IF Trestman is fired, who do you hire?

Bears4Ever_34

I would take him in a heartbeat, but would make sure Harbaugh isn't an option first.

Could you imagine what it would be like to have Rex as the HC and his brother Rob as the DC? lol

I'd say I'd agree to Harbaugh first then maybe Rex as DC before HC consideration. Not sold as much on the idea for him to be HC just yet.

Don't want anything to do with Rob Ryan. His D the last few years has been atrocious. Currently 29th in NO and rated at the bottom in Dallas when he was there. *edit*

I would take him in a heartbeat, but would make sure Harbaugh isn't an option first.

Could you imagine what it would be like to have Rex as the HC and his brother Rob as the DC? lol

NE struck gold by hiring Bill after Cleveland. Coaches learn from their mistakes, maybe Rex has too. The jets players love playing for him, that is one thing you need. Trestman may not have that.

NE struck gold by hiring Bill after Cleveland. Coaches learn from their mistakes, maybe Rex has too. The jets players love playing for him, that is one thing you need. Trestman may not have that.

They also liked playing for Lovie.

I just think Rex needs to work on his discipline. The Jets have been more a circus than not while he was coach. Wasn't he the one that wanted Tebow?

I'd be ok with him being a DC first, either for Trestman or Harbaugh.

They also liked playing for Lovie.

I just think Rex needs to work on his discipline. The Jets have been more a circus than not while he was coach. Wasn't he the one that wanted Tebow?

I'd be ok with him being a DC first, either for Trestman or Harbaugh.

I see Mike Holmgren has an itch to coach again and will only come back if a huge opportunity arose. With our offensive weapons, I wonder if he can be the Phil Jackson for the Bears. Also try lure Detroit DC Teryl Austin as DC/Asst Head Coach, he worked with Holmgren from 2003-2006. Holmgren can work with Emery on GM duties and Phillips on president duties....because he has done them.

If Emery would like to remain a GM, he should walk into Teddys office and sell him this plan.

What good old coach or up and coming coach with options will want this job? It's not a favorable situation for a guy to want to come out of retirement and could be a career killer for a young coach.

The QB sucks, the elite rb is going to be 30, the defense if devoid of talent, and Emery is a crap GM.

What good old coach or up and coming coach with options will want this job? It's not a favorable situation for a guy to want to come out of retirement and could be a career killer for a young coach.

The QB sucks, the elite rb is going to be 30, the defense if devoid of talent, and Emery is a crap GM.

A great coach wanting to relive the glory days. Sure it's been bad, but what's the point if you don't have any hope. They need to figure something out with what they have to work with.

A great coach wanting to relive the glory days. Sure it's been bad, but what's the point if you don't have any hope. They need to figure something out with what they have to work with.

That's basically where I am at, no hope. I don't think a new head coach will help. I'm not saying coaching is good, but I think it's more of a personnel thing.

Emery hired Trestman, his coaching staff, gave Cutler an extension, and has let the D go to crap. Between money wasted on his decisions and the state of the team, I don't see how his head isn't first on the chopping table.

Obviously, others need it too, but he is the designer of what you see on the field this year. He's responsible for all coaching hires, all the defensive players brought in, resigned, and not released.

If I am a coach that was great at one time, I don't want to ruin my reputation with this franchise this year. If I am an up and coming coach, I wouldn't want to ruin my future by taking a chance with this talent and GM.

Singletary is back in the mix allegedly.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000043...ead-coach-again

I would probably rather keep Marc Trestman than hire that psycho.

Mike Tomlin is a situation worth monitoring. I don't think he gets fired unless his team completely collapses down the stretch. They lost to a bad Saints team last week at home, and they haven't made the playoffs since Tim Tebow was a starting QB if my memory serves me correctly.. A game which they lost by the way.

If he's available, I would put him right up there with Harbaugh. He's won a Superbowl before, granted he inherited an already Superbowl talented roster after Cowher left, but still. He's another guy with HC experience that gets respect from his players.

