Question about Garza and online

Chitownhustla

was Garza better at G or C?

The reason I ask, I thought its been mentioned that he was better at G. Why not Move Long to RT, have Mills as a back up and put Garza back at G. Then draft or sign a Center.

Wouldn't that make the Oline a whole lot better, that is if Garza would be capable at performing well at G. The Bears will get Slauson back.

RT- Long

RG- Garza

C- player to be named

LG- Slauson

LT- Bushrod

or swap Long and Bushrod........Maybe Im wrong but Long was drafted to one day be a T.

was Garza better at G or C?

The reason I ask, I thought its been mentioned that he was better at G. Why not Move Long to RT, have Mills as a back up and put Garza back at G. Then draft or sign a Center.

Wouldn't that make the Oline a whole lot better, that is if Garza would be capable at performing well at G. The Bears will get Slauson back.

RT- Long

RG- Garza

C- player to be named

LG- Slauson

LT- Bushrod

or swap Long and Bushrod........Maybe Im wrong but Long was drafted to one day be a T.

My ideal draft would be:

1-Stanley/Scherf LOT (Peat? )

2-Denzel Perryman/Eric Kendricks MLB

3-Hronis Grasu/Reece Dismukes C

4-best S

Garza started out as a G and moved to center full time when Kreutz left. Still have DLP on the roster So having him as C makes the most sense. He's still got a few good years.

Garza is all but done, DLP is a free agent. We have A below average Bushrod, Slauson coming off of surgery, Garza(all but done),Long, and we need a RT. Mills is not the answer, IF we resign DLP then:

Bushrod, Slauson, DLP, move Long to RT, so we are left with needing a RG and hope the starters stay healthy. That could be decent going forward.

Garza is all but done, DLP is a free agent. We have A below average Bushrod, Slauson coming off of surgery, Garza(all but done),Long, and we need a RT. Mills is not the answer, IF we resign DLP then:

Bushrod, Slauson, DLP, move Long to RT, so we are left with needing a RG and hope the starters stay healthy. That could be decent going forward.

I would love to see a guard and tackle drafted highly. I'm willing to scrap next year to build a dominant OL and DL. I don't believe we can fix the lack of talent this year alone.

I would love to see a guard and tackle drafted highly. I'm willing to scrap next year to build a dominant OL and DL. I don't believe we can fix the lack of talent this year alone.

Beg to differ on the lack of talent aspect. I think the current offense is loaded with talent; Bennett, Forte, AJ, BM and Wilson as are the defense. It's just the coachig lacked purpose and direction . Especially on the defense. You have to consider that half the defensive starters were rookies and second year players without a lot of leadership. I don't think the team is necessarily on the precipice of having to rebuild. Just a few players, tweaks and the right coaches could turn this around easily enough.

Beg to differ on the lack of talent aspect. I think the current offense is loaded with talent; Bennett, Forte, AJ, BM and Wilson as are the defense. It's just the coachig lacked purpose and direction . Especially on the defense. You have to consider that half the defensive starters were rookies and second year players without a lot of leadership. I don't think the team is necessarily on the precipice of having to rebuild. Just a few players, tweaks and the right coaches could turn this around easily enough.

Your quite the dreamer.Those players just produced our worst season of Bear football in ages. I agree the coaches sucked, but so did most of the players.

Depends on the line scheme, we all know Kromer emphasized guard play, and Longs athleticism to get out to the next level was huge from the guard position. Obviously Garza doesn't have that kind of athleticism so he wouldn't fit in the role that Long played.

Garza also lacks ACL's!!!

Your quite the dreamer.Those players just produced our worst season of Bear football in ages. I agree the coaches sucked, but so did most of the players.

