preliminary - sounds like the same ole same ole

Lucky Luciano

george inferring to choosing candidates with "We" meaning ted phillips.

talking about hiring consultants to find the GM with no time frame involved.

oh well, so it goes

I hate seeing Ted Phillips up there but from what it sounds like the GM will have final say on roster, Ted doesnt have say on it.

If Ted has no say on football operations then Im cool with it.

I hate seeing Ted Phillips up there but from what it sounds like the GM will have final say on roster, Ted doesnt have say on it.

If Ted has no say on football operations then Im cool with it.

the PROBLEM with all of this is exactly the same as it was when we hired jerry angeol and phil emery. the president of this franchise knows NOTHING about football yet is working with failed owners to choose part 3 of the GM merry-go-round.

so WHO is going to decide if the new GM is failing? hire another committee?

it's the same B.S. until they prove that they can get this DONE right which is still going to be years down the road. i don't feel like it's much of anything different. hope i am wrong.

the PROBLEM with all of this is exactly the same as it was when we hired jerry angeol and phil emery. the president of this franchise knows NOTHING about football yet is working with failed owners to choose part 3 of the GM merry-go-round.

it's the same B.S. until they prove that they can get this DONE right which is still going to be years down the road. i don't feel like it's much of anything different. hope i am wrong.

I agree with you on Ted, I really dont want him on the Bears staff in any manner but for some reason the McCaskeys will not part with him. I dont understand it.

The decision on the next GM will be made by both George and Ted.......... This is so freakin stupid

Bringing in Accorsi adds legitimacy to the GM/HC search...

By getting him, it's obvious Ted & George aren't equipped to make the call.

In the past, they hired more corporate consulting firms to help with the search. Now they are hiring an extremely respected past GM, who had tons of success and has successfully hired new head coaches and knows exactly what it takes to be a succesful GM. This is totally different.

I agree with you on Ted, I really dont want him on the Bears staff in any manner but for some reason the McCaskeys will not part with him. I dont understand it.

The decision on the next GM will be made by both George and Ted.......... This is so freakin stupid

Not really...they will have final say and clearly be involved, but they have an expert to help them with the process and provide a lot of insight, etc. Owner is always going to have a say but this time they also have a voice in the room who has successfully done this in the past in Ernie.

I think we're all in that same boat.

However, given what we know...we pretty much got one fo the best possible outcomes.

1. Tresty is gone

2. Kromer is gone

3. Tucker is likely gone

4. Emery is gone

5. They are bringing in a legit football mind to assist in their search for HC/GM

6. Ted might be religated ot just finance.

7. McCaskeys seem pissed and embarassed

Honestly, what more could we ask for? You never know what will happen, even if hires look good on paper. But, at least this time, they look to be doing it like a legit professional franchise.

For that, I am happy.

I said I'd be back all in if a legit football mind made the hires. Having Accorsi in the mix satisfies that for me. I'm all in.

Let's see who they hire now...

Step one is a success. Hopefully, it will be the first in a long line of many successes and few fails...

I'm going to reserve judgment for now. Bernstein said the management structure is open to change depending on who is hired as GM.

Peace :dabears

Exactly

In the past, they hired more corporate consulting firms to help with the search. Now they are hiring an extremely respected past GM, who had tons of success and has successfully hired new head coaches and knows exactly what it takes to be a succesful GM. This is totally different.

no it is not totally different.

while i agree that accorsi 'sounds' like a very good person to sift through the talent, the bottom line is still the same as it was 3 years ago and 13 years ago. the person deciding to hire WHO accorsi puts on the list is the same one who hired angelo and emery.

now you say that it's different because they will stay out of the football side of the equation involving coaches and player personnel and leave it to the GM. ok, that means they don't consider themselves capable of doing so don't you agree? YET... they consider themselves capable of choosing or HIRING the guy that makes these decisions???? that defies logic unless the list provided by accorsi consists of one person!!

