Bowles interview moved to tomorrow

Connorbear

Dunno. Didn't Atlanta move their interview with Bowles because of the death of somebody from their franchise? Maybe I read that wrong..

On a semi-related note, some guy from another board has a source that said the Bears are interviewing Ballard and Pace again for the final interview tomorrow, and supposedly they are leaning towards Pace. He blew them away in the interview. Just something to pass along. Probably full of crap but he seems to be respected amongst other members, so we shall see.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/...rs-on-thursday/

Saw similar story on a differnt site that made it sound as though the Bears were in line to hire Bowles. But didn't add the reason why Atlanta was moving their interview date. This does. My money is Bowles goes to Atl.

Does this indicate though that the Bears may announce their GM today?

*Edit: whoops, Connor or another admin may want to merge this with your previous post. I just saw it.

I think this was likely more of a favor to the Falcons organization than anything else. Interesting regarding Pace. I am okay with him, although I still love everything I've heard from Ballard. No denying that the Saints have had a lot of talent. All that said, they've had Drew Brees. I like what Ballard and the Chiefs have been able to do without an elite QB.

Pace will be at the interview...wouldn't be shocked if Bowles is announced within a week, and if he's not, then it's probably gonna be Quinn.

Doug Marone was the OC for the Saints before Kromer, during the first first 3 years of Payton's tenure. Just an FYI. Give it half an hour and the Chicago media will pick up on this and rumors of Marone will start. Also, funny thing...supposedly Bears had Bowles waiting while they were finalizing deal with Pace so Bowles had no idea. Basically the Bears walked him into the interview and said, apologies about the wait, we just hired our new GM Ryan Pace (introduced him to Pace) and than let Pace lead the interview. Hope Pace was ready!

Doug Marone was the OC for the Saints before Kromer, during the first first 3 years of Payton's tenure. Just an FYI. Give it half an hour and the Chicago media will pick up on this and rumors of Marone will start. Also, funny thing...supposedly Bears had Bowles waiting while they were finalizing deal with Pace so Bowles had no idea. Basically the Bears walked him into the interview and said, apologies about the wait, we just hired our new GM Ryan Pace (introduced him to Pace) and than let Pace lead the interview. Hope Pace was ready!

Wow! Welcome aboard. Time to get to work!

Peace :dabears

Why Marrone ? He bolted like a lot of guys have from college(Syracuse) early in their pro coaching careers. Petrino, Saban and Spurrier. True he was on the Saints staff but what did he do at Buffalo that makes you think he is a good fit here?

Exactly. He's a cut and run type of guy just like Petrino. No thanks.

Why Marrone ? He bolted like a lot of guys have from college(Syracuse) early in their pro coaching careers. Petrino, Saban and Spurrier. True he was on the Saints staff but what did he do at Buffalo that makes you think he is a good fit here?

Well he did just finish Buffalo's first winning season in a decade. That's an achievement in itself. I'm not a huge fan of Marrone, though. I remember last summer it was reported that he and the Bills GM were yelling F Bombs at each other as training camp practice was going on. The Jets reportedly did not like what they heard from him in their interview, and he was suppose to be the front runner. Something isn't right about this guy.

He could be a good coach, but probably a guy that wears out his welcome pretty quickly.

Heard he bombed his interview with the Jets. Also hearing people coming out of the woodwork to throw him under the bus.

I'm not very intrigued by him. I don't like what he did with the Bills. To be honest, I have a sour taste in my mouth about the Saints in general (and people associated with them) from bountygate and everything else. Than Kromer comes in here and his issues, etc. I think it might be why I am still having a harder time getting on board with Pace.

I like Marrone simply because of how well the Bills did last year with not a ton of talent. The fact that the bills beat the Packers and the Lions is also a plus.

Why do we like other candidates? Success.

He's not at the top of my list though, but nevertheless I would be content with his hiring.

@BobWarja: I realize my credibility is in question since my source was wrong about Ballard, so take this with a grain of salt, but next Bears coach...

@BobWarja: ...will be Todd Bowles. No, not the same source.

Possibly? He does get the benefit of being snowed in in Chicago, no hurries to catch a flight out.