Mock Draft for TD

jason

Just for fun I thought of it from TD's point of view (seriously, without jest): The Bears absolutely have to get rid of Cutler. Conservatively, I think the Bears can get a 4th for him. Maybe a 3rd. Let's say TN wants him.

1 - Shane Ray, DE, Missouri --or-- Randy Gregory, DE, Nebraska - Whoever they like best and fits the scheme to be run.

2 - Derron Smith, FS, Fresno St. - Best FS in the draft. Great instincts. Good angles. Awesome hands. Predicts passes and jumps routes.

3 - Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor - He's pretty much the antithesis of Cutler at QB.

4 - Deshazor Everett, CB, TX A&M - He already has a history of crushing Green Bay players.

4 - Jake Fisher, OT, Oregon - Seems like a good spot to get at least some help for whoever takes the beating at QB in 2015.

5 - Kwon Alexander, OLB, LSU - Young, athletic, a bit of an injury history, gets tackles in big games

6 - Trey Depriest, ILB, Alabama - Nothing incredible, just one of those guys who is always around the ball, getting the job done

That's a defensive overhaul with tons of talent. And to be quite honest, I was thinking DE instead of Fisher in the 4th.

Just for fun I thought of it from TD's point of view (seriously, without jest): The Bears absolutely have to get rid of Cutler. Conservatively, I think the Bears can get a 4th for him. Maybe a 3rd. Let's say TN wants him.

1 - Shane Ray, DE, Missouri --or-- Randy Gregory, DE, Nebraska - Whoever they like best and fits the scheme to be run.

2 - Derron Smith, FS, Fresno St. - Best FS in the draft. Great instincts. Good angles. Awesome hands. Predicts passes and jumps routes.

3 - Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor - He's pretty much the antithesis of Cutler at QB.

4 - Deshazor Everett, CB, TX A&M - He already has a history of crushing Green Bay players.

4 - Jake Fisher, OT, Oregon - Seems like a good spot to get at least some help for whoever takes the beating at QB in 2015.

5 - Kwon Alexander, OLB, LSU - Young, athletic, a bit of an injury history, gets tackles in big games

6 - Trey Depriest, ILB, Alabama - Nothing incredible, just one of those guys who is always around the ball, getting the job done

That's a defensive overhaul with tons of talent. And to be quite honest, I was thinking DE instead of Fisher in the 4th.

I'm honestly ignorant when it comes to college. I just don't watch it enough to know much on the players. Most of my opinions on it will come based of what I read leading up to the draft, highlights I watch and so on.

You hit on most all of the the team needs, but I just can't comment on the players in the slots.

Absolutely no to Bryce Petty. If we go mid-round QB I prefer Sean Mannion. Before that I'd prefer to drop back and take the risk on Winston. We probably would have to take Winston at #7 if we want him. At least the talent is there and maturity may show up down the road. That debate is going to rage for the next 4 months.

Absolutely no to Bryce Petty. If we go mid-round QB I prefer Sean Mannion. Before that I'd prefer to drop back and take the risk on Winston. We probably would have to take Winston at #7 if we want him. At least the talent is there and maturity may show up down the road. That debate is going to rage for the next 4 months.

No way in hell Winston is there at 7.