Topic talked about on the score

Chitownhustla

With the play calling the score guys said it looks like Trestman doesn't trust Cutler so his play calling is the short dink and dunk variety. I only saw the first half but in the first half I don't remember the Bears throwing down field at all.

Could this be the reason the Bears offense looks soooo out of whack???? Trestman is calling a conservative game plan to limit the INT and turnovers?

That could explain the lack luster performance by the offense. IF the players are not happy with the play call there could be problems.

Im all for trying to limit the Bears exposure to turn overs but playing it conservative will only hold this offense back.

That's a perfectly good reason for it, but the offense has looked like shit for a several weeks now.

I do agree most radio can be idiots....sometimes they have good info.

I think most plays Trestman has in the offense have checkdowns as well as deeper routes. I'd say Cutler may be making the call on going with the dinks himself. Only Tresty and Cutty know for sure.

Weather...

Sports radio guys are mostly idiots.

I dont find that to be true, listen to the score quite a bit and besides being entertained, I find some good insight. They have to fill hours of time everyday and do have some lame stuff come out of there mouth, but to blanket that all sports radio guys are idiots, says a lot about you.

We just faced a team with a good pass rush and one of the top 3-tech DTs in the NFL while two of our Oline starters are sitting on the sideline. We also had Eben Britton sitting out and he often comes in as the extra blocker when we take those shots downfield. Maybe Trestman should have had complete confidence in Charles Leno and Michael Ola or maybe these radio guys missed seeing the 3 sacks the Buccaneers had on Cutler in the 1st half.

I also think there is some truth to reigning in Cutler. If they went so far as to discuss benching him recently then it's not unreasonable to think they'd do some things to make him find, and get in the habit of taking, the safer throws. I really don't have a problem with that. The radio guys can talk it up as Trestman doesn't trust Jay but I want my HC to do whatever it takes to get a winning product on the field. Part of this involves understanding what his players can do well and can't do well and aligning that with the play calls. If that involves hurting a particular player's ego then so be it. There was another thread on here that we should not cater to Cutler who likes to take those downfield throws. Well then, there you go.

If that involves hurting a particular player's ego then so be it.

Frankly, good coaches just tell it like it is. Ditka never worried about hurting anyone's feelings. He may/may not have been a great coach but he's still an icon in Chicago.

Point being, I agree with you, the coach has to do what's best for the team. I doubt anything out there had anything to do with Trestman losing faith in Jay. Just making adjustments and maybe telling Jay how it's got to be, not allowing him as much rope to hang himself.

And if that's what's happening, it's a step in the right direction for Trestman.