Mike Mayock was on DP This Morning

DABEARSDABOMB

Talked Mariotta and Winston. Said he's still very early in his film sessions but from the QB coaches, scouts and other offensive coaches he talked to, there was zero debate that Winston has everything you want to see on the football. Instinctive thrower who anticipates openings very well, tough, all the measureable's, high football IQ, etc. Said all reports are that his work ethic is strong and he's extremely well liked in the lockeroom and considered a good leader. Really only knock is the off the field issues.

When talking Marcus, it was basically that he individually has the tools, however, most everyone is scared as to how he'll handle the pro system and can he actually display the ability to play in a pro offense (throw with anticipation, etc). I continue to say that if Winston is available at 7, I take him. I also will say if the Eagles want to move up, than I am more than willing to partner up with them to move down.

McCoy was also extremely complimentary of Brandon Scherff (Iowa T). Reminds him of Zack Martin from the perspective of he could play every position on the line effectively today.

Talked Mariotta and Winston. Said he's still very early in his film sessions but from the QB coaches, scouts and other offensive coaches he talked to, there was zero debate that Winston has everything you want to see on the football. Instinctive thrower who anticipates openings very well, tough, all the measureable's, high football IQ, etc. Said all reports are that his work ethic is strong and he's extremely well liked in the lockeroom and considered a good leader. Really only knock is the off the field issues.

When talking Marcus, it was basically that he individually has the tools, however, most everyone is scared as to how he'll handle the pro system and can he actually display the ability to play in a pro offense (throw with anticipation, etc). I continue to say that if Winston is available at 7, I take him. I also will say if the Eagles want to move up, than I am more than willing to partner up with them to move down.

McCoy was also extremely complimentary of Brandon Scherff (Iowa T). Reminds him of Zack Martin from the perspective of he could play every position on the line effectively today.

Mayock is a tool. He's the same that in 2012 rated RBIII as the #2 QB behind Luck. And coincidently predicted that Trent Richardson was the #3 talent in that year's draft. Of course we all know that he actually was picked somewhere in the top 5 but are still waiting for that top 5 talent. In the 2013 draft class he rated Geno Smith #21 (#1 OB) overall. The #3 QB? EJ Manuel followed by Matt Barkley.

I said it once and will again, I'll sell all of my Bears memorabilia and denounce my fanmanship if the Bears draft Winston in round 1 or even 2. If he's available in the third or later rounds...? I'll consider it.

Mayock is a tool. He's the same that in 2012 rated RBIII as the #2 QB behind Luck. And coincidently predicted that Trent Richardson was the #3 talent in that year's draft. Of course we all know that he actually was picked somewhere in the top 5 but are still waiting for that top 5 talent. In the 2013 draft class he rated Geno Smith #21 (#1 OB) overall. The #3 QB? EJ Manuel followed by Matt Barkley.

I said it once and will again, I'll sell all of my Bears memorabilia and denounce my fanmanship if the Bears draft Winston in round 1 or even 2. If he's available in the third or later rounds...? I'll consider it.

No chance he drops to us at 7 so you're safe. Kid is a baller who should go number 1 overall.

If Mayock's a tool, EVERY draft prognosticator is a tool. NOBODY thought Russell Wilson was better than RG3. And Trent Richardson not only fooled Mayock, but also the Cleveland Browns and the Colts.

What's coming out of the senior bowl more than anything is that the Bears would be best served Fox's influence and a run first approach helps Cutler succeed.

If Mayock's a tool, EVERY draft prognosticator is a tool. NOBODY thought Russell Wilson was better than RG3. And Trent Richardson not only fooled Mayock, but also the Cleveland Browns and the Colts.

What's coming out of the senior bowl more than anything is that the Bears would be best served Fox's influence and a run first approach helps Cutler succeed.

In all reality the draft is a crapshoot. Too many 'what ifs' that don't always work to their title. First rounders rarely play to that level nor do the all the later rounds always play down to theirs.