Aaron Kromer tearful appology to team

Bears4Ever_34

You basically stated that Kromer and you agree on Cutler. There are no facts to back that up. And you don't hold Kromer accountable because he, without fact, validates your opinion. Funny thing is; you don't need that to win the debate. You held firm and were right. You don't need speculation.

Facts about???

Did he (Kromer) or did he not speak out about "buyers remorse" on Cutler? And say essentially it was a mistake to keep him? I know I did...unless you missed all that from earlier this year.

Or am I missing your point?

To be fair, he claimed he didn't leak the buyer remorse part. He manned up to the team and admitted to the criticism of Cutler's play and the example that was given.

Rapoport likely combined his comments with other rumors and leaks he had heard. Kromer is taking the backlash for all of it.

Personally, I don't hold any of this against Kromer. It could have a lingering effect that follows him through out his career and he likely cost himself his job for putting his name to it.

Yep.

I'd say yep he's partially to blame as the OC for what ailed the offense. But something tells me that he wasn't sold on Cutler early on and just decided to follow the lead of Emery and Trestman...-.as the OC. Trusting that either knew what they were doing. Werent we all fooled?

Then this happens. Kromer essentially says what most of us (I know I have) have been thinking all this time. That keeping AND paying Cutler was a mistake. Tearful or not the fact that Kromer calls it like he saw it, I have no problem with. He didn't agree with the move and decided he'd had enough. Maybe he wasn't consulted and this is his way (as someone else suggested) to get out of working in Chicago? Who knows?

I'm saying that most of this is NOT what Kromer said. You put your thoughts, added his, then combined them to create a false opinion from Kromer. I applaud your steadfast opinion, but that gets countered through embellishing.

So maybe I'm confused. Going back to the Lovie days, most here would admonish him because his press conferences were bland and devoid of any controversy. People were upset because no 'open' discussions were happening about what was going on behind the scene. Save for a few outbursts from Urlacher time to time.

Then this happens. Kromer essentially says what most of us (I know I have) have been thinking all this time. That keeping AND paying Cutler was a mistake. Tearful or not the fact that Kromer calls it like he saw it, I have no problem with. He didn't agree with the move and decided he'd had enough. Maybe he wasn't consulted and this is his way (as someone else suggested) to get out of working in Chicago? Who knows?

It's obvious there is a lot of dysfunction but it's not Kromer's doing.

Sorry just trying to rationalize the whole thing. Only have the most recent coach to compare to and that happens to be Lovie. Shall I make up a fake name instead?

How are you rationalizing the whole thing. You are comparing Lovies Press conferences with Kromer talking shit to a reporter behind the scene. Two very different things.

Lovies press conferences were bland and devoid of any real info not controversy. No one bitched about him not causing any controversy. From what I heard Lovie has changed the way he deals with the media down in Tampa.

Had Kromer got up in his weekly press conference and said Cutler is screwing up, that is the problem; you could compare that to Lovie but he didn't.

From the reaction of sports media and even Trestman, what Kromer did was wrong. No one is saying that the comment about jay was wrong.

The Bears are at the lowest point I can remember, Kromer just added more drama to the circus. A unified Team/coaching staff would not have this happen.

I have been a Cutler backer, I thought if you gave him weapons and a good scheme he would dominate. I was wrong, the scheme this year has sucked but I cant give Cutler anymore excuses. With that said Kromer still broke an unwritten rule by going to the media to throw a player under the bus.

Big mistake throwing the Franchise 100 million dollar QB under the bus, if the Locker room was broken or their was a distrust in the coaching staff Kromer just made sure that happened.

Saying the things he did had zero positive impact. It was stupid. With the season getting worse and worse every week the Bears need something positive, not negative.

Why? He is the OC, and we have regressed as a team. The play calling, which he owns is horrible. Who knows, Trestman might have given Kromer more control over the offense and this is what we got.

Who leaks something as anonymous then admits to doing it? Someone that was probably going to be outed. So in order to save face, you come out and admit it. Sounds weak to me. Zero accountability in this organization. He should be fired on the spot. Say it on the record or don't say it.

For one, if they were going to do that the time to do it was on day one or two when this leaked out. It's not as if Trestman couldn't simply step in and be the OC for the last 3 games anyway. So then, why go through this media storm if you don't have to? All you have to do is read this thread to know what the fan base feels. At least the majority of the fan base. I know I'm far less emotional over this than pretty much everything I've read here. I can't really say why that is either but it can be the result of the industry I've worked in for 20 years and maybe some Air Force background. Or maybe I'm just tuning out a bad season.

Like any organization you keep someone who has screwed up around because you still feel it makes the organization better. Since he is still here I suspect Kromer has a lot of respect in the organization for what he's done with our Oline the last couple seasons. I share that sentiment especially this year with all the injuries. His comments on Cutler may have been so emotional in part because he felt that he was defending his Oline which has come under fire recently for the poor running game. That doesn't make it right and what he did was clearly the wrong way to handle things.

The other factor for me is that I think the ownership is set on giving Trestman a 3rd season. I said when Pasqualoni was hired that I felt he was the backup plan for Tucker. We have no such plan or talent in place on the offensive side. Will the ownership, or Emery, setup a hot-seat coach who already has a DC on a 1 yr deal with an OC on a 1yr deal? If you are going to do that you might as well fire everyone now. From ownership's standpoint I think they want to stay the course another season with Trestman.

Maybe I'm less emotional because I know it takes a lot of pressure to make a diamond. The question is will the mold break under pressure or will it hold. Most will say the mold just broke but I've seen numerous contentious situations that ended up working out very well long term once everyone got it all out on the table. It's not easy and takes good leadership to wade through those waters. Either way you'll never get there without the pressure and it's on max right now.

The first test post Kromer-gate is a big fat F. Not so much that we lost but the entire offense is lost out there. No passion, no energy. Too many missed assignments including a couple worthless blocks from Matt Forte. Cutler never had his head in the game, looked completely disheartened throughout. Everyone will blame Cutler but I doubt I could find anyone here who would enjoy going to work if their boss said they are or should not part of the future to the entire world. It was incumbent on Trestman to fix that and he failed.

The first test post Kromer-gate is a big fat F. Not so much that we lost but the entire offense is lost out there. No passion, no energy. Too many missed assignments including a couple worthless blocks from Matt Forte. Cutler never had his head in the game, looked completely disheartened throughout. Everyone will blame Cutler but I doubt I could find anyone here who would enjoy going to work if their boss said they are or should not part of the future to the entire world. It was incumbent on Trestman to fix that and he failed.

It is a disaster. I'm telling you guys, the stories that are going to come out when this Trestman era ends are going to be insane. There are already reports of players fighting coaches, etc. Supposedly Marshall got into with a coach. Literally this team is so undiscplined and I understand players make the plays and they make the penalties but it is up to the coaches to really instill the general importance and be able to deliver that disciplined message that people get and follow through with. This is a ship with no captain and everyone kind of does what they want. Half assed routes are ran, wrong routes are ran, false starts, missed block assignments, etc. I think coaches point this out but its the way they point it out and the lack of repercussions and the way it is handled that is thoroughly missed.

I also think we are really seeing why Trestman has rarely made it past 2 years anywhere in the league.