What did we get from Seattle for Cutler ?

Guest TerraTor

Ignoring Rodgers 2 INTs?

But Rodgers is a big time QB (pains me to say it) and Wilson looks like a putz. He is NOT a QB that can throw the rock when you need it. I hope the Seahawks pay him a ton of money and shackle their team for a long time.

But Rodgers is a big time QB (pains me to say it) and Wilson looks like a putz. He is NOT a QB that can throw the rock when you need it. I hope the Seahawks pay him a ton of money and shackle their team for a long time.

But, I do HATE the Packers! So I hope they lose.

I couldn't script that collapse any better. I can just imagine all the Bears fans and the NFL pundits ripping the Bears for this collapse but we won't hear that because it's the Packers. Poor coaching leaving the center of the field open on the last TD (fire Tucker for that). Poor coaching, poor play, when your blocker attempts to go up and catch the onside kick instead of blocking for Jordy Nelson (fire DeCamillis for that one). Poor play by the highly touted Haha Dix on a hail mary of a lob back across the field to give up a 2pt conversion (cut Conte for that play). Their great run defense (per Troy Aikman and company) gave up 156 yards to Lynch yet when our D does that we suck. 4 INTs and all they could get out of that was 22 pts (Cutler sucks). Two plays inside the 1 yard line and can't run the ball into the end zone (Oline sucks). Packers red zone offense was poor period (need new OC).

I couldn't script that collapse any better. I can just imagine all the Bears fans and the NFL pundits ripping the Bears for this collapse but we won't hear that because it's the Packers. Poor coaching leaving the center of the field open on the last TD (fire Tucker for that). Poor coaching, poor play, when your blocker attempts to go up and catch the onside kick instead of blocking for Jordy Nelson (fire DeCamillis for that one). Poor play by the highly touted Haha Dix on a hail mary of a lob back across the field to give up a 2pt conversion (cut Conte for that play). Their great run defense (per Troy Aikman and company) gave up 156 yards to Lynch yet when our D does that we suck. 4 INTs and all they could get out of that was 22 pts (Cutler sucks). Two plays inside the 1 yard line and can't run the ball into the end zone (Oline sucks). Packers red zone offense was poor period (need new OC).

Maybe. But relating this game to Bear complainers is not a fair comparison. If we win the NFC North, make it to the NFC championship game game, we are playing in Seattle to the Super Bowl Champions . . . not to mention, if the dude on the Packers catches the on-side kick, the game is over. Packers are in the Super Bowl.

That was a BAD loss for the Packers in a game they should have won. But when you win as consistently as they do, they'll get the benefit of the doubt. The Bears would be the same.

I hate both teams but I still felt kind of angry the Packers blew that game. They played like the better team the entire game except for one bad play on the onside kick. Actually two if you count the mind boggling Clinton-Dix play where he just let the ball hang forever instead of getting in front of the receiver to knock it down.. A lot had to go right for Seattle to win that game. Somehow they pulled through.

I hate both teams but I still felt kind of angry the Packers blew that game. They played like the better team the entire game except for one bad play on the onside kick. Actually two if you count the mind boggling Clinton-Dix play where he just let the ball hang forever instead of getting in front of the receiver to knock it down.. A lot had to go right for Seattle to win that game. Somehow they pulled through.

Yep. I'm just sick of the "Discount Double Check" commercials. I was glad the Packers lost because we won't see even more of that, along with Hanz and Franz.

Disagree that the Packers played like the better team the whole game except for one play. They controlled the first half but Seattle came out with intensity and desire in the second half and fought back to win that game. This was a second half collapse by the Packers. outscored 22-6 in the second half GB didn't even sniff the end zone in the second half. Both FG's were 48 yards. I'm not a fan of either of these teams but gotta give the Seahawks a lot of credit to fight back and win. Packers made some critical mistakes on key plays, the almost pick, the 2 pt conv, the onside kick, etc but those plays were key because Seattle put themselves in position for them to be key moments. That second half and overtime was probably the most enjoyable football I've seen this year. Always love it when the Packers look like dopes. But as others have pointed out the media will spin this with all kinds of excuses. Sherman played with one arm for a good chunk of the second half, but I bet we hear more about Rodgers being dinged up than Sherman.

Come on Alaska, don't ever forget: "My two favorite teams are Da bears and anyone playing the Packers."

I know but being where I am a lot of food here are big fans of Seattle. And I think they may actually be worse fans. So it's hard to choose. Am glad that GB lost. Will be happy if either NE/ Insy can beat them. Preferably Indy as my folks live in that area.

