CFL WR Chiles

madlithuanian

CHI - John Chiles signs Futures deal

Source: NFL

Free-agent WR John Chiles (CFL) signed a Reserve/Future contract with the Chicago Bears Tuesday, Jan. 27.

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ FOOTBALLGUYS VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

The former Texas Longhorn was undrafted in 2011, but he did spend some time with the Saints and the Rams before heading up north. In the CFL, Chiles played for the Toronto Argonauts. He's a good receiver on deep routes, can track the ball well over his shoulder and has agility in the open field. Chiles' game is built on his run-after-the-catch ability and vertical speed.

The only thing I get from this is that Pace sees that our WR corps needs a speed element added to it. So in just two weeks he's caught up to the level of what the TalkBears message board says we need in a WR. Have we got any other advice for our new GM?

Draft like a pro.

Really that's the biggest thing coming up for him and the Bears is a successful first draft as GM. When he was first hired I was like "who?" But I've really been impressed with this guy, he is a go getter, he's diligent and like Fox has an engaging personality. Where as Emery and Dr Death were a personality vacuum. and Angelo was a bit odd. This guy seems to have a good head on his shoulders and a real genuine passion. Seems mature beyond his years. As he said in his press conference he's going to be aggressive and explore all avenues to bring guys who can help improve our team. The Draft will be his next big test and a very critical one if we are to start building through the draft so we only need to supplement with FA rather than use FA as a bandaid to make up for bad drafting. We have much to be positive about going forward. When was the last time most if not all here at talk bears and the Bears fan base as a whole was on board after a GM/HC change. Especially after how low this team sunk the last two years. We went from a time where we as fans were as angry, and disinterested in the Bears as I've seen in a long time, to a fan base who now sees hope. Could this be the end of firing losers only to hire then next batch of losers? Gotta end the vicious cyle, here's hoping that Pace and Fox are the first big steps to that end.

That's my takeway as well...

The only thing I get from this is that Pace sees that our WR corps needs a speed element added to it. So in just two weeks he's caught up to the level of what the TalkBears message board says we need in a WR. Have we got any other advice for our new GM?