Dan Quinn - Most Impressive Candidate

DABEARSDABOMB

Didn't know where else to put this, so just created a new thread. Given that we spent the time to interview him, he's clearly someone on the radar. Tweet was from Peter King of SI. There was talk that Quinn was hoping to work with the Vikings Asst. Gm, who turned down all interviews and chose to stay in Minny.

As one person, a longtime NFL exec who has been in many coach interviews, told me: "Dan Quinn is the most impressive candidate I have seen."

Didn't know where else to put this, so just created a new thread. Given that we spent the time to interview him, he's clearly someone on the radar. Tweet was from Peter King of SI. There was talk that Quinn was hoping to work with the Vikings Asst. Gm, who turned down all interviews and chose to stay in Minny.

I do like Seattles D and teams are sure to try and copy that. Their D was good the year before Quinn took over too. I put their success in Wilson emerging at QB. The energetic HC, OC that picked and groomed Wilson, a innovative GM that found success in big late round DBs and Brady/Quinn running a #1 D 3 years in a row.

Does Quinn turn out like Gus Brady? Hard to evaluate Brady, I'd like to see how Jax plays 2 years from now. But I think Quinn can be a good candidate.

Dann Quinn would reportedly bring in Kyle Shanahan as OC if and when he gets a HC job, per Mary Kay Kabot on twitter.

I like Kyle. Seems like a very bright guy. That is a good combination on the offensive / defensive side of the ball. I think after the Bears meet with Bowles, we'll see them focus closer on Quinn and Toub. I hear Bowle's weakness is that he isn't all that vocal. While that isn't a requisite, I think after the Trestman experience, the Bears are going to want to make sure they have someone who is a vocal leader (Note: This doesn't mean yelling on the sidelines, etc).