How the HELL is Mel Tucker still employed?

jason

No. But he should have been first. He should have been tarred, feathered, and chased out by south-siders wielding pitchforks.

There are reports teams are still trying to talk to Harbaugh.

It's possible they are keeping Tucker for the Rooney Rule interview, just in case Harbaugh says yes. they can get a quick interview in with Tucker and hire Harbaugh on the spot.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/549612432877187072

Ian RapoportVerified account

‏@RapSheet

I am hearing the same as @Alex_Flanagan on Jim Harbaugh: NFL teams are calling him as we speak.

It's possible they are keeping Tucker for the Rooney Rule interview, just in case Harbaugh says yes. they can get a quick interview in with Tucker and hire Harbaugh on the spot.

There is no way in hell they are keeping Tucker around to interview for a HC job. He has been fired, along with all other coaches. George just fired the GM and HC, it should be implied that the coaches are done too.

There is no way in hell they are keeping Tucker around to interview for a HC job. He has been fired, along with all other coaches. George just fired the GM and HC, it should be implied that the coaches are done too.

It's just weird they announced Kromer too. It's obvious he won't be here next year. Just throwing out a possibility. I know Michigan has Harbaugh wrapped up, Larry Foote reported he picked up Harbaugh at the airport. If the reports of him listening to calls are true instead, this could be Michigan's Dave McGinnis.

Harbaugh ain't coming to Chicago.

I've said the same thing Jason in another thread. He'd have been my first announcement. But I assume the Bears are simply going to say that all assistants under Trestman have also been notified of their termination. That's the professional way of doing it and it'll avoid them having to call someone out specifically. With that said, we all know that his performance was THE weakest link on the staff.

To the bestof my recollection, don't asst coaches usually hang on when a HC is fired? Thus leaving it up to the upcoming HC to clean house to his desire. I think Kromer was let go due to the leak...

Dude should be run out of the NFL. He should have been fired before Emery, Trestman, or anyone else.

Dude should be run out of the NFL. He should have been fired before Emery, Trestman, or anyone else.

They handled everyone but Kromer like every NFL team does assistants and there are many reasons for this, one of which is to save money. Only Kromer was and that was because he was a buffoon in how he handled things. Tucker, while the results were not good, they actually improved and played with some heart. Terrible yes, but Tucker was about the only primary coach who handled himself with class.

Tucker, like pretty much everyone else on the coaching staff won't be around, but the Bears were at least smart enough to appreciate Tucker's professionalism and handled the removal of their assistants professionally, which is what a good organization should do.

To the bestof my recollection, don't asst coaches usually hang on when a HC is fired? Thus leaving it up to the upcoming HC to clean house to his desire. I think Kromer was let go due to the leak...

They keep assistants on and tell them they are free to look for employment elsewhere. If they are hired elsewhere, the Bears are off the hook for the salary. This is status quo in the NFL.

Peace :dabears

We have assistant coaches I like. Hoke, who I liked back when he was with Lovie. I think Reggie Herring has done a good job coaching LBs with improvement from Bostic and especially Jones. Even SMC, while not making enough plays improved during the season. Pasqualoni kept our Dline competent with two rookies, a guy off the street in Dunn filling in for Ratliff, Paea's best season by far, improvement in Washington, and Willie Young had his best season ever too. I'm not going to lose sleep if those guys leave but I think it's a decision the next HC should make.