(if they had ANY input who to hire as a HC with emery, that means they PASSED on ariens to get trestman who must have been on a list of candidates. and why did ariens tell them to take a hike? because phillips, george or emery wanted to force marinelli on him. so it's obvious they couldn't choose the correct person to hire for the right reasons from a LIST of candidates. so, what makes you think choosing a GM from a list would be different?).

my HOPE: if connorbear is correct (and i hope he is) that a president of football operations to oversee the entire franchise including GM may be made in the near future. if not then what really is the difference from the past?

there are very, very important reasons why we need one for this franchise.

If we cannot trust them to select a GM from the list of possible candidates provided by Accorsi why would they be any more qualified to select a head of football operations to replace Phillips to oversee the selection of the GM from a list provided?

Either way, they will need to make a final decision, be it about a "czar" to oversee operations to select a GM or to select a GM themselves.

Just being a devil's advocate, no offense meant.

Bottom line, they both know they do not know enough to make the decision on their own, most of team ownerships do not have the knowledge to do so, so a "football guy" is consulted for advice.

I think we're all in that same boat.

However, given what we know...we pretty much got one fo the best possible outcomes.

1. Tresty is gone

2. Kromer is gone

3. Tucker is likely gone

4. Emery is gone

5. They are bringing in a legit football mind to assist in their search for HC/GM

6. Ted might be religated ot just finance.

7. McCaskeys seem pissed and embarassed

Honestly, what more could we ask for? You never know what will happen, even if hires look good on paper. But, at least this time, they look to be doing it like a legit professional franchise.

For that, I am happy.

I said I'd be back all in if a legit football mind made the hires. Having Accorsi in the mix satisfies that for me. I'm all in.

Let's see who they hire now...

Step one is a success. Hopefully, it will be the first in a long line of many successes and few fails...

Tucker is gone, they just didn't even want to acknowledge his existence, and DeCamilis is also gone. Those two alone were additions by subtraction. With Accorsi on board to at least find a competent GM, we are already better off heading into the off season. We also go into 2015 in a better cap situation than this year with the 10th biggest cap space available (and potential for more if we do some cutting/trading). If we somehow trade Cutler with no cap hit, we would move to the 2nd biggest available cap (only less than OAK). Either way, we are in a pretty good position cap-wise as well. Then you add the #7 and #39 picks, with the draft in Chicago, and we are really setting ourselves up for an exciting off season.

no it is not totally different.

while i agree that accorsi 'sounds' like a very good person to sift through the talent, the bottom line is still the same as it was 3 years ago and 13 years ago. the person deciding to hire WHO accorsi puts on the list is the same one who hired angelo and emery.

now you say that it's different because they will stay out of the football side of the equation involving coaches and player personnel and leave it to the GM. ok, that means they don't consider themselves capable of doing so don't you agree? YET... they consider themselves capable of choosing or HIRING the guy that makes these decisions???? that defies logic unless the list provided by accorsi consists of one person!!

(if they had ANY input who to hire as a HC with emery, that means they PASSED on ariens to get trestman who must have been on a list of candidates. and why did ariens tell them to take a hike? because phillips, george or emery wanted to force marinelli on him. so it's obvious they couldn't choose the correct person to hire for the right reasons from a LIST of candidates. so, what makes you think choosing a GM from a list would be different?).

my HOPE: if connorbear is correct (and i hope he is) that a president of football operations to oversee the entire franchise including GM may be made in the near future. if not then what really is the difference from the past?

there are very, very important reasons why we need one for this franchise.

It is totally different, they made the decision before and screwed it up, Ted is in the room but will absolutely have no say. George was just being nice. Virginia is "pissed off", guantite at 91 she doesnt want this jacked up again. Sure George is going to say he has final say, he didnt bring in Ernie for looks. He will be told who to hire then he will decide that is the right choice. Nothing like this has been done before, the franchise has been embarrassed the the last two years and shit hit the fan, no matter what it cost them. Its totally different , the back network has been pissed since the Green Bay game. They may not hire the right people but it wont be cause the PR firm got it wrong, George has accepted the responsibility going forward. It might look the same but not even close.

