Offseason Options

adam

Offseason Options  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the Bears should do?

• Status Quo - Keep everyone, try again only with some new personnel, it was injuries
    • Blame Game - Keep Trestman and Cutler, fire Tucker and DeCam only, try again with some new personnel and coaches
    • Can't Fix em - Keep Trestman, trade/cut Cutler, see what Trestman can do with someone else
    • WTB NFL Coaches - Fire entire coaching staff, keep Cutler
    • Clean house - Fire entire staff, trade/cut Cutler
    • Other (explain)

I picked other. I wanted to pick Clean House, but the option doesn't include getting rid of Emery.

I'm not going to trust a GM that thought Trestman and Tucker to be good coaches to pick a new coach. Nor, am I going trust said GM to find a QB that thought Cutler was worth that contract.

Because of that, I would lean more towards status quo. That way, it's more likely next year that they will be fired and Cutler moved. There is no other positive there, so i can't pick losing.

I just pick other.

I picked other. I wanted to pick Clean House, but the option doesn't include getting rid of Emery.

I'm not going to trust a GM that thought Trestman and Tucker to be good coaches to pick a new coach. Nor, am I going trust said GM to find a QB that thought Cutler was worth that contract.

Because of that, I would lean more towards status quo. That way, it's more likely next year that they will be fired and Cutler moved. There is no other positive there, so i can't pick losing.

I just pick other.

Fire them all.

The one before it was fire the coaching staff and keep Cutler. Clean house had Cutler going, so I thought staff there also referred to coaching staff.

I just didn't see a scenario where Cutler was kept an the entire organization was purged, but I guess it is possible.

Fire everyone, Ted Phillips on down. Let the new President hire a GM and then the GM and President can hire a coaching staff. Let them decide on Cutler.

Either way the new staff has Cutler for one year due to the contract. If he plays well they can keep him, if he sucks cut his ass after next year.

All this is based on the fact that I don't think anyone will trade for Cutler and I don't think the Bears will cut him when he is going to get paid 15 million dollars next year playing or not playing.

All this is based on the fact that I don't think anyone will trade for Cutler and I don't think the Bears will cut him when he is going to get paid 15 million dollars next year playing or not playing.

I think atleast one team would take a flyer on him in trade. One of like the Jets, Buccs, or Titans that will miss out on Winston or Mariota and may be willing to trade.

It would only cost them 12.5 million for the year. They could cut him after the year with no cap hit. If he works out on the new team, they have him locked up for multiple years.

I don't think the Bears will get much in return, except for a conditional pick and cap space.

i chose other...

i would fire ted phillips first and foremost. hire someone who is sharp in NFL management, polian or holmgren (i don't have a clue) or whoever is the freaking best football minded man out there to make the decisions, WITHOUT mccaskey stipulations, on whether to hire or fire anyone else in this franchise.

if you don't do this then what the hell is the point of any of it?

TEAR IT DOWN TOP TO BOTTOM!

It won't happen, but that's what I want...

Kind of like most things in life!

I just hope the Rolling Stones are prophetic...you can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need.

So what do you think? Vote and add comments. This is what you want to see as a Bears fan this year.