What Are Your Picks For The Bears at 7

lemonej

Every year I gush over a player or two and take things to an obssession at times, this year's object of the lemonej man crush is Amari Cooper. I think that he is a dynamic player and will be a star in the league. True this is not a position of need but some of the best teams in the league year in year out take the best player available and make it work. If Cooper falls to the Bears at 7 I say take him. Last Year I wanted Aaron Donald and he went before the Bears pick. I'm hesitant to tout another Ala Saban DB because they haven't so far transitioned well in the NFL including a couple of his LSU DBs also.

Previously I have sang the praises of Alshon Jeffries(couldn't spell name right), Suh, Marcus Colston, Daniel Manning and D' Brickishaw Ferguson.

WTBS I think Collins might Be the pick but would prefer a true difference maker. What are your thoughts?

I'm oblivious to the college game...I have to choose my poison with my wife! College or pro...she can't lose me all weekend!

That said, I will keep an eye on Cooper since I respect your opinion!

Cheers!

Every year I gush over a player or two and take things to an obssession at times, this year's object of the lemonej man crush is Amari Cooper. I think that he is a dynamic player and will be a star in the league. True this is not a position of need but some of the best teams in the league year in year out take the best player available and make it work. If Cooper falls to the Bears at 7 I say take him. Last Year I wanted Aaron Donald and he went before the Bears pick. I'm hesitant to tout another Ala Saban DB because they haven't so far transitioned well in the NFL including a couple of his LSU DBs also.

Previously I have sang the praises of Alshon Jeffries(couldn't spell name right), Suh, Marcus Colston, Daniel Manning and D' Brickishaw Ferguson.

WTBS I think Collins might Be the pick but would prefer a true difference maker. What are your thoughts?

You are right about this one, he will be a star in the NFL. The guy is a beast. Unstoppable at the college level. Pace wants to be able to draft BPA. The bears have so many needs that it will be impossible to truly take care of each need. Pace will be able to upgrade some of the Bears needs, wont be hard upgrading from Conte should not be hard! lol

The Bears need playmakers and difference makers.... Cooper will be a difference maker. IE Odel Bekham........ I have seen some mock drafts that have Cooper going before the Bears so who knows if he will be there at 7.

I would not be upset if they did draft him.

Cooper is a fantastic talent, but unless they trade BM, I just couldn't pull that trigger. Could they make it work? Certainly. Do good teams always take BPA? You can say that BUT the Bears currently aren't a good team.

As far as who I want at 7 that's hard to say. If we try to contend then I wanna see some established players brought in at MLB and FS so at that point, with no real corners worthy of a top 10 pick, Im hoping to see either Randy Gregory fall. If he doest then I'm taking the top tackle.

Cooper is a fantastic talent, but unless they trade BM, I just couldn't pull that trigger. Could they make it work? Certainly. Do good teams always take BPA? You can say that BUT the Bears currently aren't a good team.

As far as who I want at 7 that's hard to say. If we try to contend then I wanna see some established players brought in at MLB and FS so at that point, with no real corners worthy of a top 10 pick, Im hoping to see either Randy Gregory fall. If he doest then I'm taking the top tackle.

Randy Gregory would be really nice!!!!!

Randy Gregory would be really nice!!!!!

Gregory is probably my top choice today (outside of Winston falling to us at 7). I am probably most in favor of a trade down though. I am also wide open to the idea of the top LT as well. No desire in a wideout at 7 and not sure if a LB that is worthy will be there either. I also don't think there is a safety on the board worthy of being selected top 10 (however, if you move down in the 1st, safety moves higher on my list of potential picks).

Guest TerraTor
You are right about this one, he will be a star in the NFL. The guy is a beast. Unstoppable at the college level. Pace wants to be able to draft BPA. The bears have so many needs that it will be impossible to truly take care of each need. Pace will be able to upgrade some of the Bears needs, wont be hard upgrading from Conte should not be hard! lol

The Bears need playmakers and difference makers.... Cooper will be a difference maker. IE Odel Bekham........ I have seen some mock drafts that have Cooper going before the Bears so who knows if he will be there at 7.

