Packers get owned in the second half

BearFan2000

Anyone else enjoy the second half of the NFC title game? That was a heck of a comeback by Seattle outscoring the packers 22-6 in the second half and scoring the winning TD in overtime. Packers came within a favorable call of getting knocked out last week and this week they got off to a good start but got owned when it mattered. I kept waiting for some BS call to bail out the Packers but it didn't come and they are sent home with no super bowl. :headbang

Loved it!

Anyone else enjoy the second half of the NFC title game? That was a heck of a comeback by Seattle outscoring the packers 22-6 in the second half and scoring the winning TD in overtime. Packers came within a favorable call of getting knocked out last week and this week they got off to a good start but got owned when it mattered. I kept waiting for some BS call to bail out the Packers but it didn't come and they are sent home with no super bowl. :headbang

I don't know how a team recovers from that type of collapse. That might have been one of the worst sequences in playoff history. Bonehead play after bonehead play, passive coaching, etc. They handed Seattle that game.

btw, people really want Russell Wilson? He made 2-3 throws the entire game (and when he had 8 seconds to throw). The difference to me is his team is so good around him that he can play that bad and still win. That is why QB comparisons are sort of irrelevant because if Cutler played like that, we would lose by 60.

I don't know how a team recovers from that type of collapse. That might have been one of the worst sequences in playoff history. Bonehead play after bonehead play, passive coaching, etc. They handed Seattle that game.

btw, people really want Russell Wilson? He made 2-3 throws the entire game (and when he had 8 seconds to throw). The difference to me is his team is so good around him that he can play that bad and still win. That is why QB comparisons are sort of irrelevant because if Cutler played like that, we would lose by 60.

And there is talks that he'll get the biggest contract in the NFL.

Maybe so but the raw emotion he showed on the sidelines and after the game is something I've never once seen from Jay. The kid cares and that's pretty important.

Maybe so but the raw emotion he showed on the sidelines and after the game is something I've never once seen from Jay. The kid cares and that's pretty important.

I was actually going to say the same thing. But didn't want to appear soft. Haha... But you're sbsolutely right. It's apparent to me the kid cares. AND is genuine. THAT was the definition of '60 minute' football.

Yeah, I think he was more relieved that he wasn't the goat with what was going to go down as the worst playoff performance by a QB in NFL history. I like him, a lot of heart, but I think the jury is still out on him performance-wise. Seems pretty tough to get an honest assessment with that defense and Beastmode. Would you believe he owns 3 of the worst 5 QBRs by a QB in a playoff win in the last 5 years? Of all the winning teams and QBs, and he has 3 out of the top 5 (or bottom 5).

It is funny how perceptions change if a team wins or loses. Wilson wins and all you hear is about how he "believed" and made plays at the end to win. If the same stats occur, but they lose, all anyone would talk about is how bad he played.

Either way, I hope he gets $25 mil a year, which would force Seattle to not re-sign 3-4 other starters from their roster. If they want Thomas, Chancellor, Sherman, Wagner, and Wilson, then they literally will have the rest of their roster all on league minimum deals.

I don't know how many QBs would get away with crying in football besides Wilson. As Tom Hanks would say, "There's no crying in baseball"

It was one of the greatest comebacks or complete collapses I've seen though