It is totally different, they made the decision before and screwed it up, Ted is in the room but will absolutely have no say. George was just being nice. Virginia is "pissed off", guantite at 91 she doesnt want this jacked up again. Sure George is going to say he has final say, he didnt bring in Ernie for looks. He will be told who to hire then he will decide that is the right choice. Nothing like this has been done before, the franchise has been embarrassed the the last two years and shit hit the fan, no matter what it cost them. Its totally different , the back network has been pissed since the Green Bay game. They may not hire the right people but it wont be cause the PR firm got it wrong, George has accepted the responsibility going forward. It might look the same but not even close.

In theory Accorsi gives them several top notch candidates to choose from so even if they pick the worst choice he's still very good.

I think CDog said it best...as long as they choose anyone form Accorsi's list, we'll stand a chance for success.

If we cannot trust them to select a GM from the list of possible candidates provided by Accorsi why would they be any more qualified to select a head of football operations to replace Phillips to oversee the selection of the GM from a list provided?

Either way, they will need to make a final decision, be it about a "czar" to oversee operations to select a GM or to select a GM themselves.

Bottom line, they both know they do not know enough to make the decision on their own, most of team ownerships do not have the knowledge to do so, so a "football guy" is consulted for advice.

i understand what you are saying.- they have to make a decision on who to hire even if it is a team president and in a sense, i agree. on the surface it seems like a catch 22. but...

in these respects time is extremely crucial. your franchise should be ready to make a move before the season ends and certainly no later than after the last game is played. that way you get a shot at the best people to bring into the fold. the bears in this instance should have hired a president of football operations weeks ago. at the very least this accosi should have had the list of candidates for this franchise to look over and make their choices on before the last game was over. we are wasting weeks of critical time by not having done this.

this is why we need someone in this position. this franchise/corporation has been poorly run for decades. if the owners were actually successful in any form of football related business or even in the corporate business world i may have 'some' faith in their decisions at least initially. but they have not. in the last 50-60 years they have made catastrophic decisions on the football side of this business and especially over the last 35 in regards to the mccaskey family.

by hiring a president of football operations your candidates certainly would be on the surface qualified football people. someone like polian, holmgren or even accosi. even if some of those candidates i mentioned didn't want the long term job make them an offer they can't refuse. give them a hefty salary for 1 year to get this ship on an even keel by forming a cognizant football model for the mccaskey family to run it by and hire a long term president in the future on this persons recommendations. as it is they are bailing a sinking ship with a teaspoon.

HIRING A PRESIDENT: he the tip of the spear so to speak. this is the one man responsible for the long term success or failure of your football team on the field. he also is the simplistic person that the mccaskey's fire if it all fails and hire someone else more capable.

he is the buffer between managment and operations. it is also his job to evaluate the league and the trends they are moving in to be successful. he macro manages your franchise. he also is the person who hires, evaluates and fires a GM and works with this GM to create an environment focused on winning superbowls.

his duties SHOULD include a list of talent to run this team at the highest level from all over the league including the college ranks. this includes a list to replace a GM, scouts, head coach and all of the assistants BEFORE it is needed.

in other words the minute he hires a GM (or coaches) he should be scouring the NFL for his/their replacement and have a list of the best candidates to update this position should the need arise through poor performance by his GM or others.

the president is someone able to see when someone is failing at their job before it gets to the point that the team is not reaching it's objective or potential and plug in the best replacement immediately from this list if it is needed.

this is what we now lack from the current management structure. by the time they see the problem the whole world has already figured it out months or years before and we have wasted time and money going nowhere.

it took the current management 10 years to realize angelo was BAD. it took them 5 years to discover lovie smith was BAD after a superbowl appearance. it took a media firestorm to realize emery and trestman were not the men for the job in chicago. it SHOULD have taken them less than a season to discover mel tucker was BAD plus in my opinion they should have seriously questioned the hire in the first place.

these are just some of the reasons we need this buffer between the football side and the business side of the franchise.

i understand what you are saying.- they have to make a decision on who to hire even if it is a team president and in a sense, i agree. on the surface it seems like a catch 22. but...

in these respects time is extremely crucial. your franchise should be ready to make a move before the season ends and certainly no later than after the last game is played. that way you get a shot at the best people to bring into the fold. the bears in this instance should have hired a president of football operations weeks ago. at the very least this accosi should have had the list of candidates for this franchise to look over and make their choices on before the last game was over. we are wasting weeks of critical time by not having done this.