I would not be upset if they did draft him.

This defense is an absolute disaster

I have no idea what Pace will do but trying to dissect what the Saints did during his time there is a research project waiting for me to embark on. With their benching of Kenny Vaccaro and Tampa trading Barron, safety is going to be a real tough call at 7 for Pace.

I have no idea what Pace will do but trying to dissect what the Saints did during his time there is a research project waiting for me to embark on. With their benching of Kenny Vaccaro and Tampa trading Barron, safety is going to be a real tough call at 7 for Pace.

That's why I'm hoping we sign a proven guy.

Word of Collins lapses in coverage scare me off, because thats exactly what we need out of him, sound coverage.

Collins at 7 would be a total joke. Collins isn't close to the best safety to come out of Bama in the Saban era and the safeties and secondary players who have came out of Bama have largely not lived up to their hype. Saban has a great reputation of protecting his guys and just look at all the big plays Bama gave up anyway and a lot of those happened in direction of Collins.

Collins at 7 would be a total joke. Collins isn't close to the best safety to come out of Bama in the Saban era and the safeties and secondary players who have came out of Bama have largely not lived up to their hype. Saban has a great reputation of protecting his guys and just look at all the big plays Bama gave up anyway and a lot of those happened in direction of Collins.

DBDB I agree and feel safety is a big reach this year in the first round of the draft. If I had a choice of taking a position that is a reach it would be LB. I have been on the record for saying I like Denzel Perryman but an outside backer at 7 depending on our defensive scheme would not upset me either.

well, giving that this will take a few years to build this team back up to where it needs to be...i say OT at #7 and Bryce Petty with our second round pick.

Pace said he will take BPA over need and we have so many needs anyway.

At the #7 spot one of these three will be there and be our choice.

Shane Ray/LB-Cooper/WR- or Shreiff/OT

This is what I said in another thread, still seems pretty accurate. Looking at some early mocks, it seems that the consensus is that Mariota, Williams, Cooper, Gregory, and Winston will all be gone in the top 6, leaving only one other player drafted before we pick, probably from the group of: (Beasley-LB, Ray-DE, Scherff-OT, Collins-S, Fowler-LB, Thompson-LB, Parker-WR, Peat-OT, Dupree-DE).

This is what I said in another thread, still seems pretty accurate. Looking at some early mocks, it seems that the consensus is that Mariota, Williams, Cooper, Gregory, and Winston will all be gone in the top 6, leaving only one other player drafted before we pick, probably from the group of: (Beasley-LB, Ray-DE, Scherff-OT, Collins-S, Fowler-LB, Thompson-LB, Parker-WR, Peat-OT, Dupree-DE).

I like the OTs, Ray depends on the defense. Thompson will wreck havoc and they say Fowler will be a solid DE? Give me Scherff OT #1, Perryman, Kendricks, or McKinney LBs Rd#2 one should fall, and Grasu/Dismukes C Rd3. Get your Safety in FA.

I feel like the Bears are in a bit of a tough spot. I want someone worthy of the #7 pick. I agree that Collins isn't that guy - he'd have to really impress me to make me think he's clearly worth a top 10 pick, even though safety is obviously a huge need.

I think our offensive line needs some work, but I don't think a first round tackle is the way to go (would rather move Long to LT, Bushrod to RT, and draft a OG/OC in the 2-4 rounds.

I'd love Gregory, Cooper, or Williams, but I think they'll be gone (along with Winston, Mariota, and Scherff).

A top-flight CB would be welcome with Tillman probably gone and Jennings declining, but there's isn't really that clear cut #1 CB.

I guess that leaves a top DE like Shane Ray, Dante Fowler, or Bud Dupree, but I don't know much about any of them, and despite the lack of production at DE, we have bodies there who I think can do well if we get a defensive scheme straightened out.

My hope is that one of the LBs really distinguishes himself. I recall one college LB/S that did pretty well for the Bears. I'm kind of hoping Shaq Thompson is the next one.