Briggs to IR

Chitownhustla

He was great in his prime, but things went south once Urlacher left. Briggs was not the same and his attitude (and actions) soured on a lot of people. He was a great player and that player will be missed, but he just was not the same player the last two years.

Announcing this now is a signal that he will not be back.

Glad to see Bears commit to the younger players. Briggs had a phenomenal career for the Bears and I don't think he'll get an offer to play anywhere next season. It's hard to believe his 35 tackles will be enough to impress anyone to pay more than a vet min salary and I don't see Briggs going through the motions for that. His skipping the 1st practice of the season to open a restaurant, not to mention his recent comments about not listening to his coaches during meetings, told the entire league what kind of leader he is…meaning a rebuilding team won't sign him as a backup player to provide locker room leadership.

What Emery has done is smart because he frees up another roster spot to bring in a young player, or players if we cut and run, and see what they can do. It also keeps Briggs' attitude out of the LB meeting room and that alone might be the biggest help.

Glad to see Bears commit to the younger players. Briggs had a phenomenal career for the Bears and I don't think he'll get an offer to play anywhere next season. It's hard to believe his 35 tackles will be enough to impress anyone to pay more than a vet min salary and I don't see Briggs going through the motions for that. His skipping the 1st practice of the season to open a restaurant, not to mention his recent comments about not listening to his coaches during meetings, told the entire league what kind of leader he is…meaning a rebuilding team won't sign him as a backup player to provide locker room leadership.

What Emery has done is smart because he frees up another roster spot to bring in a young player, or players if we cut and run, and see what they can do. It also keeps Briggs' attitude out of the LB meeting room and that alone might be the biggest help.

If he is willing to play for $1-2 million, someone will pick him up.