this is why we need someone in this position. this franchise/corporation has been poorly run for decades. if the owners were actually successful in any form of football related business or even in the corporate business world i may have 'some' faith in their decisions at least initially. but they have not. in the last 50-60 years they have made catastrophic decisions on the football side of this business and especially over the last 35 in regards to the mccaskey family.

by hiring a president of football operations your candidates certainly would be on the surface qualified football people. someone like polian, holmgren or even accosi. even if some of those candidates i mentioned didn't want the long term job make them an offer they can't refuse. give them a hefty salary for 1 year to get this ship on an even keel by forming a cognizant football model for the mccaskey family to run it by and hire a long term president in the future on this persons recommendations. as it is they are bailing a sinking ship with a teaspoon.

HIRING A PRESIDENT: he the tip of the spear so to speak. this is the one man responsible for the long term success or failure of your football team on the field. he also is the simplistic person that the mccaskey's fire if it all fails and hire someone else more capable.

he is the buffer between managment and operations. it is also his job to evaluate the league and the trends they are moving in to be successful. he macro manages your franchise. he also is the person who hires, evaluates and fires a GM and works with this GM to create an environment focused on winning superbowls.

his duties SHOULD include a list of talent to run this team at the highest level from all over the league including the college ranks. this includes a list to replace a GM, scouts, head coach and all of the assistants BEFORE it is needed.

in other words the minute he hires a GM (or coaches) he should be scouring the NFL for his/their replacement and have a list of the best candidates to update this position should the need arise through poor performance by his GM or others.

the president is someone able to see when someone is failing at their job before it gets to the point that the team is not reaching it's objective or potential and plug in the best replacement immediately from this list if it is needed.

this is what we now lack from the current management structure. by the time they see the problem the whole world has already figured it out months or years before and we have wasted time and money going nowhere.

it took the current management 10 years to realize angelo was BAD. it took them 5 years to discover lovie smith was BAD after a superbowl appearance. it took a media firestorm to realize emery and trestman were not the men for the job in chicago. it SHOULD have taken them less than a season to discover mel tucker was BAD plus in my opinion they should have seriously questioned the hire in the first place.

these are just some of the reasons we need this buffer between the football side and the business side of the franchise.

Ok...it took the Bears management 10 years to figure out Angelo was bad? Angelo, the same guy who built a franchise that looked to be loaded for a multiple super bowl run (and it might have darn well happened had Harris not been injured). Yes, Angelo struggled his last few years and he failed miserably at reacting quicker to our oline but early on in his tenure he did an exceptional job. Was he responsible for everyone the Bears had on that Super Bowl run, no, but he made a heck of a lot of good moves.

Ok...it took the Bears management 10 years to figure out Angelo was bad? Angelo, the same guy who built a franchise that looked to be loaded for a multiple super bowl run (and it might have darn well happened had Harris not been injured). Yes, Angelo struggled his last few years and he failed miserably at reacting quicker to our oline but early on in his tenure he did an exceptional job. Was he responsible for everyone the Bears had on that Super Bowl run, no, but he made a heck of a lot of good moves.

Do we really have to go over the tons of examples (check box, etc.) that have been given on this board over and over again that display Angelo's failures?

Bad drafts, and we discussed it quite a bit. Here's one example.

We discussed some of Angelo's mistakes here.

Here is one guy's take.

If JA hadn't inherited Urlacher, I doubt the team he "built" would have had the same success.

really?

who gave dick jauron an extension? who allowed lovie smith to stay 3 years past when he should have been fired?

who gave john shoop an extension as OC? who hired terry shea as OC? who hired ron turner after a failed system at UI as our OC? who hired mike martz as OC? who hired mike tice as OC? where are all of these offensive minded genius's NOW?

who fired ron rivera and replace our DC with freaking BABICH? who demoted babich and allowed LOVIE to fail at doing what he is supposed to be stellar at??

free agents? qb's - kordel stewart, henry burris, quinn, chris chandler, chad hutchinson, griese, tod collins, jay cutler (if you hate him) for 2 first round draft picks (drafted qb's lefevour, crenzel, grossman, enderle, orton (good pick)

who left us with 2 (and that's including paea if you consider him a good starter which i don't) drafted quality starting players under the age of 30 when he left on this roster?

drafting well is THE most important job a GM can do!!

here is jerry angelo's body of work.

