Who hires the coach?

'TD'

Did anyone pick up on something I missed? I didn't hear a definitive answer on that process.

From the presser, I took away this.

-They wouldn't rule out hiring a Coach first

-When asked who would hire the GM and Coach, George and Teddy committed to final say on the GM but no mention of the coach

-Multiple times, they commented on Accorsi being hired through the process of finding a GM and a coach

-The specifically mentioned that half a dozen representatives for coaches had contacted them, and they add to the list once it's sorted out

I don't know if the Bears are going to relegate to a GM the ability to hire the new coach.

Did anyone pick up on something I missed? I didn't hear a definitive answer on that process.

-When asked who would hire the GM and Coach, George and Teddy committed to final say on the GM but no mention of the coach

-Multiple times, they commented on Accorsi being hired through the process of finding a GM and a coach

-The specifically mentioned that half a dozen representatives for coaches had contacted them, and they add to the list once it's sorted out

I don't know if the Bears are going to relegate to a GM the ability to hire the new coach.

Accorsi did tell the Bears it is ok to hire a HC first if they find one they don't want to lose out on.

Lets say Harbaugh called them. He wants his guy as the GM, actually I heard a name I cant remember now he is aligned with. So they hire Harbaugh and his guy tags along.

I'm wondering if they are holding onto the right to hire the coach, and possibly chasing off some GM candidates.

That is possible. How quickly can they identify 3-5 candidates and make a decision? I also wonder if they are open to the Phillips position being open if someone like Ozzie Newsome can be swayed into a GM/President position?

I really hated the "We can hire HC first" comment as I noted in another thread. That isn't how it should be.

They are also under a lot of pressure to get this done quickly. Cutler's guaranteed money increases in March so they need to hire a GM and then he needs to be involved in the HC hire. Then they need to decide on Cutler's fate. This shouldn't be a problem as I recall they hired Trestman in January after letting Lovie go. But adding in the need to hire GM and the fact that many of the likely candidates are still involved in the playoffs and I could see this taking a lot longer this time.

The right way would be to hire a GM first, then let him hire a coaching staff.

If the HC answers to the GM then that GM better be the guy to hire him.

How can you hold the GM accountable if he didn't hire the HC.

They stated how the process will work, but when someone asked the question, they through out an answer. It will be the GM first and then let him hire the coach and then let the coach hire his assistants.