Tillman excited

BearFan2000

Tillman didn't find much on the market last year although he had some suitors. I respect him a lot and I don't think he's BSing with his statements but he's also looking for a job after two seasons ended up on IR.

Briggs was horrible for us last year, moody and petulant, the same traits the people criticize Cutler for endlessly, yet he's looking for a job too. Years ago his market was far smaller than he thought it would be and he ended up back with the Bears albeit with a really good contract. What coach is out there saying he really wants Briggs in his LB meeting room for the leadership he brings?

Tillman is a very risky decision but he'd get vet min offer from me. In his 13th season that should still be a good paycheck and gives Bears a lower cap hit. Briggs would get nothing.

I saw him on NFL Network yesterday and you could just hear the excitement in his voice. Even if he doesn't return, it nice to see players excited about the team and football again. I would sign him to a 1 or 2 year deal, the triceps injury was a freak injury, and with the missed games, he has that much more left in the tank.

The good thing is his injury is one that won't effect his ability to run, and he would basically be back after a year of rest. I felt he was still playing at a high level before the injury. I would love to have him back if the doctor says he can go. His injury last year was a repeat of the year before, and I would want to know it's fully healed this time.

The good thing is his injury is one that won't effect his ability to run, and he would basically be back after a year of rest. I felt he was still playing at a high level before the injury. I would love to have him back if the doctor says he can go. His injury last year was a repeat of the year before, and I would want to know it's fully healed this time.

Pff gave him a .5 ranking which means he played average.

With Fuller not being the quickest of corners I'm not so sure you want him and Tillman as your 2 starters. As a safety who covers TEs paired with a center fielder type FS I think that would be what is best for this team.

Its been talked about for years now, and I'll say it again, I really think he would need to be open to play safety in order to return. Tillman paired with a more rangey safety could end up being a solid duo.

And he might consider this move now that he's playing (potentially) for Fox. With Tucker I don't blame him for not wanting to change positions. He might have faith in Fox to help him learn the role.

Tillman didn't find much on the market last year although he had some suitors. I respect him a lot and I don't think he's BSing with his statements but he's also looking for a job after two seasons ended up on IR.

Briggs was horrible for us last year, moody and petulant, the same traits the people criticize Cutler for endlessly, yet he's looking for a job too. Years ago his market was far smaller than he thought it would be and he ended up back with the Bears albeit with a really good contract. What coach is out there saying he really wants Briggs in his LB meeting room for the leadership he brings?

Tillman is a very risky decision but he'd get vet min offer from me. In his 13th season that should still be a good paycheck and gives Bears a lower cap hit. Briggs would get nothing.

Agreed on most counts. I'm really convinced that Briggs has nothing left to offer the team. As much as I disliked the loss of Urlacher at a similar point in his career, I'm totally good with Briggs going away.

With Peanut, you're not only getting a guy who still plays well at the position, but other great qualities. Hell, he's about the only guy that was able to consistently stone Megatron. At Safety who knows how good he could be? Add in the fact that he has been genuine with the team as a person AND more importantly a leader, those attributes are priceless. Especially with such a young team on the defensive side going into a transition like they will be. Tillman is nearly a 'must resign' in my book.

I would be for Tillman returning at the right price and if is fully healthy. He definitely seems excited and this team could use some enthusiasm and energy. Briggs... I'm split on this, I would lay down specific points that need to be met for him to come back. He has been an ass in the past but last year he was even more so and possibly the leading one on the team. He's had a brilliant career here, but his durability has become an issue, his commitment to the team has become an issue, and these are all fair concerns for bringing him back. I would on'y consider it if

1. He is all in and committed. That means he works his ass off to get himself in the best possible shape and arrives at camp ready to get to work.

2. He agrees to play for a fair price for the Bears.

3. He keeps his attitude in line and doesn't pull the crap he pulled last year.

I would keep him but on a very short leash with an incentive laden contract that will not hurt the Bears to cut him if he doesn't shape up and stay in line.

At the end of the day both these guys futures here are up to Fox and Pace, if they feel the risk is worth it and feel like they can get a good year or two out of these guys, I'll trust their judgement. Fox won't put up with the crap Trestman allowed. So the culture is different this year than last two years.

Pff gave him a .5 ranking which means he played average.

With Fuller not being the quickest of corners I'm not so sure you want him and Tillman as your 2 starters. As a safety who covers TEs paired with a center fielder type FS I think that would be what is best for this team.

I really think Fuller was hindered by Tucker's horrible coaching and scheme. Fuller actually got worse as the season went on. I would rather have Tillman and Fuller starting, bring in a free agent that is starting caliber, and draft one within the first 4 rounds. We now have Fox, Fangio, and Donatell overseeing the Secondary compared to Trestman, Tucker, Hoke.

Agreed on most counts. I'm really convinced that Briggs has nothing left to offer the team. As much as I disliked the loss of Urlacher at a similar point in his career, I'm totally good with Briggs going away.

With Peanut, you're not only getting a guy who still plays well at the position, but other great qualities. Hell, he's about the only guy that was able to consistently stone Megatron. At Safety who knows how good he could be? Add in the fact that he has been genuine with the team as a person AND more importantly a leader, those attributes are priceless. Especially with such a young team on the defensive side going into a transition like they will be. Tillman is nearly a 'must resign' in my book.

Tillman is a good man, but would never be the type of CB in a 3-4. He was a perfect cover 2 type. As a safety he may find a spot, but think only way he comes back is if we cant fill that spot because of all the needs we have.

Tillman is a good man, but would never be the type of CB in a 3-4. He was a perfect cover 2 type. As a safety he may find a spot, but think only way he comes back is if we cant fill that spot because of all the needs we have.

A new GM is thinking on a 3 year horizon and he's going to want to get his young players out on the field for experience as soon as possible. Fox might be thinking on a little shorter horizon. If Tillman wants to be a starter that will make bringing him back tougher. He might earn a starting job in camp but if he wants it guaranteed up front I would see that as a sticking point with this new front office and coaching staff.

If Tillman can give us 2 productive years, that would be huge and one less hole to fill at least this year. We can reduce the need for CB's by one, which the way we have to fill holes, is a big deal. I trust Fox/Pace to get this right and I am good either way, but if Tillman just wants to retire a Bear and isn't asking for a lot of money. Signing him to a short/low cap hit deal would be beneficial for both sides.

Not only is Tillman the best corner in Bears' history, he is also the most physical and the best humanitarian that I can remember on the team. With Fox and Pace reaching out to Urlacher and former players I envision a scenario with he and Briggs at least being allowed to come to TC and give it one last go. I could be dreaming but again offseason acquisitions will say it all. We have a little over a month to wait.