============= EDITED===========

this was a list i compiled a few years ago and some of the figures were not updated. it now should be updated and correct. if anyone finds any faults please let me know and i will adjust them.

Jerry Angelo Draft Picks 2002 - 2011

1st RD TOTAL PICKS - 8

6 offensive players

2 defensive players - 2006 traded out of 1st round and got d. manning

2 picks in 2003

0 picks in 2006, 2009, 2010

Quality Starters - Tommie Harris

2011 29 29 Gabe Carimi OT Wisconsin

2010 NO PICK Cutler Trade

2009 NO PICK Cutler Trade

2008 14 14 Chris Williams OT Vanderbilt

2007 31 31 Greg Olsen TE Miami (FL)

2006 NO PICK

2005 4 4 Cedric Benson RB Texas

2004 14 14 Tommie Harris DT Oklahoma

2003 14 14 Michael Haynes DE Penn State

2003 22 22 Rex Grossman QB Florida

2002 29 29 Marc Colombo OT Boston College

2nd RD TOTAL PICKS - 8

2 offensive players

6 defensive players

2 picks in 2006

Quality Starters - Charles Tillman

2011 21 53 Stephen Paea DT Oregon St. Pick From Colts via Skins

2010 NO PICK Traded to Bucs for Adam Gaines

2009 NO PICK Traded with Seahawks the #17 position in the 2nd round

2008 13 44 Matt Forte RB Tulane

2007 30 62 Dan Bazuin DE Central Michigan

2006 10 42 Danieal Manning S Abilene Christian

2006 25 57 Devin Hester CB Miami (FL)

2005 7 39 Mark Bradley WR Oklahoma

2004 15 47 Tank Johnson DT Washington

2003 3 35 Charles Tillman CB Louisiana-Lafayette

2002 31 63 NO PICK - Traded to Dallas

3rd RD TOTAL PICKS - 13

5 offensive players

8 defensive players

2 picks in 2008 and 2007

Quality Starters - Lance Briggs (Bernard Barrian)

2011 29 93 Chris Conte S California

2010 11 75 Major Wright S Florida

2009 4 65 Jarron Gilbert DE San Jose St. - From Seahawks for 2nd round trade out

2009 20 84 NO PICK Cutler Trade to Broncos

2009 35 99 Juaquin Iglesias WR Oklahoma - Compensatory Pick

2008 7 70 Earl Bennett WR Vanderbilt

2008 27 90 Marcus Harrison DT Arkansas

2007 30 93 Garrett Wolfe RB Northern Illinois

2007 31 94 Michael Okwo LB Stanford

2006 9 73 Dusty Dvoracek DT Oklahoma

2004 15 78 Bernard Berrian WR Fresno State

2003 4 68 Lance Briggs LB Arizona

2002 7 72 Roosevelt Williams CB Tuskegee - Trade From Dallas

2002 28 93 Terrence Metcalf OG Mississippi

4th RD TOTAL PICKS - 12

2 offensive players

10 defensive players

2 picks in 2004 and 2003

Quality Starters - Nathan Vasher, Alex Brown

2011 30 127 NO PICK TRADED TO WASHINGTON

2010 11 109 Corey Wootton DE Northwestern

2009 5 105 Henry Melton DE Texas - From Seahawks for 2nd round trade out

2009 19 119 D.J. Moore CB Vanderbilt

2008 21 120 Craig Steltz S LSU

2007 31 130 Josh Beekman OG Boston College

2006 23 120 Jamar Williams LB Arizona State

2005 5 106 Kyle Orton QB Purdue

2004 14 110 Nathan Vasher CB Texas

2004 16 112 Leon Joe LB Maryland

2003 3 100 Todd Johnson S Florida

2003 19 116 Ian Scott DT Florida

2002 6 104 Alex Brown DE Florida - From trade with Dallas

5th RD TOTAL PICKS - 17

7 offensive picks

10 defensive picks

2 picks in 2009, 2008, 2007, 2004

3 picks in 2003

Quality Starters - Mark Anderson

2011 29 160 Nathan Enderle QB Idaho

2010 10 141 Josh Moore CB Kansas St.

