Trying To Figure This Out

lemonej

The best way to try and gauge how Pace will draft is to see how the Saints drafted while he was there and how both Denver and SF drafted with Fox as well as Fangio in SF some stats.

NO with Pace(since he is drafting for whole team) I did 10 years of overall positions

QB 2 RB 3 FB 1 WR 9 TE1(Jimmy Graham) OT 7 OG 4 C 1 DE 5 DT 5 LB 9 S 6 CB 8 K 1 P 1

SF with Fangio as DC I'm doing defensive draft picks only to see how they fed his defense.

DT 1 DE 3 LB 7 CB 6 S 5

Denver running the same projected scheme that we will run under Fox drafted this way:

Again defense only

DT 2 DE3 LB 5 CB 3 S 2

In our projected defensive scheme it seems like there is always a turnover at the LB position and the secondary positions especially at CB and OLB.

WTBS I can see that one of the edge rushers may be a target at 7 unless they throw us a curve and stick with the 4-3

The best way to try and gauge how Pace will draft is to see how the Saints drafted while he was there and how both Denver and SF drafted with Fox as well as Fangio in SF some stats.

NO with Pace(since he is drafting for whole team) I did 10 years of overall positions

QB 2 RB 3 FB 1 WR 9 TE1(Jimmy Graham) OT 7 OG 4 C 1 DE 5 DT 5 LB 9 S 6 CB 8 K 1 P 1

SF with Fangio as DC I'm doing defensive draft picks only to see how they fed his defense.

DT 1 DE 3 LB 7 CB 6 S 5

Denver running the same projected scheme that we will run under Fox drafted this way:

Again defense only

DT 2 DE3 LB 5 CB 3 S 2

In our projected defensive scheme it seems like there is always a turnover at the LB position and the secondary positions especially at CB and OLB.

WTBS I can see that one of the edge rushers may be a target at 7 unless they throw us a curve and stick with the 4-3

it might be better to evaluate if there were stats on first, second and third round picks from that info. that might be a way to judge the importance they gave each position.

I doubt Pace had the final say in the draft room, although I am sure he will be influenced by the system the NO GM used while Pace was there.

One would have to believe although Pace had significant input into the decision making, there were occasions where the NO GM went in a different direction than what Pace would have done.

This first draft will tell us a lot of what we can expect in the future.

Only thing for sure, from past experiences, there will be some posters on the forum wanting to fire Pace as our GM after the draft because he chose players that they did not want and he skipped over some of their "must draft" list. LOL

I doubt Pace had the final say in the draft room, although I am sure he will be influenced by the system the NO GM used while Pace was there.

One would have to believe although Pace had significant input into the decision making, there were occasions where the NO GM went in a different direction than what Pace would have done.

This first draft will tell us a lot of what we can expect in the future.

Only thing for sure, from past experiences, there will be some posters on the forum wanting to fire Pace as our GM after the draft because he chose players that they did not want and he skipped over some of their "must draft" list. LOL

Keep in mind the Bears have been one of the worst drafting teams in the NFL the past ten years or so. We have all seen the stats and links showing how many players on the team were originally drafted and how many weren't. As always, the point is, maybe the posters on this board wouldn't have done great, but it would have been pretty damn hard to have done worse.

Keep in mind the Bears have been one of the worst drafting teams in the NFL the past ten years or so. We have all seen the stats and links showing how many players on the team were originally drafted and how many weren't. As always, the point is, maybe the posters on this board wouldn't have done great, but it would have been pretty damn hard to have done worse.

How many people do you have on your scout team? :)

I would be more curious to see how many are still on the team that drafted them, how many pro bowlers, starters, and busts. All I know is we really can't draft much worse.

Here is a good summary of drafts over the past 5 years: http://q.usatoday.com/2014/05/07/nfl-draft...gland-patriots/

Basically NO, SF, and DEN have all been great drafting teams, and we have been the worst. We are in a unique category with Jacksonville and no other team is even close to as bad as we have been. The chart says it all:

draftchart1.jpg

it might be better to evaluate if there were stats on first, second and third round picks from that info. that might be a way to judge the importance they gave each position.

Agreed.I went on NFL.com and went to draft history to gather the picks. In the case of both Fox and Fangio two of the first rounders were Aldon Smith and Von Miller. That is why I could see the Bears being high on Shane Ray a Mizzou product just like Smith.