Jennings Arrested

'TD'

He stunk too. I don't know what the cap impacts would be but I thought he was a huge part of those big plays and he tended to play like he didn't care. He had a good run with the Bears, but I am okay dumping him (unless it is a major cap hit). Again, Emery sure jacked up things last off-season. I again point to his inability to even evaluate current talent as being extremely flawed, imo. Part of that was probably due to pressures from Bears brass to stick with vets, etc. We need a clean start and I think Ballard will do that (he seems to have confidence that he'll get a job at some point and is ensuring whatever job he takes is going to allow him to do what HE thinks is best). I don't know if it will work but I like everything about him.

Where is our resident capologist to tell me the impacts of cutting him.

NFL Sources say ‪#‎Bears‬ CB Tim Jennings did not fail a breathalyzer test today in his DUI arrest. The test was not administered and according to sources Jennings was late for his child's student teacher conference at school and was speeding to get there on time.

The above is from Peggy Kosinski or something from CBS (or something like that). Interesting if it is the case.

The above is from Peggy Kosinski or something from CBS (or something like that). Interesting if it is the case.

He may not have been over the legal limit (.08 in most states) hence why not breath results. But my guess if he was in fact doing 99 in a 55 (or whatever it was) the reckless and speeding will stick. Especially if there was a smell of alcohol in the vehicle.

Either way, stupid choice on Tims part. Hopefully he'll come out and apologize. He seems to normally be an upstanding guy.

If he was charged for dui, they really should have made him take a breathalyzer. He may have got special treatment because he was an athlete, but it's also likely that drugs was suspected for the dui or he just refused it.

you cant force anyone to take a breathalyzer, even my cop buddies recommend to never blow even if you have only had a couple of drinks.

Who is the idiot reporting that he was arrested for a DUI? Sorry but the way reporters and some people treat pro athletes often pisses me off. Just jump the gun to get a story out so they can be first without any serious fact checking. Then everyone else piles on. Intentionally slandering people is also a criminal offense. That first headline is what people will remember a year down the road.

In the interest of full disclosure I've been pulled over for criminal speeding (by 1mph) and my wife wasn't happy as she sat next to me.

Who is the idiot reporting that he was arrested for a DUI? Sorry but the way reporters and some people treat pro athletes often pisses me off. Just jump the gun to get a story out so they can be first without any serious fact checking. Then everyone else piles on. Intentionally slandering people is also a criminal offense. That first headline is what people will remember a year down the road.

In the interest of full disclosure I've been pulled over for criminal speeding (by 1mph) and my wife wasn't happy as she sat next to me.

I actually got a ticket once for not stopping at a red light before a right turn when I actually stopped twice. I stopped about 6 feet short, then pulled up and did a rolling stop before turning and the cop said I never stopped. I tried to explain that I had stopped before the line then pulled up to see the traffic. He didn't care and said that he didn't see me. I actually had to restrain my wife from getting out of the car to yell at him.

you cant force anyone to take a breathalyzer, even my cop buddies recommend to never blow even if you have only had a couple of drinks.

They can't force you, but here in Ohio they basically make you. If you refuse to blow here, your suspension, jail time, and fines are doubled if you refuse. Also, they go back 20 years on your record, instead of 6 i think if you do blow on whether it will be your second or third.

They can't force you, but here in Ohio they basically make you. If you refuse to blow here, your suspension, jail time, and fines are doubled if you refuse. Also, they go back 20 years on your record, instead of 6 i think if you do blow on whether it will be your second or third.

They have similar rules here in Illinois. If you don't blow you automatically get your license suspended....

What happens is if you don't blow they have no evidence, your attorney gets you off and you don't have anything on your record and no suspension. That at least what has happened to a couple of friends.

Shit I know some that have blown and got off.

My girlfriend got a ticket in Orland a month or two back for not wearing her seatbelt when she had it on! Cops are under pressure, it seems, to generate revenue for their towns.

As to the Jennings thing, he was arrested for suspicion of DUI because he refused to blow. Every state treats this differently.

In most states there is an "implied consent" agreement you sign when you get your license.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Implied_consent