2009 4 140 Johnny Knox WR Ablilene Christian - From Seahawks for 2nd round trade out

2009 18 154 Marc Freeman LB Ohio State

2008 7 142 Zack Bowman CB Nebraska

2008 23 158 Kellen Davis TE Michigan State

2007 30 167 Kevin Payne S Louisiana-Monroe

2007 31 168 Corey Graham CB New Hampshire

2006 27 159 Mark Anderson DE Alabama

2005 4 140 Airese Currie WR Clemson

2004 15 147 Claude Harriott DE Pittsburgh

2004 16 148 Craig Krenzel QB Ohio State

2003 4 139 Bobby Wade WR Arizona

2003 8 143 Justin Gage WR Missouri

2003 36 171 Tron Lafavor DT Florida

2002 5 140 Bobby Gray S Louisiana Tech - From trade with Dallas

2002 30 165 Bryan Knight LB Pittsburgh

6th RD TOTAL PICKS - 11

7 offensive picks

4 defensive picks

2 picks in 2006 and 2003

3 picks in 2002

0 picks in 2007 and 2008

Quality Starters - none

2011 30 195 J. T. Thomas LB W. Virginia

2010 11 181 Dan LeFevour QB Central Michigan

2009 17 190 Al Afalava S Oregon St.

2008 NO PICK

2007 NO PICK

2006 26 195 J.D. Runnels FB Oklahoma

2006 31 200 Tyler Reed OG Penn State

2005 7 181 Chris Harris S Louisiana-Monroe

2003 18 191 Joe Odom LB Purdue

2003 33 206 Brock Forsey RB Boise State

2002 27 199 Adrian Peterson RB Georgia Southern - From trade with Miami

2002 31 203 Jamin Elliott WR Delaware

2002 38 210 Bryan Fletcher TE UCLA

7th RD TOTAL PICKS - 12

7 offensive picks

5 defensive picks

2 picks in 2007

5 picks in 2008

0 picks in 2011, 2006 and 2002

Quality Starters - none

2011 NO PICK

2010 11 218 J'marcus Webb OT West Texas A&M

2009 20 229 NO PICK - Traded to Bucs

2009 37 246 Lance Louis OG San Diego State - Compensatory Pick

2008 1 208 Ervin Baldwin DE Michigan State

2008 15 222 Chester Adams OG Georgia

2008 36 243 Joey LaRocque LB Oregon State

2008 40 247 Kirk Barton OT Ohio State

2008 41 248 Marcus Monk WR Arkansas

2007 11 221 Trumaine McBride CB Mississippi

2007 31 241 Aaron Brant OT Iowa State

2005 6 220 Rodriques Wilson LB South Carolina

2004 14 215 Alfonso Marshall CB Miami (FL)

2003 47 261 Bryan Anderson OG Pittsburgh

2002 NO PICK - Traded to Miami

TOTAL PICKS OFFENSE - 36

TOTAL PICKS DEFENSE - 45

1st DAY PICKS Rds 1 - 3

Offense - 13

Defense - 16

2nd DAY PICKS Rd's 4 - 5

Offense - 9

Defense - 20

2nd DAY PICKS Rd's 6 - 7

Offense - 14

Defense - 9

5 QB's - rds 1, 4, 5 and 6

12 OL - 6 OT's - 3 rd 1, 3 rd 7;

6 OG - 1 rd 3, 1 rd 4, 1 rd 6, 3 rd 7

5 RB's - 1 rd 1, 1 rd 2, 1 rd 3, 2 rd 6

1 FB - rd 6

10 WR's - 1 rd 2, 3 rd 3, 4 rd 5, 1 rd 6, 1 rd 7

3 TE's - 1 rd 1, 1 rd 5, 1 rd 6

9 DE's - 1 rd 1, 1 rd 2, 1 rd 3, 3 rd 4, 2 rd 5, 1 rd 7

7 DT's - 1 rd 1, 2 rd 2, 2 rd 3, 1 rd 4, 1 rd 5

10 LB's - 2 rd 3, 2 rd 4, 2 rd 6, 2 rd 6, 2 rd 7

19 DB's -

9 S's - 1 rd 2, 2 rd 3. 2 rd 4, 2 rd 5, 2 rd 6

10 CB's - 2 rd 2, 1 rd 3, 2 rd 4, 3 rd 5, 2 rd 7

Do we really have to go over the tons of examples (check box, etc.) that have been given on this board over and over again that display Angelo's failures?

