Message Board Rumor: Pace to be Hired As GM

DABEARSDABOMB

There are other rumblings that both candidates will be brought back for interviews today. I'm really amazed at how quiet the news has been from the interviews. Other than who we have brought in, the media hasn't been able to scoop anything.

And when there's lack of information people and media will speculate. There's always those that claim they know "someone close" or "someone inside" till it's announced we won't know for sure.

Ironically he turned down the jets as well....like I've said all along I really don't know how to judge any of f these guys, I only like Ballard because of the buzz. I'm fine with whoever they bring in just because I really don't have a clue.

Word on the street is no one really wants the Jets job. Why, partly because of questionmarks as to how much control they would have, but also because it has turned into a revolving door position where you don't get the time necessary to put your stamp on an organization and prove whether you are worth it. It is why I said that no matter what happens with our next hire, we are pretty much going to have to give them the extreme benefit of the doubt, let them hire a 2nd coach, give them a 4-5 year initial run, etc. If we don't, we will turn into the Raiders / Browns and now Jets where we will relatively consistently only be able to attract substandard talents / guys who have been bridesmaids so much that they are finally desperate enough to take any job with the GM title....and once you get into that slope, it is tough to get out off (and much more dependent on luck...even though all moves are to some extent dependent on some luck).

If your going to stick with them for 4 or 5 years, no matter what, then they need to get some more qualified candidates. I'm not trying to be negative, just realistic. I would have been all on board with Decosta or McGloughan.

The Saints have never been known for their talent and neither has the Bears. Ballard has basically only this year on his resume with KC plus 2012+13 with the Bears in a front office position. The year before, he left here in May after the draft and free agency so 2013 is mostly Bears stuff. Pace has had a decent amount of experience, which I like. I just don't think Saints and see outstanding players outside of Graham and Brees.

If your going to stick with them for 4 or 5 years, no matter what, then they need to get some more qualified candidates. I'm not trying to be negative, just realistic. I would have been all on board with Decosta or McGloughan.

The Saints have never been known for their talent and neither has the Bears. Ballard has basically only this year on his resume with KC plus 2012+13 with the Bears in a front office position. The year before, he left here in May after the draft and free agency so 2013 is mostly Bears stuff. Pace has had a decent amount of experience, which I like. I just don't think Saints and see outstanding players outside of Graham and Brees.

Who do you propose? DeCosta isn't interested and McGloughan has his own issues. Yes he had a great background (but did have other issues) but that doesn't necessarily make him the right fit for this job. His best role is as an adviser and in reality he took a higher end adviser role as Bruce Allen is still going to be significantly involved in calling the shots in Washington.

Who do you propose? DeCosta isn't interested and McGloughan has his own issues. Yes he had a great background (but did have other issues) but that doesn't necessarily make him the right fit for this job. His best role is as an adviser and in reality he took a higher end adviser role as Bruce Allen is still going to be significantly involved in calling the shots in Washington.

I propose looking at experienced people from well built teams.

I was just using them as an example due to having what I am looking for, and to show that I wouldn't just hate anyone.

With out researching teams, I would look at the Patriots, Ravens, Packers, 9ers, seahawks, and so on. Teams that have built through the draft, lose players every year, but still a playoff team almost every year. I'd even look at the Bengals front office, as they have been built pretty competitively recently.

I would want someone who has been involved more than a scout for a while. Pace would be an awesome candidate if the Saints ever had better than good players. Their defense is always bad to average, they have a lot of good running backs but not great and a revolving WR group.

I don't want to see ex Bears, Saints, or Titans personnel, as it just hasn't been done right on these teams.

Saw this on another board. This is from someone who "supposedly" has a close connection to someone within the Bears organization. Take it for what you will, but the individual indicates the Bears will announce they have hired Pace prior to interviewing Bowles.

that connection was right, it wasnt officially announced until 2 pm