Ya HHCD did have those 2 INTs that fell into his lap, but he also cost them the game twice by dropping a third INT and having that WTF moment on that two point conversion.

Something Bama safeties that I want no part of.

You gotta be kidding. I hate the packers with a passion, but HHCD was a stud for them as a rookie. And the Bears STILL have a glaring hole at FS.

You gotta be kidding. I hate the packers with a passion, but HHCD was a stud for them as a rookie. And the Bears STILL have a glaring hole at FS.

True, but would you take HHCD over Kyle Fuller? Fuller looked damn good before breaking his hand. He plays CB which is a more difficult position to fill than safety, unless you're the Bears.

It's one year in and time will tell, but after one season, Fuller and HHCD both seem like pretty damn good players. It's a push at this point IMO.

True, but would you take HHCD over Kyle Fuller? Fuller looked damn good before breaking his hand. He plays CB which is a more difficult position to fill than safety, unless you're the Bears.

It's one year in and time will tell, but after one season, Fuller and HHCD both seem like pretty damn good players. It's a push at this point IMO.

Easy answer for me: yes. The Bears didn't need a nickel back. They needed a FS. A year later and they still need one. And I suspect nothing will change after next year because the FS class is weak.

Perhaps I just didn't watch enough Packers football this year. Seemed liked more often than not when I was watching I saw mistakes.

He obviously would have been an upgrade here but I'd rather have Fuller.

Easy answer for me: yes. The Bears didn't need a nickel back. They needed a FS. A year later and they still need one. And I suspect nothing will change after next year because the FS class is weak.

FWIW I think Peanut should seriously consider trying Safety. I'm fairly certain we could squeeze one more year (or two) as a caretaker until they get a draftee or someone younger in there.

Fox worked with Champ Bailey who was in a similar situation so perhaps he could coax him into it.

The NFC Championship Game showed us you don't need an elite QB to play in a Super Bowl, just a great defense and great running game. Wilson was horrible, Lindley-bad, yet he is going to the Super Bowl. Dallas has to be pissed, because they would've crushed Seattle if Seattle played like that.

How about Matthews? He has some phantom injury and is out of the game for most of the 4th quarter, yet it gets very little press. Did anyone else notice him on the sidelines as the Seahawks march down and score to take the lead? I can't find a single article about it online. Sherman plays with a broken arm and Matthews leaves with a hangnail.

Epic collapse though, a complete coaching failure, playing not to lose (hi Lovie). First, why would they not defend against the fake FG when only a TD would've impacted the game at that point? You can't give up a TD there. Then you intercept the ball and immediately slide down on your side of the field with at least 10 yards of open field, wtf? You then play not to lose and actually lose yards on multiple running plays and give Seattle a short field after a punt. Then you don't clarify their jobs on the onside kick and Bostick heads the ball to the Seahawks with Nelson standing right behind him waiting for the ball. Then you allow a moonshot 2-pt conversion that is one of the most ridiculous I have ever seen. What were the 2 defenders defending over there? An amazing turn of events, but it seemed to come down to poor coaching in the end. Seattle does not deserve to be there either.

Clays roid use is catching up with him.

The NFC Championship Game showed us you don't need an elite QB to play in a Super Bowl, just a great defense and great running game. Wilson was horrible, Lindley-bad, yet he is going to the Super Bowl. Dallas has to be pissed, because they would've crushed Seattle if Seattle played like that.

How about Matthews? He has some phantom injury and is out of the game for most of the 4th quarter, yet it gets very little press. Did anyone else notice him on the sidelines as the Seahawks march down and score to take the lead? I can't find a single article about it online. Sherman plays with a broken arm and Matthews leaves with a hangnail.

Epic collapse though, a complete coaching failure, playing not to lose (hi Lovie). First, why would they not defend against the fake FG when only a TD would've impacted the game at that point? You can't give up a TD there. Then you intercept the ball and immediately slide down on your side of the field with at least 10 yards of open field, wtf? You then play not to lose and actually lose yards on multiple running plays and give Seattle a short field after a punt. Then you don't clarify their jobs on the onside kick and Bostick heads the ball to the Seahawks with Nelson standing right behind him waiting for the ball. Then you allow a moonshot 2-pt conversion that is one of the most ridiculous I have ever seen. What were the 2 defenders defending over there? An amazing turn of events, but it seemed to come down to poor coaching in the end. Seattle does not deserve to be there either.