Bad drafts, and we discussed it quite a bit. Here's one example.

We discussed some of Angelo's mistakes here.

Here is one guy's take.

If JA hadn't inherited Urlacher, I doubt the team he "built" would have had the same success.

His drafts were decent until after the Super Bowl year, Lovie got his big contract and the won the power struggle and started throwing his two cent in the draft and it went to hell.

Angelo doesn't deserve that throrough of a response!

Kudos for the info nonetheless!

really?

who gave dick jauron and extension? who allowed lovie smith to stay 3 years past when he should have been fired?

who gave john shoop an extension as OC? who hired terry shea as OC? who hired ron turner after a failed system at UI as our OC? who hired mike martz as OC? who hired mike tice as OC? where are all of these offensive minded genius's NOW?

who fired ron rivera and replace our DC with freaking BABICH? who demoted babich and allowed LOVIE to fail at doing what he is supposed to be stellar at??

free agents? qb's - kordel stewart, henry burris, quinn, chris chandler, chad hutchinson, griese, tod collins, jay cutler (if you hate him) for 2 first round draft picks (drafted qb's crenzel, grossman, orton (good pick)

who left us with 2 (and that's including paea if you consider him a good starter which i don't) drafted quality starting players under the age of 30 when he left on this roster?

drafting well is THE most important job a GM can do!!

here is jerry angelo's body of work.

Jerry Angelo Draft Picks 2002 - 2011

1st RD TOTAL PICKS - 8

6 offensive players

2 defensive players - 2006 traded out of 1st round and got d. manning

2 picks in 2003

0 picks in 2006, 2009, 2010

Quality Starters - Tommie Harris

1 2011 29 29 Gabe Carimi T Wisconsin

2010 NO PICK Cutler Trade

2009 NO PICK Cutler Trade

2008 14 14 Chris Williams T Vanderbilt

2007 31 31 Greg Olsen TE Miami (FL)

2006 NO PICK

2005 4 4 Cedric Benson RB Texas

2004 14 14 Tommie Harris DT Oklahoma

2003 14 14 Michael Haynes DE Penn State

2003 22 22 Rex Grossman QB Florida

2002 29 29 Marc Colombo T Boston College

2nd RD TOTAL PICKS - 7

2 offensive players

5 defensive players

2 picks in 2006

Quality Starters - Charles Tillman

2 2011

2010 NO PICK Traded to Bucs for Adam Gaines

2009 NO PICK Traded with Seahawks the #17 position in the 2nd round

2008 13 44 Matt Forte RB Tulane

2007 30 62 Dan Bazuin DE Central Michigan

2006 10 42 Danieal Manning S Abilene Christian

2006 25 57 Devin Hester CB Miami (FL)

2005 7 39 Mark Bradley WR Oklahoma

2004 15 47 Tank Johnson DT Washington

2003 3 35 Charles Tillman CB Louisiana-Lafayette

3rd RD TOTAL PICKS - 9

4 offensive players

5 defensive players

2 picks in 2008 and 2007

Quality Starters - Lance Briggs (Bernard Barrian)

