No structural changes!

CrackerDog

Bringing in a consultant to give Teddy advice isn't what I expected to hear. Accorsi might be a solid advisor but the same team of morons who picked Emery and Trestman are still the final deciders on this set of hires.

THAT DOESN'T INSPIRE MUCH CONFIDENCE.

I'd say this was all complete bullshit but I still love this team and hope for the best. But I'm not a fan of Phillips and think he needed to fall on his sword in some fashion. If he's honestly still involved in the football decisions of this team, we'll be having this same discussion again in a few years.

God save us....

Bringing in a consultant to give Teddy advice isn't what I expected to hear. Accorsi might be a solid advisor but the same team of morons who picked Emery and Trestman are still the final deciders on this set of hires.

THAT DOESN'T INSPIRE MUCH CONFIDENCE.

I'd say this was all complete bullshit but I still love this team and hope for the best. But I'm not a fan of Phillips and think he needed to fall on his sword in some fashion. If he's honestly still involved in the football decisions of this team, we'll be having this same discussion again in a few years.

God save us....

I really want to know what Ted did to become untouchable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the same ole Bears schtick is a little old. By and large I liked everything I heard, other than not definitively hiring a football czar. All that said, I really like who we brought in to help with the process (bears GM) and if I were a GM candidate, I'd love everything I heard from Phillips and McCaskey...which is basically, this is a very attractive job with a storied history and we are not looking to be involved in the football decisions.

That is exactly what any top GM candidate wants. The other thing you have to show that GM candidate is that ownership will dedicate the financial resources and over the past 5 years they have definitely demonstrated that so that shouldn't be difficult. Unlike years past where they hired consulting firms, we brought in a guy who was extremely successful at running football teams and hiring coaches to help with the search. That alone is a huge step forward, not to mention the change we made in the first place to clean house.

While not perfect, today really is a major step in the right direction. Even Hub Arkush, Bear hater, while having some concerns, was overly positive about the press conference and especially who they have hired as the consultant. He also thought Ted Phillips handled questions around player personnel brilliantly.