Dick LeBeau

Alaskan Grizzly

So I'm sitting at the Kona airport waiting for my connection to Honolulu and had some time to think. Dick LeBeau has resigned from the Steelers but said he doesn't plan on retiring. I know he's old but doesn't seem to age. What if be was interested in being a HC?

I like that he's been around awhile so he has street cred and might attract some good young eventual coordinator prospects. Most here loved Cowher and the two of them spent some quality time together. What if?

So I'm sitting at the Kona airport waiting for my connection to Honolulu and had some time to think. Dick LeBeau has resigned from the Steelers but said he doesn't plan on retiring. I know he's old but doesn't seem to age. What if be was interested in being a HC?

I like that he's been around awhile so he has street cred and might attract some good young eventual coordinator prospects. Most here loved Cowher and the two of them spent some quality time together. What if?

He is 77 years old.

HE was Bengals head coach : 2000 4-9

2001 6-10

2002 2-14

Are we really going to get a progressive coach that got worst every year he was head coach?

Dumb idea

I wouldn't mind having him in an advisory role with the title of Assistant Head Coach or something similar. His knowledge could be valuable to a first time HC or first time DC.

That's about as far as I would go, I wouldn't want to chance losing an integral part of the team such as DC due to health issues or death.

He is 77 years old.

HE was Bengals head coach : 2000 4-9

2001 6-10

2002 2-14

Are we really going to get a progressive coach that got worst every year he was head coach?

Dumb idea

Was totally a "what if" but given others have failed then resurged in other jobs what's to say he couldn't if given the chance?

If he was hired (more so wanted to) he'd be more a figure head to groom whomever his Asst HC would be.

But Id agree more with AZ (and Chile and Adam) in that he's probably going to go to Arizona to replace Bowles. I've heard that a few times since posting this.

I wouldn't mind having him in an advisory role with the title of Assistant Head Coach or something similar. His knowledge could be valuable to a first time HC or first time DC.

That's about as far as I would go, I wouldn't want to chance losing an integral part of the team such as DC due to health issues or death.

Yeah, the more I think about it he'd be foolish to move from one cold climate to another given he'd have a chance to move to AZ. I nearly moved to AZ about 5 years ago... If only.