Safety Prospect - Holliman #8

Guest TerraTor

I agree but out current S have no positives... haha

I kinda like this class of Safeties, but all after round 1. If we took Collins rd1, I wouldn't hate it because we are thin at the posistion.

My Ranking (I prefer FS)

Collins SS

Holliman FS

Eskridge FS

Derron Smith FS

Anthony Harris SS/FS

Jaquiski Tartt SS

Kurtis Drumond FS

Cody Prewitt FS

I kinda like this class of Safeties, but all after round 1. If we took Collins rd1, I wouldn't hate it because we are thin at the posistion.

My Ranking (I prefer FS)

Collins SS

Holliman FS

Eskridge FS

Derron Smith FS

Anthony Harris SS/FS

Jaquiski Tartt SS

Kurtis Drumond FS

Cody Prewitt FS

I view Vereen as the successor at FS. Gotta see what we have in him. Collins is perfect for the Bears at that spot. He will line up for the Bears for years. Too bad they didnt go FS last year when ther were players available...the Bears could have had two Alabama players side by side in HHCD and Collins.

I view Vereen as the successor at FS. Gotta see what we have in him. Collins is perfect for the Bears at that spot. He will line up for the Bears for years. Too bad they didnt go FS last year when ther were players available...the Bears could have had two Alabama players side by side in HHCD and Collins.

Vereen deserves a chance, but I don't think he will be anything special. I would have him compete with a 2-3rd round pick.

There are many ways to go about the draft, I can see it going

1-SS-Collins

2-LB Thompson, Kendricks, McKinney, or Perryman (one has to be there)

3-FS Durrell Eskridge, Anthony Harris, Derron Smith

Vereen might wind up being Nickle?

The middle of the D has been soft since Urlachers glory days, this would be a big help.

Hiring a competent defensive coordinator is gonna help the d a lot IMO. There have been reports, or perhaps they were just speculative rumors that often times the lbs and safeties weren't on the same page and that is certainly believable when watching games. Get a quality DC in here and I think a lot of the problems in the middle of the d go away.

With that said I agree that Vereen could be that guy at FS. I know this statement goes out the window with Emery gone but the bears did trade up to get him so perhaps they should give him a year to show who he really is. Athletically he's already there it's just all about getting him in the right position to succeed.

I also honestly think Bostic can be the answer at MLB too but 1 more LB is certainly a must. Bostic, Jones, and new guy in some combo should be fairly good.

Hiring a competent defensive coordinator is gonna help the d a lot IMO. There have been reports, or perhaps they were just speculative rumors that often times the lbs and safeties weren't on the same page and that is certainly believable when watching games. Get a quality DC in here and I think a lot of the problems in the middle of the d go away.

With that said I agree that Vereen could be that guy at FS. I know this statement goes out the window with Emery gone but the bears did trade up to get him so perhaps they should give him a year to show who he really is. Athletically he's already there it's just all about getting him in the right position to succeed.

I also honestly think Bostic can be the answer at MLB too but 1 more LB is certainly a must. Bostic, Jones, and new guy in some combo should be fairly good.

I don't think Bostic fits MLB. He can play there but he doesn't have the leadership or instincts to standout there.