year and the quality of play going down every year.

They better not even think about raising prices again.

Im all for a boycott, I just don't see people not showing up. The Bears ticket price will drop to a point people will go just because it is so cheap to go.

I seriously encourage you too write them.

A true boycott won't really happen...but what we could see is more fans from opposing teams show up.

I'm on the waiting list for season tickets. I joined up this past off-season. I'm in now, but my hope is that when it's time to get the seats, the ship will be righted.

I am a season ticket holder. I have friends already invited to the next 3 home games. I don't even want to go. This is the first time ever that I may actually sell my tickets. If any of the people want to cancel on going then I am totally fine with not going.

I added it up, every game I go to cost me about 1,000. That's parking, tickets, pregame food and booze, booze in the game. That doesn't include time spent cooking, traveling and shopping.

The product we are seeing on the field is gut wrenching. Im thinking of writing a letter to the Bears about ticket prices rising every year and the quality of play going down every year.

They better not even think about raising prices again.

Im all for a boycott, I just don't see people not showing up. The Bears ticket price will drop to a point people will go just because it is so cheap to go.

I think I already said this in a thread two weeks ago but I've never seen a team like this. You could always count on defense and our running game showing up. Under Lovie our ST's was always solid as well. If our #1 RB got hurt, we suffered in the running game...

But this team is healthy on O. And this team is fielding the guys they intended to field, for the most part, on D.

Trestman should resign. Tucker and DeCamillis should be fired. Promote from within for interim coaches and then clean house in the off season.

Emery... Hell, I'd fire him too after this mess.

Problem is, the ownership of this team will just pick worse replacements. They need to sell the team. If the city can play any role in that, via contracts at the stadium or whatever, Rahm needs to step up the pressure!

I was fed up after the Pats game. Imagine how I feel now losing to the Packers like this. I assumed we'd lose by 21 and that was going to be BAD ENOUGH.

Guys, we could've lost last night by 70. Easily. This is the worst bunch of coaches and player talent I've ever seen in 50 gad damn years.

I'm right there with you!

I wish they would sell...but I don't think it'll happen. But, there's some hope in this if they clean house from Sweatty Teddy down and bring in some legit football people...

I think I already said this in a thread two weeks ago but I've never seen a team like this. You could always count on defense and our running game showing up. Under Lovie our ST's was always solid as well. If our #1 RB got hurt, we suffered in the running game...

But this team is healthy on O. And this team is fielding the guys they intended to field, for the most part, on D.

Trestman should resign. Tucker and DeCamillis should be fired. Promote from within for interim coaches and then clean house in the off season.

Emery... Hell, I'd fire him too after this mess.

Problem is, the ownership of this team will just pick worse replacements. They need to sell the team. If the city can play any role in that, via contracts at the stadium or whatever, Rahm needs to step up the pressure!

I was fed up after the Pats game. Imagine how I feel now losing to the Packers like this. I assumed we'd lose by 21 and that was going to be BAD ENOUGH.

Guys, we could've lost last night by 70. Easily. This is the worst bunch of coaches and player talent I've ever seen in 50 gad damn years.

It all starts with a clean slate. This organization needs to bring in new football people from the top down. Case closed. We will not get to the next land without doing that. No clue whether they make the right decision but our current crew is incapable of doing so and I hope we continue to play this bad so it makes it very easy for everyone in the league and ownership to understand why the decision has to be made (so no one has to fear about looking like the Browns or Raiders).

How do we make that happen?!

Maybe its for the McCaskey's to sell the team to the folks care more and are more invested in this teams success, WE THE FANS!

LET US the FANS attend shareholder meetings and participate in running this franchise and seems to be working in Green Bay.

Maybe its for the McCaskey's to sell the team to the folks care more and are more invested in this teams success, WE THE FANS!

LET US the FANS attend shareholder meetings and participate in running this franchise and seems to be working in Green Bay.

The fans do not run the team in Green Bay. They buy shares that literally mean nothing. They have a management structure. It just happens to be much, much better than ours.

Peace :dabears

The organization has to bring in someone that is going to hold everyone accountable, and not just say it. I would love Holmgren, Cowher, Chucky, Harbaugh, anyone, even Iron Mike. We have too much talent to be 3-6. We only need 7 straight wins to miss the playoffs.

I assume y ou mean Samurai Mike... Iron Mike is Ditka. Samurai is Singletary.

