Terrator 's Early Offseason Mock

Guest TerraTor

Guest TerraTor

Free Agency

Brandon Marshall - Somehowhis contract issue doesn't negate

BYron Bell OT

Geno Hayes - 3-4 LB

Just ignore the pic numbers..

#7 -Trade Back to 16 (Texans snag Winston)

16: LB Shaq Thompson

2-7: DT Eddie Goldman

2-19: QB Brent Hundley

3-7: S Anthony Harris

4-7: DT/DE Corey Crawford

4-19: G/C Max Garcia

5: LB Martell Spaight

I'd love to sign Brandon Marshall. Although damn that would be confusing with the two of them.

As for Byron Bell, I'll be shocked if the first thing our new offensive staff does is move Kyle Long to RT.

With Geno Hayes, do you think we'll move to a 3-4? I'll bet we know Tuesday who our new DC is.

I'm good with a trade back. We need depth and talent. I can't see us taking a QB in round #2. Either we will keep Jay Cutler and he will continue to be the man . . . until he's not. Or we draft one at #7 who will be the man with competition from a random veteran.

Where do we pick up a speed #3 WR? After BM and AJ we have nothing.

Free Agency

BYron Bell OT

Geno Hayes - 3-4 LB

Guest TerraTor
I'd love to sign Brandon Marshall. Although damn that would be confusing with the two of them.

As for Byron Bell, I'll be shocked if the first thing our new offensive staff does is move Kyle Long to RT.

With Geno Hayes, do you think we'll move to a 3-4? I'll bet we know Tuesday who our new DC is.

I'm good with a trade back. We need depth and talent. I can't see us taking a QB in round #2. Either we will keep Jay Cutler and he will continue to be the man . . . until he's not. Or we draft one at #7 who will be the man with competition from a random veteran.

Where do we pick up a speed #3 WR? After BM and AJ we have nothing.

Honestly I see a complete overhaul onD. We have no pass rushing DE next year. .

Use all the DT in a 3-4.. I think Jones,Shaq,Bostic can b good

. McClellan is yeah

trash but as an olb in 3-4 maybe he'll b less junk.

And in my opinion,the team without a rookie QB waiting in the wings is no different than now. Cutler is pure trash

Honestly I see a complete overhaul onD. We have no pass rushing DE next year. .

Use all the DT in a 3-4.. I think Jones,Shaq,Bostic can b good

. McClellan is yeah

trash but as an olb in 3-4 maybe he'll b less junk.

And in my opinion,the team without a rookie QB waiting in the wings is no different than now. Cutler is pure trash

We might have a complete overall and we could switch to a 3-4. However, with the DE's, I'd be shocked if LaMarr Houston, Jared Allen, and Willie Young aren't all back. Willie and LaMar will either be back or close to returning on opening day. That's a lot of money invested in the position. That means you're looking a a cheap veteran or late draft pick to complement them.

Maybe McClellan could be a special teams star . . .

Cutler, while not very good, is statistically the best quarterback in Bears history. He's a good quarterback in the right system. We owe him one helluva a lot of money and we could do a lot worse.

Free Agency

BYron Bell OT

Geno Hayes - 3-4 LB

Bell is the worst rated player on the PFF Free Agency Tracker with a -33.4 rating. In comparison, Conte was a -3. Bell shouldn't even be in the NFL next year based on that rating. I would rather have Orlando Franklin from Denver and slide Long to Tackle. Hayes would be a good pickup though. I like Thompson, but I think I would go Grasu with the last 2nd round pick instead of Hundley.

Bell is the worst rated player on the PFF Free Agency Tracker with a -33.4 rating. In comparison, Conte was a -3. Bell shouldn't even be in the NFL next year based on that rating. I would rather have Orlando Franklin from Denver and slide Long to Tackle. Hayes would be a good pickup though. I like Thompson, but I think I would go Grasu with the last 2nd round pick instead of Hundley.

Bell is a good run blocking OT. Just not much for pass protection.

Our offense might be best with long at LT and Bushrod at RT. I don't know if we'd make that jump immediately, but all things are on the table.

Slauson's a pretty damn good guard when health. Garza's ok at center. It's not that hard to find a starting RG and we could switch Mills to that position. I only mention this because our offensive line is still pretty good. We have Matt Forte, two really good WR's, the Black Unicorn, and we could do a lot worse than Jay Cutler. We still have the offensive players that we thought could lead us to glory when last season started.

Guest TerraTor
We have Matt Forte, two really good WR's, the Black Unicorn, and we could do a lot worse than Jay Cutler. We still have the offensive players that we thought could lead us to glory when last season started.

I suppose we could have a zombie at QB? Ha!

:pray

Bell is a good run blocking OT. Just not much for pass protection.

Our offense might be best with long at LT and Bushrod at RT. I don't know if we'd make that jump immediately, but all things are on the table.

Slauson's a pretty damn good guard when health. Garza's ok at center. It's not that hard to find a starting RG and we could switch Mills to that position. I only mention this because our offensive line is still pretty good. We have Matt Forte, two really good WR's, the Black Unicorn, and we could do a lot worse than Jay Cutler. We still have the offensive players that we thought could lead us to glory when last season started.

Our OL was not very good last year, Garza looks bad on tape, not sure why people thinks is ok and a year older. Sign De La Puente, kick Garza out the door. Bingo on Long to LT, Bushrod to RT. All we need to do is find a RG and maybe we can get OLa to play that spot.

A zombie may hold on to the ball to long, not be able to read a defense, or stare down his WR's... oh wait!!

Oh man, in terms of QB's, there are plenty of zombies out there. Here is how I categorize the current starting team QB's in the NFL:

Group 1: Teams who would take Jay Cutler as an upgrade: St. Louis, Minnesota, Jacksonville, Tampa Bay, Houston, Buffalo, Jets, Arizona, Washington, Miami, Cleveland, Tennessee, Kansas City . . .

Group 2: Teams with quarterbacks at the similar level as Jay Cutler . . . by this I mean the team thinks the QB might be good enough to win a Super Bowl but they are not completely happy: Carolina, Detroit, Cincinnati, San Diego, San Fran, Oakland . . . with the exception of Oakland and Carr who is an unknown, do any of these QB's seem better than Cutler? You can argue it. But it seems like more of the same.

Group 3: Teams happy with their quarterback but have concerns: Pittsburgh, Dallas, Giants, Atlanta

Group 4: Teams completely happy with their QB play: New England, Baltimore, Green Bay, Seattle, Indy, New Orleans, Denver (If Manning returns)

What this means for the Bears:

Group 4: Right now, give me any QB out of group 4 (7 teams). But if Peyton retires, that number shrinks. Brees and Brady are old.

Group #3 SEEMS like an upgrade over Cutler (4 teams). But Eli was real bad, Romo was on the outs before this year, and Matty Ice ain't done much, and Roth is old & hurt.

Group #2 is more of the uncertain or similar to what we have (7 teams). I just don't see any of these QB's being much better or worse than Cutler. Seriously. Argue that Andy Dalton is better than Cutler.

Group #1: Consists of 13 teams begging for ok quarterback play. I do not want to trade places with any of these teams who have real bad QB's. I repeat. I do not want to trade places with them.

To me, when you break it down like this, Cutler doesn't seem so bad.

I completely disagree. KC would not drop Alex Smith for Cutler. Tannehill's job would be very safe in a QB competition vs. Cutler. I'm sure Minny would rather bank on Bridgewater turning out than starting Cutler.

Group two, yes they all seem better than Cutler, some by a mile. The only exception is the red headed step child in Cincy.

The other groups are just way better from either past success or pure talent.