Mel Tucker to be fired

scs787

Why wait until the end of the season? I know "barring any signficant improvement" they'll reconsider but really? Why not let someone else run the D to the end of the season? Like Pasquolinoi? See if that does make a difference to help gauge next year.

Good decision in letting Tucker go, bad choice on when to do it.

Like putting lipstick on the pig. The McCaskey family needs to do more than this window dressing move. Phillips to Emery to the whole staff needs to go. Anything less proves George McCaskey is a coward. If part of the indictment of Tucker is that he cannot adjust to in game situations; what about Trestman's abysmal play calling; I thought John Shoop was bad, Trestman is just as ignorant. The league has figured this one trick pony out. Damn the McCaskeys are worthless.

SO if Mel gets canned, it's Lovie 2.0. Where you going to find a good coordinator to step into such a rocky situation knowing their Bear's tenure might very well be one and done? OF course the McCoward's could let Phail Emery and Clueless Trestman hang around another couple of years I guess. I cannot believe the death spiral and circular thinking the McCowards have placed themselves in.

Like putting lipstick on the pig. The McCaskey family needs to do more than this window dressing move. Phillips to Emery to the whole staff needs to go. Anything less proves George McCaskey is a coward. If part of the indictment of Tucker is that he cannot adjust to in game situations; what about Trestman's abysmal play calling; I thought John Shoop was bad, Trestman is just as ignorant. The league has figured this one trick pony out. Damn the McCaskeys are worthless.

Agreed.

SO if Mel gets canned, it's Lovie 2.0. Where you going to find a good coordinator to step into such a rocky situation knowing their Bear's tenure might very well be one and done? OF course the McCoward's could let Phail Emery and Clueless Trestman hang around another couple of years I guess. I cannot believe the death spiral and circular thinking the McCowards have placed themselves in.

Exactly.

Peace :dabears

I literally laughed when I saw this online. Releasing this or leaking this now is a freakin joke.

They think this will settle Bear fans down.

Do they really think this will make everything better?????

I won't be happy until everyone from Ted on down is fired.

Not that my happiness with the Bears matters.

Agreed...

Why wait until the end of the season? I know "barring any signficant improvement" they'll reconsider but really? Why not let someone else run the D to the end of the season? Like Pasquolinoi? See if that does make a difference to help gauge next year.

Good decision in letting Tucker go, bad choice on when to do it.

Seriously spot on.

Bingo! Postponing the inevitable part 2...

That's not enough.

There need to be a ;egit attept at bringing in real knowledgable football people in. Not just fringe guys.

If they whiff on bringing a Polian, etc...then so be it. At least it was a legit attempt. Brining in another scout, some clown from an Arena league, or a coordinator form a bad D...won't work.

I won't be happy until everyone from Ted on down is fired.

That's not enough.

There need to be a ;egit attept at bringing in real knowledgable football people in. Not just fringe guys.

If they whiff on bringing a Polian, etc...then so be it. At least it was a legit attempt. Brining in another scout, some clown from an Arena league, or a coordinator form a bad D...won't work.

My hoping that everyone from Ted down gets fired was meant that their positions would be filled

With qualified people.

Hoping the Canadian football experiment stops with creepy trestman.

aargh..... time to start drinking heavily :)

Barring a HC change, which seems unlikely at this point, Paul Pasquiloni or Hoke will be your defensive coordinator next year. Phil probably drafts a 2nd or 3rd round talent with the 10th or 11th pick in the draft and we are right back in the same situation next season. #lifeasabearsfan

At least this is a move in the right direction. However, this does create a lame duck/one and done scenario for whoever comes in, because if Trestman only gets one more year, the new guy might be out of a job after one year. On the other hand, you basically have nowhere to go but up and you are going to look like a savior when the defense is ranked 20th next year.

If true then I think the choices of Hoke or Pasqualoni make sense. Personally I prefer Pasqualoni simply for his overall experience. I also like the idea of bringing in Rex Ryan but he'd do that only if 1) he didn't have a shot at another HC job (I think he will but you never know) and 2) that we'd commit to interviewing him for the HC job should it become available in another year.

As others have stated, why is this suddenly out there? We have now set things up so that anything Tucker says is disregarded. That is no way to run any organization because people will just sit back and wait for the change to take place. There is no reason to worry about their own performance as Tucker will take the fall for all that goes wrong.

I don't believe this is Emery's style at all and so it is not coming from him. Trestman? He's in enough trouble as it is I can't see him doing something to further upset his standing with Emery. If not them then who?

As with all things I think we should look at who stands to prosper if a change is made. Ownership is one party who could "prosper" from this because they want to keep their fan base happy. Coaches also could prosper. This will be looked at as a 1 yr job so we likely won't get a decent DC to come in and take over. A guy like the ones mentioned (Pasqualoni, Hoke) might think they could prosper better if they were named the interim coach for the last few games and got a shot to show what they can do as a DC. That would be a huge gamble on their part if Emery found out they leaked this to the media but then again, they could figure that any new DC might just fire them too so what do they have to lose.

Players are another group and for similar reasons. They might want to get rid of the D we're running for the last few games so they can show they can play better and keep their jobs next season. I doubt this as Rappoport wouldn't have phrased his words the way he did if this was the case.

IMO…most likely is Pasqualoni or someone in the ownership. Similar comments about Cutler make me think this is all coming from ownership.

Ian Rapaport apparently brought up the name Wade Phillips as a possible DC replacement on the radio yesterday. I haven't heard the interview yet, but I heard that's a name that was brought up. If true, I'd be all for it. Wade has a history of taking over historically awful defenses and making them the #1 or #2 defense in the entire league the very next year. He also might be the only quality candidate to replace Mel Tucker in a lame duck year under Trestman because he's old and most teams aren't calling asking for him to work anymore.

Ian Rapaport apparently brought up the name Wade Phillips as a possible DC replacement on the radio yesterday. I haven't heard the interview yet, but I heard that's a name that was brought up. If true, I'd be all for it. Wade has a history of taking over historically awful defenses and making them the #1 or #2 defense in the entire league the very next year. He also might be the only quality candidate to replace Mel Tucker in a lame duck year under Trestman because he's old and most teams aren't calling asking for him to work anymore.

I like Wade Phillips, I would have liked him instead of Tucker back when they hired Tucker.

And to think Paul Pasqualoni (Bears D-Line coach) replaced Phillips as interim DC the year the Cowboys fired him. Well we know Pasqualoni/Phillips worked together....they are both 3-4 guys along with Clint Hurtt and Reggie Herring. Maybe this is the direction the Bears are thinking?

It is a possibility:

NT- Ego Ferguson

DE-Lamar Houston

DE-Will Sutton

OLB-Willie Young

OLB-Shea McClellin

ILB-Jon Bostic

ILB-Christian Jones

CB-Kyle Fuller

CB-Tim Jennings

S-Ryan Mundy

S-

You are right, could work. Jared Allen could maybe play a similar position to Julius Peppers up in GB......

McClellin would love this move. He was a beast playing OLB in a 3-4 in college.

Paea could play NT too.