I think it is pretty hard to get an honest assessment of a player's performance when he is in a bad scheme or has bad coaching. Regardless of how good the player is, the scheme can literally neuter a player's performance and hinder his growth. That is why some players explode on the scene when there is a change in coaching or when they go to a different team. The same can be said negatively, and I think we may have witnessed some of that here this year. Mel Tucker and the defensive scheme were historically bad. The players were never in sync and were always out of position. With real coaching, first, this wouldn't happen, and if it did, it would be corrected immediately. I almost think that is why Fuller actually regressed during the year. He came in early in the season without being tainted yet, so he played well just by running out there and acting on his previous experiences and instinct, then once he was "forced" into the scheme, he struggled. There was constant miscommunication, and the entire unit went down the drain. So even when they grade missed tackles, how many of them occurred because our guys were so far out of position that the tackle they were making was much more difficult to make than the one they would've had if they were in the right scheme or call?

I really feel like with a legit HC and DC, who can coach and put players in a position to make plays that we will at least be back to an average squad. Then if you add 2-3 more legit starters we can get back to being a reputable defense again. The D-Line has enough on it going into next year. The LB's with Jones and Bostic will get better, especially with a legit MLB. If we can add another Corner and starting Safety to go with Mundy, we won't have any major holes to fill.

On offense, if we can get a Center and possibly another Tackle, we will be pretty solid across the board. Regardless of the QB situation, I feel like we have the skill players to be a top 10 squad as long as the scheme is not from the mid-1980's.

Am I the only one who thinks Garza isn't half bad?

Windy city gridiron does sack watch every week, and the last 2 years they have credited him with 1.25 sacks. For reference sake they credited DLP with 3.5 this year.

I don't think he's any worse than most of the rest is the starting Centers. But have to wonder would it be bettet to move him to G then put DLP at center and draft a hybrid C/G? I'm more for the idea of trying to keep as much as you have in place and draft only out of necessity. Is that 'necessity' more on offense or defense?

I think it is pretty hard to get an honest assessment of a player's performance when he is in a bad scheme or has bad coaching. Regardless of how good the player is, the scheme can literally neuter a player's performance and hinder his growth. That is why some players explode on the scene when there is a change in coaching or when they go to a different team. The same can be said negatively, and I think we may have witnessed some of that here this year. Mel Tucker and the defensive scheme were historically bad. The players were never in sync and were always out of position. With real coaching, first, this wouldn't happen, and if it did, it would be corrected immediately. I almost think that is why Fuller actually regressed during the year. He came in early in the season without being tainted yet, so he played well just by running out there and acting on his previous experiences and instinct, then once he was "forced" into the scheme, he struggled. There was constant miscommunication, and the entire unit went down the drain. So even when they grade missed tackles, how many of them occurred because our guys were so far out of position that the tackle they were making was much more difficult to make than the one they would've had if they were in the right scheme or call?

I really feel like with a legit HC and DC, who can coach and put players in a position to make plays that we will at least be back to an average squad. Then if you add 2-3 more legit starters we can get back to being a reputable defense again. The D-Line has enough on it going into next year. The LB's with Jones and Bostic will get better, especially with a legit MLB. If we can add another Corner and starting Safety to go with Mundy, we won't have any major holes to fill.

On offense, if we can get a Center and possibly another Tackle, we will be pretty solid across the board. Regardless of the QB situation, I feel like we have the skill players to be a top 10 squad as long as the scheme is not from the mid-1980's.

Isnt it strange how a year ago we had such optimism, and after a bad year, things look like crap. I am forever an optimist but this year has took a toll on me relating to the Bears. I hope the new GM and coach can see more valve in most of the players that I do right now.

OL- we have one stud(long) one good player(Slauson), one below average but serviable (Bushrod). I think Garza is on the way down that will just look worse every year. I think if we sign DLP we will have a younger and more serviceable OC. Maybe Ola can fill the RG spot if we move Long to RT. I also think when Bushrods contract is done he will be our LT going forward. So we will at least need one more if not a couple of FAs or drafted players to add to our depth going forward.

WR- I think Jeffrey is a future star, BM is on his way out. I like watching him play, but I think in the locker room he is part of a chaotic environment. If we were a winning locker room with strong leadership we could keep him in line but dont think he will be around. Wilson may be a #3 or #4 but really hasnt showed much. After that we have nothing to look forward to, we need to add at least 2 WRs .

TE- Bennett is an above average player but we have nothing behind him, we need to at least add one more TE to the mix.

