Bears request an interview with Vic Fangio DC of the 49ers

'TD'

Honestly, I have no idea. Maybe poor wording from Schefter, and they were just asking him to interview?

He's going to be in demand, he already has interview scheduled with the Redskins, and I am sure many teams are lighting his agents phone number up. Fox is well respected, and his last 2 DC have gotten HC jobs. That may be appealing to Fangio.

SIGN THIS MAN NOW! If we got Kyle Shanahan and Fangio, Fox may have assembled one of the best staffs in the business. Fangio's defenses have been in the top 5 every year he's been the DC.

I think one of his (Fox) strengths is getting good ass. coaches. The list is endless on future HCs he has hired in the past. I hope he gets who he wants. He is a better judge of that than me.

I think he was meaning asst coaches he has hired that turned into HC while under Fox's regime.

Im hoping one of the strong suits with going with Fox was that he would be able to recruit a great staff.

I have an off the wall sense of humor so I reflect that in my use of words. Sometimes I succeed and sometimes I dont.

Dianna Marie Russini @NBCdianna · 21m 21 minutes ago

Vic Fangio will meet with the Chicago Bears first, then he will come to Washington DC to interview for defensive coordinator #Redskins

Fangio is interviewing with the Bears FIRST!! Fox's name must carry some clout.

Can't let him leave the building! Lock the door and throw some big bags of cash on the table. You know Dan Synder is going to if you don't. Fangio, like Fox, is the obvious hire here for DC as he is the most qualified based on his recent levels of success.

Even if they don't hire Fangio, the Bears should be able to bring in a representable DC this year based on the names I've heard being thrown around. I just hope they can get something done with this guy.

Can't let him leave the building! Lock the door and throw some big bags of cash on the table. You know Dan Synder is going to if you don't. Fangio, like Fox, is the obvious hire here for DC as he is the most qualified based on his recent levels of success.

Even if they don't hire Fangio, the Bears should be able to bring in a representable DC this year based on the names I've heard being thrown around. I just hope they can get something done with this guy.

Hard to say how it all turns out but like the names that is getting throwed around for coordinator jobs.

Fangio is interviewing with the Bears FIRST!! Fox's name must carry some clout.

That is awesome. It is amazing to see the quality we are being linked to and interviewing with. Fox really brings in instant credibility. Pace is really impressing me thus far.

Looks like offense is Shanahan-35 (OC), Gase-36 (OC), and Mularkey-53 (HC/OC), and defense is Fangio-56 (DC), Allen-42 (HC/DC), and Nolan-55 (HC/DC). All have been previous coordinators, and half have had previous HC experience.

That is awesome. It is amazing to see the quality we are being linked to and interviewing with. Fox really brings in instant credibility. Pace is really impressing me thus far.

Looks like offense is Shanahan-35 (OC), Gase-36 (OC), and Mularkey-53 (HC/OC), and defense is Fangio-56 (DC), Allen-42 (HC/DC), and Nolan-55 (HC/DC). All have been previous coordinators, and half have had previous HC experience.

Don't forget Jim Swartz name has been mentioned as DC. He's a terrible head coach and a bit of a jackass, but in one season, Buffalo had the #2 defense under him.

If he is no longer with SF, why are they asking permission and to who? SF has had a great defense, and this would be a very solid hire. Also means shift to 3-4 (or at least hybrid).

Is he officially not with SF? For example, I believe Mel Tucker is still currently with the Bears. It's a forgone conclusion he'll be gone, but he hasn't been fired and we haven't hired his replacement. It's just a formality teams go through.

Would appear he is headed to the Skins, but some rumors that it might not be done and have seen one report indicating he is thinking twice and might be coming to Chicago. All major reporters seem to be indicating Washington but not done yet (maybe).

Its just media speculating. The problem would be Snyder could just offer him twice the money we would, and that would be a no brainer for him

At some point, Fangio must decide is it all loot or lifestyle? You know what you're getting with Fox and with the McCaskeys. Consistency. You also know what you're getting with Snyder and Gruden. Inconsistency.

The Bears might not win a bidding war with Snyder for Fangio, but if job security is an emphasis, then he can't take the Washington job. There is a more than good chance Jay Gruden gets fired next year so he could be looking for another job 12 months from now.