I want Rex Ryan

NAMEDSONPAYTON2

Absolutely Polian would be first choice, but he has to be willing. It seems that he has turned down all offers and is content where he is at. Holmgren has been out of football since 2012 and didn't really do anything that spectacular other than when he was a HC. He was actually relieved of his GM duties in Seattle 3 years before they got to the SB. He also didn't do that well in Cleveland.

As bad as it got under Angelo, we did go to a Super Bowl (and should've won). We just needed to cut sling a few years earlier than we did.

These are all different guys, you actually have no idea how they will perform until they are actually in the position. All you can do is look at their character traits and past performance as indicators. From what I have read about Ballard, he is more qualified than Emery was at the time of his hiring.

my point is this:

this franchise is clearly unable to make good decisions on their own or EVEN from a list of candidates submitted by 'supposedly' competent people doing the looking as demonstrated in the hiring of jerry angelo, emery and the hiring of trestman (and in my opinion lovie smith).

missing out on good candidates for the HC position at that time and the incredibly poor decision making by the GM's they hired that they signed off on is paramount. we missed out, just in the emery tenure, of hiring good coaches twice. once by forcing him to keep lovie for one more year to defray lovie's contract and next by the hiring of trestman.

in my opinion i would make an experienced person an offer they couldn't refuse. polian i would offer big bucks to be our president of football operations at the very least for 1 year to get someone in there that has the potential to change how this franchise operates at it's base level. if he absolutely refuses a big payday then i go after holmgren in a big way.

even if holmgren has not had great success he is better than any unknown at this time. we know what his strengths and weaknesses are and it's an educated assumption that HE has learned from his mistakes. we can NOT afford to roll the dice again on someone with no experience even IF this ballard turns out to be a finks of the future!! stability and steady direction are key right now to bring credibility to what we are trying to accomplish.

Absolutely Polian would be first choice, but he has to be willing. It seems that he has turned down all offers and is content where he is at. Holmgren has been out of football since 2012 and didn't really do anything that spectacular other than when he was a HC. He was actually relieved of his GM duties in Seattle 3 years before they got to the SB. He also didn't do that well in Cleveland.

As bad as it got under Angelo, we did go to a Super Bowl (and should've won). We just needed to cut sling a few years earlier than we did.

These are all different guys, you actually have no idea how they will perform until they are actually in the position. All you can do is look at their character traits and past performance as indicators. From what I have read about Ballard, he is more qualified than Emery was at the time of his hiring.

Your right, but its an unknown factor, we can get someone that has a track record and then decide how good he might be, we need to make less of a gamble, instead of an up and coming type, lets get someone who has done it before.