What did we get from Seattle for Cutler ?

Guest TerraTor

Easy answer for me: yes. The Bears didn't need a nickel back. They needed a FS. A year later and they still need one. And I suspect nothing will change after next year because the FS class is weak.

Fuller is our best cornerback so the answer isn't he is a nickel back. He is our #1 starting CB. Dix was pretty meh all year and in general didn't make many plays for the team (ask pretty much any Packer man and they'd tell you Dix wasn't anything special in yr 1). Not writing him off just saying no one thought he was special. Fuller had some "special" games and some "meh / bad" games and than improved late. You expect up and down play out of our CB, but going back in time, I'm sticking with who we picked.

Fuller is our best cornerback so the answer isn't he is a nickel back. He is our #1 starting CB. Dix was pretty meh all year and in general didn't make many plays for the team (ask pretty much any Packer man and they'd tell you Dix wasn't anything special in yr 1). Not writing him off just saying no one thought he was special. Fuller had some "special" games and some "meh / bad" games and than improved late. You expect up and down play out of our CB, but going back in time, I'm sticking with who we picked.

He started ONLY because of injury. That means he wasn't the starter (i.e. nickel).

I still do not think he is better than Jennings (didn't he go to a PB?). If Nut comes back, he starts as well.

And IDK which cheeseheads you talk to, but my friends who live there, as well as a few others, thought he was great as a rookie for them.

You draft for a career, not the day.

Agreed, but you also have to factor in team need in order to be good. I don't hate the Fuller pick, but the HHCD pick would have been better for us. I'm not sure he gave up a TD this year, and he was solid in run support all year. He was near the top of their team in tackles. By comparison, Fuller exploded on the scene, then relatively disappeared for the majority of the season.

Agreed, but you also have to factor in team need in order to be good. I don't hate the Fuller pick, but the HHCD pick would have been better for us. I'm not sure he gave up a TD this year, and he was solid in run support all year. He was near the top of their team in tackles. By comparison, Fuller exploded on the scene, then relatively disappeared for the majority of the season.

Fuller was simply abused by a horrible coaching staff and equally bad front 7...lol

in my opinion a good 'cover' CB is much, much, more valuable and hard to find than any safety. it ranks up there with a pass rushing DE and LT in value. QB trumps them all.