1) Harbaugh

2) Tomlin

3) Ryan

4) Bowles

5) Sumlin

Mike Tomlin is a situation worth monitoring. I don't think he gets fired unless his team completely collapses down the stretch. They lost to a bad Saints team last week at home, and they haven't made the playoffs since Tim Tebow was a starting QB if my memory serves me correctly.. A game which they lost by the way.

If he's available, I would put him right up there with Harbaugh. He's won a Superbowl before, granted he inherited an already Superbowl talented roster after Cowher left, but still. He's another guy with HC experience that gets respect from his players.

1) Harbaugh

2) Tomlin

3) Ryan

4) Bowles

5) Sumlin

I like your list. But, I would change the order to: Tomlin, Ryan, Sumlin, Harbaugh, Bowles

1) Harbaugh

2) Tomlin

3) Ryan

4) Bowles

5) Sumlin

I think Singletary and Harbaugh would be a most wonderful combination. Rich with Bear tradition and both are extremely firey. It would be awesome. But either or the other would work in my book. Harbaugh and Singletary in that order.

So what you're telling me in Tomlin is that youd be ok with a "mediocre coach " (meaning he hasn't made the playoffs in awhile and had one SB appearance before that) in coming to Chicago as the next HC? Oh, and the players loved playing for? Remind me again why the team let go of Lovie?

I think Singletary and Harbaugh would be a most wonderful combination. Rich with Bear tradition and both are extremely firey. It would be awesome. But either or the other would work in my book. Harbaugh and Singletary in that order.

So what you're telling me in Tomlin is that youd be ok with a "mediocre coach " (meaning he hasn't made the playoffs in awhile and had one SB appearance before that) in coming to Chicago as the next HC? Oh, and the players loved playing for? Remind me again why the team let go of Lovie?

He has his faults, but he's still been to two Superbowls and won 1 of them. Can't knock him for that. I still think he's an excellent head coach despite missing the playoffs the last 2 years. Sometimes coaches need a change of scenery like players do.

At least he was one before. My freind that's a huge SF fan, thinks that he's the reason for the SF turnaround. He didn't get enough credit instilling an ethic. He says Harbaugh simply built on that with a better overall plan having done it before in numerous locations.

There are worse hires...

Singletary is back in the mix allegedly.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000043...ead-coach-again

Tomlin is Sifert version 2. Good, not great and ran off the coattails of a great coach.

Plus, given that he's won a super bowl is not a good thing. No HC has done it twice ever. It's not a good batting average.

1) Harbaugh

2) Tomlin

3) Ryan

4) Bowles

5) Sumlin

At least he was one before. My freind that's a huge SF fan, thinks that he's the reason for the SF turnaround. He didn't get enough credit instilling an ethic. He says Harbaugh simply built on that with a better overall plan having done it before in numerous locations.

There are worse hires...

A point I've made before. I totally agree that Singletary didn't get his due for what he did in SF. He pretty much built the defense to where it became what it was. Harbaugh continued the discipline and added the touch of his offense to finish the package. Big reason why I would love having both of them as coaches.

The one big ding I have for Harbaugh is ridding himself of Smith for Kaepernick.

There are worse hires...

You guys know what I think of Trestman. I think if posed with the alternative of hiring Mike as our HC, I would tell you forget it, please give Trestman a 10 year extension. Singletary would be just an awful hire as anything but a LB coach (with some sort of like Assistant HC title).

You guys know what I think of Trestman. I think if posed with the alternative of hiring Mike as our HC, I would tell you forget it, please give Trestman a 10 year extension. Singletary would be just an awful hire as anything but a LB coach (with some sort of like Assistant HC title).

Agreed, and I wouldn't even want him as a LB coach. Almost every LB the Bears will have will be young guys needing developed, and I would rather trust that to a more proven LB coach.