RB- Forte is one of the best 5 RBs in the league, but at 30 how much longer will he be good, this is the last year of his contract. I think Carey has some valve, but will have a lot to prove to the new HC, so we need to add one more spot here.

QB- Cutler is who he is, a 15-20 rated QB that is paid amongst the highest in the league. I think he will be here one more year only because, there will be no other options for us to consider. So we will draft a so so prospect but this is a year away from a prospect to even consider.

This is our offense and that's the strength of this team. We have a 2 to 3 year rebuild and thats if we have good drafts. I am the TT doom and gloom Bear fan until proven otherwise.

Stinger I am with you in regards to optimism coming into this season because on paper we shouldve been better. However since we underperformed, a turnaround is not as hard because just having the same players play up to their potential will lead to a better season. Then if you can add a couple of impact players with a great scheme, we are back in the playoffs. I have zero expectations coming into this season, I just want to see improvement across the entire organization and a shift in the culture. This will eventually translate to the field. So maybe 7-9 in 2015 playing a tough schedule then in the playoff hunt in 2016.

There is no way Pace touches this job if he didn't see potential to turn it around quickly. Also as bad as it was in 2014, there really is only one way to go from there.

I HATE the notion of rebuilding. I know it's a popular idea because of what the Cubs have done, but when has it ever consistently worked for an NFL team. I think of all the teams that seems to be in continuous rebuilding mode: Rams, Raiders, Browns, Bills . . . not to mention the Lions, who finally made the playoffs but were one and done. Meanwhile, the great franchises simply retool and reload.

If we scrap next year, there is no guarantee that things will get better.

I think of where the Cowboys were at a year ago at this time. There was talk they'd scrap their 100 million $$$ QB for Johnny Football. Everyone seemed to think they needed to rebuild. With good leadership, we can win next year.

I HATE the notion of rebuilding. I know it's a popular idea because of what the Cubs have done, but when has it ever consistently worked for an NFL team. I think of all the teams that seems to be in continuous rebuilding mode: Rams, Raiders, Browns, Bills . . . not to mention the Lions, who finally made the playoffs but were one and done. Meanwhile, the great franchises simply retool and reload.

If we scrap next year, there is no guarantee that things will get better.

I think of where the Cowboys were at a year ago at this time. There was talk they'd scrap their 100 million $$$ QB for Johnny Football. Everyone seemed to think they needed to rebuild. With good leadership, we can win next year.

Agree, I just don't think rebuild and NFL go hand in hand like you see in MLB. It's either you suck or don't. In the NFL, you have contracts that are tough to move and ramifications if you cut a player. The way out is numerous years of good drafting and good coaching.

If Pace can put together the good coaching, we have some talent to work with. Talent that we might not have known with under Tuckers D were numerous times LB n DB were not on the same page. On O, we couldn't get success in the first 15 plays that are scripted and practiced, which tells me there was something majorly wrong. We can argue QB or playcalling, but I don't remember very many runs in the first quarter.

Go out and get these coaches before we talk about we have to trade/cut this player or that, because it might take 3 years beore we see a return on those types of moves.

Agree, I just don't think rebuild and NFL go hand in hand like you see in MLB. It's either you suck or don't. In the NFL, you have contracts that are tough to move and ramifications if you cut a player. The way out is numerous years of good drafting and good coaching.

If Pace can put together the good coaching, we have some talent to work with. Talent that we might not have known with under Tuckers D were numerous times LB n DB were not on the same page. On O, we couldn't get success in the first 15 plays that are scripted and practiced, which tells me there was something majorly wrong. We can argue QB or playcalling, but I don't remember very many runs in the first quarter.

Go out and get these coaches before we talk about we have to trade/cut this player or that, because it might take 3 years beore we see a return on those types of moves.

Yep. I'm good with the new regime deciding to dump Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall. But if they do that, they'd better make damn certain that it's the right call and that we cannot win with them. Statistically, Jay Cutler is by far the best QB in Bears history. In two more season, Brandon Marshall should be the best WR the Bears have ever had.

In terms of the defense, we are in rebuilding mode and we can go in a number of different directions. Anyone coming in viewing the offense has to at least strongly consider that going with the talent we have may be the best course of action.