Rumor: Bears / Titans Reach Agreement on Cutler

DABEARSDABOMB

Rumor: Bears benched Cutler because they have reached agreement on a deal which would send him to Tennessee

http://national.suntimes.com/national-spor...nnessee-titans/

No idea validity of this but literally 4 people at work came by in last 5 minutes asking me if it was true, haha, so apparently this has been pretty widely reported. Probably a lot of junk but I presume nothing is to prevent teams from discussing hypothetical trades even though deadline hasn't been reached so I could see a scenario where that is the case. I just question why we would allow our current management team to make any sort of deal, unless of course, some people are sticking around (or the McCaskey's feel so strongly / needed this type of assurance that they could move him with the logic being they had to know 100% that they could dump Cutler because that would lessen the blow of the costs they'd have to eat to get rid of current clowns + significantly better management / coaches).

No idea validity of this but literally 4 people at work came by in last 5 minutes asking me if it was true, haha, so apparently this has been pretty widely reported. Probably a lot of junk but I presume nothing is to prevent teams from discussing hypothetical trades even though deadline hasn't been reached so I could see a scenario where that is the case. I just question why we would allow our current management team to make any sort of deal, unless of course, some people are sticking around (or the McCaskey's feel so strongly / needed this type of assurance that they could move him with the logic being they had to know 100% that they could dump Cutler because that would lessen the blow of the costs they'd have to eat to get rid of current clowns + significantly better management / coaches).

That info is from Eric from the Eric and Kathy show on 101.9. I don't think he has anything to do with sports. His show is the morning drive.

HEy maybe he knows somebody, but prolly not.

Who knows. Either way, I could see legitimate reasons for why the Bears would be having significant conversations with teams in need of a QB. I also think the Titans are a very likely potential landing spot.

Guys have said they could be benching him because of this reason. This would be another mistake by the front office. Not trading but making a trade before firing the staff and letting the new staff decide what to do with Cutler.

I do not want anyone from this staff making any more decisions. Let the next group do this.

Mike and Mike were just recently talking about prospective teams that Cutler could end up IF he were to be traded. They came up with about 10 possible teams. Tennessee apparently is a highly touted contestant because of his ties to Vanderbilt and that he is still relatively kept in high regard in the Nashville area.

I agree that the current management/coaches should have nothing to say about where Cutler goes. Could really mess up things in negotiations for a new coaching staff.

If Tenn offers their 1st Rd pick for Cutler I'm taking the deal. I do agree we should let things settle before making a decision on a trade and if these coaches are gone then let the next HC decide. There is still plenty of time to get all that done before the draft or during the draft. And where is that draft going to be held? Chicago! What perfect timing for the league and the ratings on that show.

If we get a new HC not only should he be involved in the decision to trade Cutler but you also want him involved in the decision in case there are other players involved. We don't know what schemes a new HC wants to run and what players would fit.

For now what I care about most is that this is generating some interest. The more rumors the better as far as I'm concerned because if we trade we need max value. I'd be a lot more concerned if there weren't any rumors.

If they get a 2nd or even a 3rd for him I'd be shocked

To add fuel to the fire, just heard on the Score that that scenario is very possible but with a twist, just heard that part of the trade we would have to give a high draft pick ( a second) to a team taking Cutlers salary to offset the cost. So (this is my injection into the statements made) Lets say to Tenn we give a second and Cutler for a 4th rounder to make the deal work. Adam Schefter reported one football executive stated that for teams to take on Cutlers salary we have to give a high draft pick to boot.

IF that is the case screw trading Cutler, why not just cut him , live with our mistake and get a football czar in here to clean up this trainwreck which is the Bears.

To add fuel to the fire, just heard on the Score that that scenario is very possible but with a twist, just heard that part of the trade we would have to give a high draft pick ( a second) to a team taking Cutlers salary to offset the cost. So (this is my injection into the statements made) Lets say to Tenn we give a second and Cutler for a 4th rounder to make the deal work. Adam Schefter reported one football executive stated that for teams to take on Cutlers salary we have to give a high draft pick to boot.

all at a time that we need high draft picks in the worst way. LOL!!

if they do that they are beyond stupid.

mikey needs to write another book... HOW TO FAIL AND STILL MAKE MILLIONS

IF that is the case screw trading Cutler, why not just cut him , live with our mistake and get a football czar in here to clean up this trainwreck which is the Bears.

I agree. If they cut him before March 15 I believe we will not owe him know money past this next year. We would only have to eat 16 million this next year. We are going to suck anyway this next season, so I say eat the salary and sign a QB on the cheap.

Again, However, I want the new front office and coaching staff to make this decision, not the current staff.

Peace

I agree. If they cut him before March 15 I believe we will not owe him know money past this next year. We would only have to eat 16 million this next year. We are going to suck anyway this next season, so I say eat the salary and sign a QB on the cheap.

Again, However, I want the new front office and coaching staff to make this decision, not the current staff.

Peace

New staff needs to make this decision.

I was all for signing Cutler but the way this contract is set up is a total mess. With his performance last year he did not deserve a contract like this. Maybe the numbers were ok, but they should have been incentive based.

I said this when the contract was signed, Trestman and Emery see every min of practice and game film, they know when Jay made a mistake and when it was not his fault. If they are signing him to this contract they know he will be good.

From this season its been said, Cutler looks amazing in practice but its not showing on sundays. I guess Emery and Trestman didn't see this coming.

Either way TED PHILLIPS SIGNED OFF ON THE DEAL

Yeah, no way the Bears would be dumb enough to throw in a 2nd or 3rd round pick just to get rid of Cutler in a trade. If they wanted him gone bad enough they could just cut him. I think giving up a pick to get rid of a player is unprecedented in the NFL. Don't believe it's ever happened.

Yeah, no way the Bears would be dumb enough to throw in a 2nd or 3rd round pick just to get rid of Cutler in a trade. If they wanted him gone bad enough they could just cut him. I think giving up a pick to get rid of a player is unprecedented in the NFL. Don't believe it's ever happened.

The Bears can eat money if they want to trade him. The Bears can convert his salary into bonus money and just give him like 6.5 million dollars right now. That would take his cap number for the first year for the new team to only be 9 million. If the Bears are willing to eat a little more money, it make the trade more friendly for potential suitors.

Adam Schefter reported that too. I'll add that there is no way in hell that is ever going to happen.