Mock Draft for Cutler

jason

No matter who the Bears select in the draft, they will most likely have a bad defense next year. That is almost a lock. So, what if the team just said, "Screw it. Let's try to get the young guys more playing time, coach them up, let them develop, and see what we have? Pick up a few free agents to fill in holes. In the meantime, let's improve the best part of our team, the offense."

RD1 - Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford - Starts day 1. Mills rides the pine.

RD2 - Hroniss Grasu, C, Oregon - Starts at C, moves Garza over to G, or the bench.

RD3 - Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, Oklahoma - If he drops (lots of speculation), this is a monster steal. Great addition.

RD4 - Arie Kouandijo, OG, Alabama - Sits one year, starts the next. He's got the measurables.

RD6 -

, QB, Colorado St. - Gotta get a backup to compete.

RD7 - Project TE, someone raw with a basketball background.

It'll never happen, but it sure would be fun.

No matter who the Bears select in the draft, they will most likely have a bad defense next year. That is almost a lock. So, what if the team just said, "Screw it. Let's try to get the young guys more playing time, coach them up, let them develop, and see what we have? Pick up a few free agents to fill in holes. In the meantime, let's improve the best part of our team, the offense."

RD2 - Hroniss Grasu, C, Oregon - Starts at C, moves Garza over to G, or the bench.

RD3 - Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, Oklahoma - If he drops (lots of speculation), this is a monster steal. Great addition.

RD4 - Arie Kouandijo, OG, Alabama - Sits one year, starts the next. He's got the measurables.

RD6 -

I really have a hard time arguing picks 1, 3, and 4. That said, I don't want to ignore defense and would definitely use picks in the 2nd round. I'm also okay trading down, depending on who is there at 7. I don't anticipate a significant difference in the caliber of player we get at 7 and say 15. Just a matter of whether a need position is there for another team (that isn't us) where they have use for that 7 pick. I think with our holes, we need more picks.

I really have a hard time arguing picks 1, 3, and 4. That said, I don't want to ignore defense and would definitely use picks in the 2nd round. I'm also okay trading down, depending on who is there at 7. I don't anticipate a significant difference in the caliber of player we get at 7 and say 15. Just a matter of whether a need position is there for another team (that isn't us) where they have use for that 7 pick. I think with our holes, we need more picks.

ha! What's funny is, I think the 2nd rounder is the most realistic pick out of the group.

ha! What's funny is, I think the 2nd rounder is the most realistic pick out of the group.

You are probably right. I think we will take an olineman somewhere in the first three rounds. Otherwise, I expect the rest of the picks to be on the defensive side of the ball. I do think that tackle is our biggest need though and tackle is the toughest position to find outside of the first round and the bulk of the elite ones are taken early in the 1st, which is why I'd be able to justify going OT @ 7.

RD6 -

Dorial Green-Beckham= monster steal!!!!! If you are getting rid of BM then Im all for this. Shit even if they kept BM this guy is a beast.