Hurrt staying...

madlithuanian

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/...ebackers-coach/

Bears name Clint Hurtt outside linebackers coach

Posted by Josh Alper on January 27, 2015, 4:04 PM EST

Chicago Bears v Carolina Panthers

Getty Images

The Bears have brought several of John Fox’s assistants to Chicago from Denver since hiring Fox as their head coach, but one member of the 2014 staff will be sticking around.

Clint Hurtt was the defensive line coach in 2014 and will remain on the staff in 2015 as the team’s outside linebackers coach. The position is usually found on staffs running a 3-4 defense, which isn’t what the Bears ran last season but is likely to be at least part of their scheme in 2015 with Vic Fangio coming aboard as the new defensive coordinator.

Hurtt helped the Bears defensive linemen record 35 of the team’s 39 sacks during the 2014 season and the outside linebackers will play a major role in the team’s pass rush if the Bears do move toward more 3-4 fronts under Fangio.

The Bears also announced that offensive quality control coaches Brendan Nugent and Carson Walch would not return to the team.

I want a hybrid D when it's all said and done. If we can line up one way and mutate to another, that would be exciting to watch and talk about.

I don't really care what they do,as long as there better. We now have coaches that are smart and flexible. They will add some parts and make do with the roster. It can only be a hybrid until they the guys for there system.

I want a hybrid D when it's all said and done. If we can line up one way and mutate to another, that would be exciting to watch and talk about.

Sounds like Vic's D did things like that in San Fran, the could change the front week to week, in game, whatever needed. I like that I like a D that is built on the versatility of being able to adapt to what's needed. Say one week your opponent is best attacked with a 3-4, and the following week your opponent is more vulnerable to a 4-3, and even mixing things up as the game goes say after the half to keep them guessing. Granted you can scheme the best most versatile defense but you still need the players to execute it so it'l be interesting to see what kind of talent is brought in and what we're able to do in this respect. Might be wise to start with a 4-3 base and throw in some 3-4 fronts and looks till we get enough talent to make the 3-4 our base.