3 2011

2009 4 65 Jarron Gilbert DE San Jose St. - From Seahawks for 2nd round trade out

2009 20 84 NO PICK Cutler Trade to Broncos

2009 35 99 Juaquin Iglesias WR Oklahoma - Compensatory Pick

2008 7 70 Earl Bennett WR Vanderbilt

2008 27 90 Marcus Harrison DT Arkansas

2007 30 93 Garrett Wolfe RB Northern Illinois

2007 31 94 Michael Okwo LB Stanford

2006 9 73 Dusty Dvoracek DT Oklahoma

2004 15 78 Bernard Berrian WR Fresno State

2003 4 68 Lance Briggs LB Arizona

2002 7 72 Roosevelt Williams CB Tuskegee

2002 28 93 Terrence Metcalf G Mississippi

4th RD TOTAL PICKS - 9

2 offensive players

7 defensive players

2 picks in 2004 and 2003

Quality Starters - Nathan Vasher, Alex Brown

4 2011

2009 5 105 Henry Melton DE Texas - From Seahawks for 2nd round trade out

2009 19 119 D.J. Moore CB Vanderbilt

2008 21 120 Craig Steltz S LSU

2007 31 130 Josh Beekman G Boston College

2006 23 120 Jamar Williams LB Arizona State

2005 5 106 Kyle Orton QB Purdue

2004 14 110 Nathan Vasher CB Texas

2004 16 112 Leon Joe LB Maryland

2003 3 100 Todd Johnson S Florida

2003 19 116 Ian Scott DT Florida

2002 6 104 Alex Brown DE Florida

5th RD TOTAL PICKS - 12

5 offensive picks

7 defensive picks

2 picks in 2008, 2007, 2004

3 picks in 2003

Quality Starters - Mark Anderson

5 2011

2009 4 140 Johnny Knox WR Ablilene Christian - From Seahawks for 2nd round trade out

2009 18 154 Marc Freeman LB Ohio State

2008 7 142 Zack Bowman CB Nebraska

2008 23 158 Kellen Davis TE Michigan State

2007 30 167 Kevin Payne S Louisiana-Monroe

2007 31 168 Corey Graham CB New Hampshire

2006 27 159 Mark Anderson DE Alabama

2005 4 140 Airese Currie WR Clemson

2004 15 147 Claude Harriott DE Pittsburgh

2004 16 148 Craig Krenzel QB Ohio State

2003 4 139 Bobby Wade WR Arizona

2003 8 143 Justin Gage WR Missouri

2003 36 171 Tron Lafavor DT Florida

2002 5 140 Bobby Gray S Louisiana Tech

6th RD TOTAL PICKS - 8

6 offensive picks

2 defensive picks

2 picks in 2006 and 2003

3 picks in 2002

0 picks in 2007 and 2008

Quality Starters - none

6 2011

2009 17 190 Al Afalava FS Oregon St.

2008 NO PICK

2007 NO PICK

2006 26 195 J.D. Runnels FB Oklahoma

2006 31 200 Tyler Reed G Penn State

2005 7 181 Chris Harris S Louisiana-Monroe

2003 18 191 Joe Odom LB Purdue

2003 33 206 Brock Forsey RB Boise State

2002 27 199 Adrian Peterson RB Georgia Southern

2002 31 203 Jamin Elliott WR Delaware

2002 38 210 Bryan Fletcher TE UCLA

7th RD TOTAL PICKS - 10

5 offensive picks

5 defensive picks

2 picks in 2007

5 picks in 2008

0 picks in 2006 and 2002

Quality Starters - none

7 2011

2009 20 229 NO PICK - Traded to Bucs

2009 37 246 Lance Louis OG San Diego State - Compensatory Pick

2008 1 208 Ervin Baldwin DE Michigan State

2008 15 222 Chester Adams G Georgia

2008 36 243 Joey LaRocque LB Oregon State

2008 40 247 Kirk Barton T Ohio State

2008 41 248 Marcus Monk WR Arkansas

2007 11 221 Trumaine McBride CB Mississippi

2007 31 241 Aaron Brant T Iowa State

2005 6 220 Rodriques Wilson LB South Carolina

2004 14 215 Alfonso Marshall CB Miami (FL)

2003 47 261 Bryan Anderson G Pittsburgh

TOTAL PICKS OFFENSE - 30

TOTAL PICKS DEFENSE - 32

1st DAY PICKS Rds 1 - 3

Offense - 12

Defense - 11

2nd DAY PICKS Rd's 4 - 5

Offense - 7

Defense - 14

2nd DAY PICKS Rd's 6 - 7

Offense - 11

Defense - 7