DC Candidate: Leslie Frazier

DABEARSDABOMB

And I'm not one to suggest hiring former Bear players as coaches, but if the Bears were to go down the path of hiring an offensive minded head coach (or for that matter Toub), I would be very interested in bringing Frazier in as our DC. I figure it is a relatively realistic option as well (vs. say Rex Ryan, who clearly would be a dream but probably not happening). Anyone else have particular people in mind for the DC position?

And I'm not one to suggest hiring former Bear players as coaches, but if the Bears were to go down the path of hiring an offensive minded head coach (or for that matter Toub), I would be very interested in bringing Frazier in as our DC. I figure it is a relatively realistic option as well (vs. say Rex Ryan, who clearly would be a dream but probably not happening). Anyone else have particular people in mind for the DC position?

Is Mike Singletary available?

Where is Frazier now?

If Toub is hired he will need a good OC and DC. He is a career SP Teams coach.

Is Mike Singletary available?

Singletary was a free agent. Last job he had was working as an assistant with Frazier in Minnesota. Singletary should not be a DC. I have no problem in having him come in and work with our linebackers / be on our sidelines, but anything more than that is too much for the Samurai.

Singletary was a free agent. Last job he had was working as an assistant with Frazier in Minnesota. Singletary should not be a DC. I have no problem in having him come in and work with our linebackers / be on our sidelines, but anything more than that is too much for the Samurai.

Why? I guess I'm just not sure, didn't he have some success as a DC before getting a HC job? I'd agree he wasn't successful at HC but feel like he's got the fire I'd like to see in a DC.

Frazier's probably the better answer, though.

EDIT: Answered my own question. I guess he never did get a DC job, just linebackers. His fire is what I like best but if he hasn't been in charge of a full D I'm in agreement with you.

Wade Phillips would make a lot of sense if they decide they wanna go the 3-4 route. I believe Reggie Herring is still employed by the bears right? There's a connection right there to get him in.

I forgot about Phillips...he'd be a fantastic option if we opted the 3-4 route. Given that i want Suh, I prefer to stick with the 4-3 route. That said, given we have a lot of depth at DT (depending on what we do with Paea), it probably doens't make sense to spend the money on Suh. I just think he'd give us a much needed edge on the defensive side of the football. I also think that overall he's a good dude. A little too nasty on the field, sure, but off the field guy is quality.

Wade Phillips would make a lot of sense if they decide they wanna go the 3-4 route. I believe Reggie Herring is still employed by the bears right? There's a connection right there to get him in.

The Bears deep history at having great MLB's makes it hard for me to support going to a 3-4. But if the talent they put together warrants it, I'll live.