The organization has to bring in someone that is going to hold everyone accountable, and not just say it. I would love Holmgren, Cowher, Chucky, Harbaugh, anyone, even Iron Mike. We have too much talent to be 3-6. We only need 7 straight wins to miss the playoffs.

Not that wiki is always 100%, but I've never heard Iron used for Singletary. Only for Ditka. I think the nicknames are oftentimes confused due to have 2 great Mikes using nicknanmes around the same time...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Singletary

Professional career[edit]

At 6 ft 0 in (230 lbs (104 kg), Singletary became a starting linebacker in the Chicago Bears defense in the seventh game of his rookie season (1981). In a game against the Kansas City Chiefs, his third as a starter, Singletary put on a remarkable defensive performance recording 10 tackles and forcing a fumble. A nearly unanimous all-rookie selection, Singletary went on to start 172 games for the Bears during his 12-year career, which is the second most in club history.

An intense player, Mike finished as the Bears' first or second leading tackler each of his last 11 seasons. He amassed an impressive 1,488 career tackles, 885 of which were solo efforts. A constant force on defense, he missed playing just two games, both in 1986. He also recorded 7 interceptions and 12 fumble recoveries.

In a game against the Denver Broncos in 1990 he had a personal-best performance when he recorded 10 solo tackles and 10 assists. Selected to play in a team record 10 Pro Bowls, Singletary was All-Pro eight times, and All-NFC every year from 1983 to 1991.

He earned the nickname Samurai Mike during his professional career in recognition of the intimidating focus and intensity he displayed on the field. He was also known as the Minister of Defense, as he is also an ordained minister. (For the same reason, the nickname would later be given to Reggie White.)

He led the Bears to a 15-1 season in 1985. That season, he recorded 109 solo tackles (52 assists), 3 sacks, 1 interception, 3 fumble recoveries, 1 forced fumble, and 10 defended passes. He won the NFL Defensive Player of the Year,[2] and led a defense that was ranked 1st overall (1st against the rush; 3rd against the pass).

Throughout the 1985 playoffs, Singletary provided stellar efforts in all 3 games. In the divisional game against the New York Giants at home, Singletary provided a fumble recovery early in the 1st quarter and a sack of quarterback Phil Simms on 3rd down early in the 3rd quarter. The Bears went on to win 21-0. In the NFC Championship Game vs. the Los Angeles Rams, Singletary and the Bears dominated again. Mike Ditka said that the day before the game, he was talking to the offense while Singletary was in the next room giving the defense a motivational speech. While it started out quiet, within minutes, Samurai Mike was screaming at the top of his lungs and the defensive players were throwing chairs and knocking over tables. The Bears would eventually go to win Super Bowl XX by beating the New England Patriots 46–10. In the game, Singletary broke up a pass that would have gone for a touchdown, delivered jarring hits to New England running back Craig James all game, and tied a Super Bowl record with 2 fumble recoveries.

Singletary was named NFL Defensive Player of the Year by the Associated Press in 1985 and 1988. He was elected to the College Football Hall of Fame in 1995 and to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1998. In 1999, he was ranked number 56 on The Sporting News' list of the 100 Greatest Football Players.

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-1...ef-5c05419785f6

Actually Singletary had both nicknames.

http://chicagosuntimes.com/football/rise-u...t-sundays-game/

I have tailgated with the same group of guys for 5 years, we haven't missed a game, we have two vans of people and normally have about 30 people every week. It been a pretty long streak for us. Well everyone is selling their tickets. I invited friends and they just canceled. So I am now selling my tickets.

I support your decision.

http://chicagosuntimes.com/football/rise-u...t-sundays-game/

I have tailgated with the same group of guys for 5 years, we haven't missed a game, we have two vans of people and normally have about 30 people every week. It been a pretty long streak for us. Well everyone is selling their tickets. I invited friends and they just canceled. So I am now selling my tickets.

• 2 weeks later...

The boycott is still on.

I will keep wearing black.

(we are 2-0 since I started...)

I think it's time.

...IS NOT THE BEARS.

4. I reserve the right to not watch a Bears game in full. My masochism seems to know no bounds, and since I have paid and will pay for the ability to watch the Chicago games since I live in LA...I probably will. At least until the 2nd quarter when we'll be down 0-21. My alternative is simply watching the Red Zone channel. There will be moments of the Bears game shown...you know, when the other team is on our goal line.

Donation Details