Gaze and Bowles HC interviews permission requests

adam

Wouldn't Quinn kinda fit in that same "stacked team" convo too though? Certainly not saying I'm against his hire, I just wanted to point that out.

Agreed, plus with his coaching title, it sounds like his job is similar to what Kromer's was under Trestman. I honestly know little of the Seahawks, just an observation.

Agreed, plus with his coaching title, it sounds like his job is similar to what Kromer's was under Trestman. I honestly know little of the Seahawks, just an observation.

The Seahawks have talent, but alot are later rounds picks and cheaper FAs. Give that to their GM. They are great because of the home field 12th man and their defensive scheme (coaching), Wilson was a Bevell project that has a perfect scheme to enhance his talents. It's about coaching fellas, having a good combination of GM down to position coaches. I like the defense better than their offense, thats why I want Quinn.

The Seahawks have talent, but alot are later rounds picks and cheaper FAs. Give that to their GM. They are great because of the home field 12th man and their defensive scheme (coaching), Wilson was a Bevell project that has a perfect scheme to enhance his talents. It's about coaching fellas, having a good combination of GM down to position coaches. I like the defense better than their offense, thats why I want Quinn.

Quinns specialty is the DL right? Well their DL is as follows

Michael Bennett- Made 7M this year and had success before Seattle

Cliff Avril- Also making 7M a year and had success before Seattle

Kevin Williams- A former multiple time pro bowler

Brandom Mebane- A 3rd rounder

Jordan Hill- Another 3rd rounder

I wouldn't say his DL is filled with a lot of late round draft picks and cheap free agents at all.

Again, I'm not saying I'm against his hire, just pointing out that you don't want Gase because he has a ton a talent, well so does Quinn.

Very smart to at least get on the list of both these candidates. We all know the GM needs to be in place first but reaching out early and letting them know we are interested is smart IMO. In years past we'd have sat back and waited until after we hired a GM before making any contact like this.

Quinns specialty is the DL right? Well their DL is as follows Michael Bennett- Made 7M this year and had success before Seattle Cliff Avril- Also making 7M a year and had success before Seattle Kevin Williams- A former multiple time pro bowler Brandom Mebane- A 3rd rounder Jordan Hill- Another 3rd rounder I wouldn't say his DL is filled with a lot of late round draft picks and cheap free agents at all. Again, I'm not saying I'm against his hire, just pointing out that you don't want Gase because he has a ton a talent, well so does Quinn.

tidbits:

I was more thinking of Sherman, Chancellor, and Maxwell being 5th/6th RD picks. Browner was an UDFA. KJ Wright a 4th, but Bobby Wagner a 2nd. We know Earl Thomas and Bruce Irvin were 1st's. Being a Bear fan, when has 3rd RD picks ever amount to anything, LoL. Basically, the 2013 Superbowl year, Michael Bennett was on a 1year trial contract and Avril was signed on a 2 year deal. Kevin Williams joined in 2014 and Michael Bennett, and Cliff Avril have re-signed/extended their contracts in 2014, after the Superbowl win.

*Seattle didn't start winning until Russell Wilson (3rd RD) came in 2012. That might be the key to their success.

Defensively, they were ranked high in 2012 with Gus Bradley as DC (Quinn was in Florida) #1 Pts, 4th in yrds, and 5th in TO's. Bradley was then hired by Jacksonville for HC in the 2013 season and Seattle brought back Quinn. In 2013 their D ranked 1 in TOs, Yds, and Pts allowed, followed by 2014 4th in TO's, 1st yds, and 1st tds allowed.

Jacksonville under Gus Bradley have not improved much defensively and still hover the 25-29th area, but their DC is our very own Bob Babich, hence Bradley was a Monte Kiffin guy.

Gase very well may be a good OC future HC. Having Manning who is the smartest/hardest working QB I've seen does help.

After watching at least the last 2 years of Seattle, I have said as early as last year that I want our D to play like theirs. That D style is new, fun to watch, and proven to dominate.