Look at the big brain on Arthur Blank

Chitownhustla

I'm not sure where you and Mort are going with this...the general consensus among falcons fans is they hate the move and think Dimitrioff should be canned.

What exactly do you and Mort mean by The Ravens way.

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/552962647256477698

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/552962149593915392

When things are not working, make a change. Arthur isn't afraid to shake shit up.

I'm guessing the Falcons structure will be similar to the Ravens.

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/552962647256477698

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/552962149593915392

When things are not working, make a change. Arthur isn't afraid to shake shit up.

I'm guessing the Falcons structure will be similar to the Ravens.

Why then did Blank keep a GM who has failed to rebuild a defense for the last 3 years? A GM who gave up a lot to draft to get Julio Jones. Granted he's working out but that was an all-in move designed to get them to the Superbowl and it failed in a big way. I'm happier the Bears are being more decisive and cleaning out both levels at the same time. Start fresh.

Why then did Blank keep a GM who has failed to rebuild a defense for the last 3 years? A GM who gave up a lot to draft to get Julio Jones. Granted he's working out but that was an all-in move designed to get them to the Superbowl and it failed in a big way. I'm happier the Bears are being more decisive and cleaning out both levels at the same time. Start fresh.

More about the structural change.

He had to fire Emery and Trest, it was so bad he couldnt do anything else.

More about the structural change.

He had to fire Emery and Trest, it was so bad he couldnt do anything else.

What the falcons have done would be the equivalent of firing Trestman and promoting Emery and than hiring a GM to work under Emery. Do you realize how pissed we would be had that happened?

Now I'm not comparing Dmitri to Emery, he's clearly better, but in the eyes of most Falcon fans, Dmitri should have been ousted. Instead they promoted him and allowed him to bring in a new guy. That really doesn't solve anything. I'll take what the Bears did over what Arthur Blanke is doing.

What the falcons have done would be the equivalent of firing Trestman and promoting Emery and than hiring a GM to work under Emery. Do you realize how pissed we would be had that happened?

Now I'm not comparing Dmitri to Emery, he's clearly better, but in the eyes of most Falcon fans, Dmitri should have been ousted. Instead they promoted him and allowed him to bring in a new guy. That really doesn't solve anything. I'll take what the Bears did over what Arthur Blanke is doing.

As for not firing Dimitri, I would assume the Falcons are putting the Blame on Mike smith not getting enough out of the talent they have.

Emery and Trestaman had to go, there was no keeping either of them. I am posting this to show a franchise making a structure change. Dimitroff and Pioli is a better team than Phillips and insert new GM name.

I have not heard one person give one reason why the Bears structure is the right way to do things. Every single person has said they need a FOOTBALL guy in Ted Phillips spot.

I want the Bears to form the strongest front office staff as possible. From listening to an interview with Greg Gabriel, the drafting and FA decisions are made with a group effort. Final say comes down to one guy but it very much is a group effort in deciding which guy to draft.

The stronger the front office staff the better the FA signings will be and better the drafts will be.

Here is a little more info

http://espn.go.com/blog/atlanta-falcons/po...dimitroff-pioli

As for not firing Dimitri, I would assume the Falcons are putting the Blame on Mike smith not getting enough out of the talent they have.

Emery and Trestaman had to go, there was no keeping either of them. I am posting this to show a franchise making a structure change. Dimitroff and Pioli is a better team than Phillips and insert new GM name.

I have not heard one person give one reason why the Bears structure is the right way to do things. Every single person has said they need a FOOTBALL guy in Ted Phillips spot.

I want the Bears to form the strongest front office staff as possible. From listening to an interview with Greg Gabriel, the drafting and FA decisions are made with a group effort. Final say comes down to one guy but it very much is a group effort in deciding which guy to draft.

The stronger the front office staff the better the FA signings will be and better the drafts will be.

Here is a little more info

http://espn.go.com/blog/atlanta-falcons/po...dimitroff-pioli

I have said that I don't care if Phillips stays or goes just keep him out of football decisions. He can manage the public relations, advertising, concessions, and other revenue streams while doing the accounting for the expenses of the contracts and so forth. Doesn't bother me one bit and I think a competent GM can handle all the football related decisions. I also think Ted has done a lot of good things on the revenue side that have benefited the team greatly since he came on board. There's a reason we aren't so cheap anymore with FA and our own players and it's not just the stadium deal. So I don't see that we must have a football guy as the President of the team. But you are close to being right because I think I'm the only one.

I have said that I don't care if Phillips stays or goes just keep him out of football decisions. He can manage the public relations, advertising, concessions, and other revenue streams while doing the accounting for the expenses of the contracts and so forth. Doesn't bother me one bit and I think a competent GM can handle all the football related decisions. I also think Ted has done a lot of good things on the revenue side that have benefited the team greatly since he came on board. There's a reason we aren't so cheap anymore with FA and our own players and it's not just the stadium deal. So I don't see that we must have a football guy as the President of the team. But you are close to being right because I think I'm the only one.

Ha! If Phillips was responsible for bringing on Cliff Stein, that alone is a reason to keep Phillips employed. Cliff is the best in the league.