If Cody is Not Guilty

lemonej

No first round Danny Shelton needed.

How could he possibly not be guilty? A Grand Jury indicted him on charges of which the total was 15. 15 CHARGES! It's not like he was DUI or had an ounce of Mj on him. He was indicted on a number of felony charges one of which includes "cruelly killing his dog Taz" after tortuting him and not providing him food. Not to mention the idiocy with the alligator. This doesn't just speak criminal to me it says there are some mental issues.

To even consider him for the Bears is beyond ludicrous. Especially in today's climate. All that does is send the message that it's ok to act like a barbarian. Abso freakin not!!!!

How could he possibly not be guilty? A Grand Jury indicted him on charges of which the total was 15. 15 CHARGES! It's not like he was DUI or had an ounce of Mj on him. He was indicted on a number of felony charges one of which includes "cruelly killing his dog Taz" after tortuting him and not providing him food. Not to mention the idiocy with the alligator. This doesn't just speak criminal to me it says there are some mental issues.

To even consider him for the Bears is beyond ludicrous. Especially in today's climate. All that does is send the message that it's ok to act like a barbarian. Abso freakin not!!!!

The same climate that allows Michael Vick to stay in the league!

Don't we have to see how Cody responds. Say what you want about Vick's actions, you have to comment the way he's responded to the actions.

Agreed but, it was brought to me as if I was dismissing what he did. That is not the case. I feel this is a league of 2nd chances and for Cody a new start in a new city and a new staff can be beneficial. This thread was started as a what if.

The same climate that allows Michael Vick to stay in the league!

And Adrian Peterson, and Ray Rice, and Greg Hardy, and Ray McDonald...etc

I'm not sure how wondering if this guy could play for the Bears is not "dismissive"? And to address the other point; how does what he have to say about it make any difference? Maybe you missed the "15 charges" part? What do you want him to say; 'oops, my bad'?

This guy needs to first get his mess of a criminal life cleaned up, probably his personal life and more than likely seek professional help before he ever should consider signing on with any team.

I'd say no mores for his lack of play than his charges at this moment. Also, the statistical probability, of him being found NG of all counts is slim to none given the evidence and circumstances. I believe that he will be found guilty of at minimum two counts..a single instance of animal cruelty and the possession of the gator. Those also are the crimes that can potentially be pled to lesser offenses. In today's world, I think team rather take a chance on a player who beats up a few bar patrons than one who messes with animals, based on the way this country loves its animals.

Agreed but, it was brought to me as if I was dismissing what he did. That is not the case. I feel this is a league of 2nd chances and for Cody a new start in a new city and a new staff can be beneficial. This thread was started as a what if.

I understand you meant this hypothetically. But realistically this is going to be hanging over his head for a long time. If he's cleared, he'll be pursued by several teams will to take a chance on him. But between now and the draft, we won't learn anything that improves his value and therefore I'd say there's little chance we'd be interested.