For those wanting to draft a safety..how about Rahim Moore

DABEARSDABOMB

I wanna see them try and make a play for McCourty, but if he gets too expensive/gets resigned then ya, Moore makes a ton of sense.

I said in another post that I'd like to see them fix the secondary in FA leaving them to focus on getting some bodies for the front 7 in the draft.

I like the idea of Moore, Gholson, and Culliver/Cox as all guys who are familiar with the staff.

I wanna see them try and make a play for McCourty, but if he gets too expensive/gets resigned then ya, Moore makes a ton of sense.

I said in another post that I'd like to see them fix the secondary in FA leaving them to focus on getting some bodies for the front 7 in the draft.

I like the idea of Moore, Gholson, and Culliver/Cox as all guys who are familiar with the staff.

McCourty is great, if Moore is cheaper and 3 years younger I like the Moore option.

How big of a drop off is there between McCourty and Moore?

Hoping scs787 would have some info on this as I have not paid attention to these guys.

I think they get a couple FAs, but they aren't going to load up on them. They will build threw the draft, this will take a couple years.

I think they get a couple FAs, but they aren't going to load up on them. They will build threw the draft, this will take a couple years.

Moore led the NCAA in INTs one year also. I am not against signing him, but I hope they weigh the prospects in the draft too. One guy I think will be a great leader is Fresno's Derron Smith. He reminds me of Mike Brown. He has traits as a great FS but can come down and make tackles in the box also. He has great football IQ and is a student of the game.

McCourty is great, if Moore is cheaper and 3 years younger I like the Moore option.

How big of a drop off is there between McCourty and Moore?

Hoping scs787 would have some info on this as I have not paid attention to these guys.

McCourty is one of the best safties in the league, Moore is merely above average with the potential to be good. Staying with the same HC should further help his development.

So the drop off is somewhat big, but only because McCourty is so damn good.

Im not so sure this is true. Fox turned around Carolina and Denver in one year. Virginia McCaskey is pissed. Both she and Fox are not getting any younger. The Bears have the 10th most cap room. All those points lead me to believe that we'll be spending every penny available for a quick turnaround.

Virginia is a pissed off 92 year old that is tired of losing. I'm not so sure she and the rest of the McCaskeys can/want to wait a few years for this to work.

McCourty is one of the best safties in the league, Moore is merely above average with the potential to be good. Staying with the same HC should further help his development.

Im not so sure this is true. Fox turned around Carolina and Denver in one year. Virginia McCaskey is pissed. Both she and Fox are not getting any younger. The Bears have the 10th most cap room. All those points lead me to believe that we'll be spending every penny available for a quick turnaround.

Virginia is a pissed off 92 year old that is tired of losing. I'm not so sure she and the rest of the McCaskeys can/want to wait a few years for this to work.

Besides bad drafting, paying large contracts to FAs has also got us in trouble. , McCorty is going to cost 10 million a year. It ain't happening.

With the Bears switching to a 3-4 they will need a pass rushing OLB and a middle clogging nose. I would rather them spend big on one of the mentioned rather than S.

Moore would be cheaper than McCourty, younger and an upgrade from what the Bears have.

If they spend big in FA i would rather James Houston, OLB from Kansas City. he is 26 years old.

Besides bad drafting, paying large contracts to FAs has also got us in trouble. , McCorty is going to cost 10 million a year. It ain't happening.

That is why I'd prefer Moore. I think you could get him for quite a bit less. I don't need all pro, I'd like above average though. And at 24, his age is a positive.

I did add the caveat about him getting to expensive which would make me pass. He's one of the few high priced guys that I'd feel confident going after and it not biting us in the ass.

I'd throw the before mentioned Justin Houston in that category as well. Looking at the crop of OLBs in the draft though, if I had to choose one high priced guy, it'd be McCourty.

All that said I wouldn't be the slightest bit disappointed with Moore.