FANGIO JOINS STAFF

GakMan23

Hopefully we get San Fran Fangio and not pre San Fran Fangio.

Should be a fun offseason moving to a 3-4.

Yes, because people gain experience in their jobs as their career advances. Any way you look at it Fangio is now highly regarded around the league. For someone, anyone, in that category to take over as a coordinator for the Bears is a huge change.

Yes, because people gain experience in their jobs as their career advances. Any way you look at it Fangio is now highly regarded around the league. For someone, anyone, in that category to take over as a coordinator for the Bears is a huge change.

Agreed; Look at how that Niners defense excelled despite all the injuries and turmoil this past year. What they were able to do was flat out impressive coaching.

I'm puzzeled by the optimism about a switch to a 3-4 with the mention of Houston and Young as starters. Don't these 2 players have significant injuries that may limit their ability to work this offseason. An ACL and Achilles injury are not easy to recover from. With the presumed switch its a fantasy to believe these 2 can be ready by OTAs or mini camps when the new staff will be taking this team thru the paces of their scheme and terminology.

I'm puzzeled by the optimism about a switch to a 3-4 with the mention of Houston and Young as starters. Don't these 2 players have significant injuries that may limit their ability to work this offseason. An ACL and Achilles injury are not easy to recover from. With the presumed switch its a fantasy to believe these 2 can be ready by OTAs or mini camps when the new staff will be taking this team thru the paces of their scheme and terminology.

Houston should be ready to go unless there'sa set back but I forgot about the Young injury. Perhaps that wrench leads them to taking an OLB early.

Agree to disagree on the LB group. I happen to think Bostic, as your coverage ILB, and Jones as your run stuffing ILB is a solid duo. Young almost has to have a spot at OLB. Then the other side is the only position I really view as questionable in the SMC, Washington, Bass competition.

When I look at these LBs and DEs I have long seen a 3-4.

Again Im not saying thats what I want to happen, just saying it wouldnt be the worst thing in the world.

I agree with your post and I get the impression that we will somewhat work our scheme around the talent.

I hate to say this, but I'm guessing this might add to Shea McClellin's value as a Bear. The nice thing is we know he won't be forced on the field.

I think if when we switch to a 3-4 we have absolutely none one who can play the nose so our selection at 7 will likely be Shelton. Young, if healthy, is an OLB. Bostic can be your blur ILB. Mc is likely the other and can potentially be a decent rush LB. I'm not sure who on our roster fits at a DE.

SN: Can't Harrison be had on the cheap? He's still productive if Pitt somehow lets him go again.

SNSN: I'd draft Nick Marshall with our 3rd round pick if not our second. Fluid hips, ball skills, tall and is possibly the fastest player in the SEC.

If we're going to a 3-4 scheme then sitting at #7 provides a couple good options for OLB. Better options IMO than what we'd see for 4-3 DE at that pick.

With this hire, I could easily see us draft a LB, DT, or safety. Even a CB. Either way, we need a stud.