Emery putting distance between him and trestman

Chitownhustla

Haha...I noticed where he said contractually I don't control the coaching staff. I found that hillarious given that it seems pretty well documented that he forced our worse coaches on Trestman (and picked our biggest turd..Trestman himself). I will say I do like some of our young players out there but wow and I guess I'll give Emery credit for that (as this past years draft looks a bit better...although jury is still out) but man what a collasal mess we are. Thankfully the more this happens the better shape we are in.

I read that article yesterday and felt the same way. Emery was very much watching what happened (post Kromer-gate) and how the team responded to this incident. Getting away from his first draft that was horrible I think Emery has brought in some good players and found them at all levels from 1st Rd (Kyle Long - Pro Bowl) to UDFA's who appear to have a future with the team (Christian Jones, and maybe Al Louis-Jean).

ESPN had a short segment on what's wrong with the Bears. Bill Polian said some interesting things about our defense: "They have to decide what they are. Are they a 2-gap or a 1-gap scheme up front? Are they zone coverage or man? He said when he watches film it seems like too often players are doing a mixture of schemes and that's why players look either lost or out of position.

I read that article yesterday and felt the same way. Emery was very much watching what happened (post Kromer-gate) and how the team responded to this incident. Getting away from his first draft that was horrible I think Emery has brought in some good players and found them at all levels from 1st Rd (Kyle Long - Pro Bowl) to UDFA's who appear to have a future with the team (Christian Jones, and maybe Al Louis-Jean).

ESPN had a short segment on what's wrong with the Bears. Bill Polian said some interesting things about our defense: "They have to decide what they are. Are they a 2-gap or a 1-gap scheme up front? Are they zone coverage or man? He said when he watches film it seems like too often players are doing a mixture of schemes and that's why players look either lost or out of position.

that's funny I've heard that same thing from other ppl as well. Can't remember the dudes name but he's on espn with Colin cowherd every week

That is exactly what is happening and I have heard that numerous times. Almost like every area of the defense is on a different scheme at the same time. So LB's and DB's are almost always out of position.

I still believe Emery is pretty good (with his scouting background), I just think he got the coaching hire wrong.

Looking at his picks, Drafttek has a pretty cool feature here: http://www.drafttek.com/ConsolidatedNFLDra...HI#.VJItSnvdf-s

which shows the pct of players still on the drafted team roster from 2012-2014. The Bears are 10th at 80%, but 25th for overall retained at 16. This is due to lack of draft picks, however, Emery has actually done pretty good with the 16 retained with 12 seeing a lot of playing time.

The craziest thing is to look at 2009-2011: http://www.drafttek.com/ConsolidatedNFLDra...HI#.VJItYXvdf-s

We drafted 19 players in those 3 years and have only 2 left on the roster. That is insane.

That is exactly what is happening and I have heard that numerous times. Almost like every area of the defense is on a different scheme at the same time. So LB's and DB's are almost always out of position.

I still believe Emery is pretty good (with his scouting background), I just think he got the coaching hire wrong.

Looking at his picks, Drafttek has a pretty cool feature here: http://www.drafttek.com/ConsolidatedNFLDra...HI#.VJItSnvdf-s

which shows the pct of players still on the drafted team roster from 2012-2014. The Bears are 10th at 80%, but 25th for overall retained at 16. This is due to lack of draft picks, however, Emery has actually done pretty good with the 16 retained with 12 seeing a lot of playing time.

The craziest thing is to look at 2009-2011: http://www.drafttek.com/ConsolidatedNFLDra...HI#.VJItYXvdf-s

We drafted 19 players in those 3 years and have only 2 left on the roster. That is insane.

Re: 09 - 11, how does that compare with the league?

Makes sense. Awful.

Yeah, we have 2 players left from 2009-2011 (Conte and Paea) tied with CAR (Newton and Hardy). Every other team had at least 3 players or more. GB had the high at 22 players from 2009-2011 still on their roster and 33 from 2009-2014.