Interview Schedule

adam

I'd have to echo what a few here have already said and ask why they are doing this without a GM selected? Shouldnt that he something they have some say in? Not sure many true GM candidates are going to want the job with a coach pre-loaded. Sends them the wrong message.

I am just guessing, but here goes:

From the past it seems most teams do initial interviews and then schedule the 2nd round of interviews for those they feel are the finalists.

It is also known that many of the top candidates will be in high demand by other teams and if we do not act fast, even with a simple initial interview, we will lose out on the opportunity to get "that guy".

So is it possible we are just sort of "breaking the ice" with top candidates they do not want to miss out on and then after we get a GM in place have the new GM bring in the ones we have interviewed that he feels are his "A List" to make the final decision?

I am just throwing that out there.

I would hope the new GM would get the opportunity to make the final say on the new HC.

Angelo & Emery were both handcuffed to start off their tenure in Chicago, I do not want the same to happen to the next GM.

From the past it seems most teams do initial interviews and then schedule the 2nd round of interviews for those they feel are the finalists.

It is also known that many of the top candidates will be in high demand by other teams and if we do not act fast, even with a simple initial interview, we will lose out on the opportunity to get "that guy".

So is it possible we are just sort of "breaking the ice" with top candidates they do not want to miss out on and then after we get a GM in place have the new GM bring in the ones we have interviewed that he feels are his "A List" to make the final decision?

I would hope the new GM would get the opportunity to make the final say on the new HC.

Angelo & Emery were both handcuffed to start off their tenure in Chicago, I do not want the same to happen to the next GM.

Exactly what I was thinking. I was starting to get worried about seeing all of these HC interviews and no GM interviews.

Now that we are seeing the info on the GM's I have settled down.

Yeah that's kinda what I thought. And didn't want to repeat past mistakes. Or give the impression that the potential GM might be discouraged because of it.

I'd have to echo what a few here have already said and ask why they are doing this without a GM selected? Shouldnt that he something they have some say in? Not sure many true GM candidates are going to want the job with a coach pre-loaded. Sends them the wrong message.

If we don't meet with these guys now, than we pretty much have no shot with them. If we meet with them now and they make it to the superbowl, we can than meet with them again during the bye week (with our hired GM there). If not, you have to wait until after the superbowl. It really makes total sense.

The fact they aren't scheduling people like Rex Ryan, I think it's exactly this. They are just putting their name in for coaches they can't hire yet anyways, that a potential GM would want to interview anyways.

I think we will interview Ryan before making a decision, but agree with you, that it won't be until we have a GM. We are focusing on the guys who you kind of have to line up to first.

I think we will interview Ryan before making a decision, but agree with you, that it won't be until we have a GM. We are focusing on the guys who you kind of have to line up to first.

I generally think Ryan is being considered, by the league not just the Bears, as a DC going forward. And in that role, I think he'd be solid for us.

But if that's the case you've got to find someone willing to deal with him for HC.

I generally think Ryan is being considered, by the league not just the Bears, as a DC going forward. And in that role, I think he'd be solid for us.

But if that's the case you've got to find someone willing to deal him for HC.

He'd be more than solid. He'd be phenomenal. I think Rex can be a good HC, he just needs to get a Gary Kubiak or someone of that ilk as his OC to come with him. Bottom line he needs to be able to hire the right guy who he can trust and have a front office who will help ensure that coordinator / assistant HC gets paid.

I was kinda disappointed to not see Jack Del Rio brought on the list considering they scheduled and interviewed Gase. He has been on the top of my list since early.

I'd also like to see Toub, Ryan, McDaniels and Marinelli are a few of the others I'd like seen brought in eventually.