F GB

madlithuanian

NFL needs to clean up officiating. Isn't this the 2nd or 3rd game this offseason impacted potentially by a bad call?

Refs should be full time and paid well. Bad ones should be ousted. And they should utilize the same ref teams as used during the regular season barring health/etc. Enough already...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-instant-repl...-the-first-down

I'm not even sure the ball touched the ground, he had his hand under the tip, and the ball up on his arm. The pylon is kind of in the way to see if the ball hits the ground.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-instant-repl...-the-first-down

I'm not even sure the ball touched the ground, he had his hand under the tip, and the ball up on his arm. The pylon is kind of in the way to see if the ball hits the ground.

Edit: Either way, it's a bs rule. He had both feet and a fore arm and the other elbow on the ground.

He didnt keep control threw the catch. He clearly lost control of the ball. Was hoping they screwed it up but the refs got it right.

They got the call correct based on the rule, but the rule in general is garbage. Once they have two feet in, it should count as a catch. He clearly caught the ball, made 3 steps, and then lunged for the end zone. He should've just protected the ball from the ground instead. Also, with the defender making contact, isn't he technically down once something from the knee to elbow hits the ground? Also, I don't know how the the FJ who is literally 5 feet from the play (and in perfect position to make the correct call), called it a catch.

About GB, it is hard to see them winning in Seattle with Rodgers hobbled. Seattle's defense is ridiculous. I am figuring a SEA vs NE Super Bowl with Seattle winning back to back (before they sign Wilson to long term deal and never get back due to cap casualties).

He didnt keep control threw the catch. He clearly lost control of the ball. Was hoping they screwed it up but the refs got it right.

Dez had control made a football move and then after making impact with the ground the ball popped up and he caught it again in the endzone! There was no clear evidence that showed the ball hitting the ground so the ruling on the field as a catch definatley should not have been overturned unless they were going to call it a TD. Terrible break for the cowboys whom I despises only slightly less than the Packers.

Never lost control. As many commentators have pointed out this is almost identical to the Megatron play from a few years ago. In that play, even though he was playing against the beloved, he was also screwed.

I agree it is a bullshit rule but the ball came out when it hit the ground and you could clearly see it in mid air again and he re grabbed it.

Never lost control. As many commentators have pointed out this is almost identical to the Megatron play from a few years ago. In that play, even though he was playing against the beloved, he was also screwed.

I have said the announcers were wrong on this many times. The Megatron play was still the catch. He had his back towards the end line, and his momentum was moving that way. He was still bracing for the fall after contact when the ball came out.

The catch this weekend is different in that it was up to the officials, and replay, to determine when a football move began or didn't. I think it did since he got contacted, and at least made one, if not more, steps afterwards, and THEN lunged for the goal line. The lunge says to me, "completed the process, full control, making a football move."

I agree it is a bullshit rule but the ball came out when it hit the ground and you could clearly see it in mid air again and he re grabbed it.

But after making three steps AND (more importantly) making a "football move" to try and cross the goal line. That was as clear as what you said happen which I dont disgree with.

The referee and Bryant both had to make milli-second choices which were both overruled by a BS process.

I have said the announcers were wrong on this many times. The Megatron play was still the catch. He had his back towards the end line, and his momentum was moving that way. He was still bracing for the fall after contact when the ball came out.

The catch this weekend is different in that it was up to the officials, and replay, to determine when a football move began or didn't. I think it did since he got contacted, and at least made one, if not more, steps afterwards, and THEN lunged for the goal line. The lunge says to me, "completed the process, full control, making a football move."

Yep. And Yep

I think it did since he got contacted, and at least made one, if not more, steps afterwards, and THEN lunged for the goal line. The lunge says to me, "completed the process, full control, making a football move."

I agree. But with all of this said, giving Rodgers back the ball with any time left on the clock means the Cowboy's lead wasn't safe, regardless. I would've liked to have seen them have to do it though.