Been away on vacation got a question

Chitownhustla

So we should have a good idea of which way they are going to go by the moves they make on personnel.

I like the idea of going to a 3-4 but it really sucks having Young and Houston both hurt and up in the air with how they will be once back on the playing field.

Houston has played in the 3-4 and can play DE in that scheme. Young would be considered a 4-3 DE along with Jared Allen but Im sure they can be used in some capacity.

Can Jared Allen be cut or is his money guaranteed?

So we should have a good idea of which way they are going to go by the moves they make on personnel.

I like the idea of going to a 3-4 but it really sucks having Young and Houston both hurt and up in the air with how they will be once back on the playing field.

Houston has played in the 3-4 and can play DE in that scheme. Young would be considered a 4-3 DE along with Jared Allen but Im sure they can be used in some capacity.

In Emery's brilliance, he signed Allen for cheap last year by guaranteeing his $12.5 million this year.

Houston should be back for OTAs in my opinion so he should be good to go for the year. Young might be as well but if not we do have a plethora of guys that can fill in in the mean time. SMC, Washington, and Bass could all be solid OLBs to hold down the fort till Willie comes back. In some scouting reports even Christian Jones was being talked about as a rush LB.

Fangio runs a hybrid scheme, but a base 3-4. I suspect that will remain here. I don't know why it wouldn't. He's a Dom Capers disciple.

He will add some pieces and then design his defense around the talent on the team. It will take a couple of years to put together the talent to be successful.

You could not tell that by there performance.

Willie Young and Stephen Paea both had careers years and our young tackles weren't bad either. Ratliff played good too. Allen was only guy with major degration and that was probably due in part to age and in part to getting really sick. I thought in general, the dline was the strength of our defense (yes...that is kind of an oxy-moron but it was).