Would you trade Cutler and our pick to Cleveland for

DABEARSDABOMB

Manziel, their 12th and 19th picks in the draft. With all of the issues going on in Cleveland and the fact that the franchise has been down for so long, they need to find some continuity at QB. Manziel probably isn't that guy (and or could use a change of scenery after going into rehab) and with the defense they have, they need to find a solid QB who can try and get them back to the playoffs.

Wilbon suggested Bears trade Cutler for their 2 1st (with no mention of us giving back our 1st), however, I find that incredibly unrealistic (although I would clearly do it, because I think as a franchise, we need to be in full blown, talent accumulation mode right now). I also, while being okay with keeping Jay, like the idea of 2 first round picks (in addition to having our high 2nd round pick) from the perspective of we should be able to seriously beef up our defense and probably take a shot on a QB (if we though one graded out).

:dabears

Manziel, their 12th and 19th picks in the draft. With all of the issues going on in Cleveland and the fact that the franchise has been down for so long, they need to find some continuity at QB. Manziel probably isn't that guy (and or could use a change of scenery after going into rehab) and with the defense they have, they need to find a solid QB who can try and get them back to the playoffs.

Wilbon suggested Bears trade Cutler for their 2 1st (with no mention of us giving back our 1st), however, I find that incredibly unrealistic (although I would clearly do it, because I think as a franchise, we need to be in full blown, talent accumulation mode right now). I also, while being okay with keeping Jay, like the idea of 2 first round picks (in addition to having our high 2nd round pick) from the perspective of we should be able to seriously beef up our defense and probably take a shot on a QB (if we though one graded out).

Ok with most of it except for Manziel. Like some have floated the possibility of somehow getting Winston for the Bears this would be as equally messy. No way. As far as the rest, if Pace and Fox think it prudent...I'm good with it.

I'll take the lot.

As far as Manziel goes, someone has to fetch the water...

Ok with most of it except for Manziel. Like some have floated the possibility of somehow getting Winston for the Bears this would be as equally messy. No way. As far as the rest, if Pace and Fox think it prudent...I'm good with it.

It sure would be cool if Wilbon was the Browns GM and willing to trade us Jay for their 2 first round picks. How amazing would that be. That would allow us the quick opportunity to add significant talent to the team while also freeing up significant cap space. That said, we'd have pure crap at the QB position and any QB not named Winston in this draft will be a major project, imo, and well Winston, while I think will be a great QB, has the potential bust rate for stupidity. I still think there are quite a few teams out there, that are going to look at their rosters and say, with a decent QB we can contend. They'll look a this yr's draft and say, okay, Chicago, what will it take to get Jay. I especially think this will be the case for some franchises who have had some pretty long struggles and are itching to get back to the post-season.

You can win with Jay if you put a good team around him (we already say that in the past...he's won a playoff game and played great in that game with us and obviously than we lost the NFC championship game). You can't win, even with an elite defense, if you have crap like Geno Smith or everyone the Rams have thrown out, or really even the Bills QB's (and Orton was pretty darn bad last year in reality). The Titans are another factor as they smelled a lot of early success (post move) and have to be itching to get back and tired of failed drafted QB experiences (plus the whole Vandy vibe). It will be very interesting to see what goes down in the next month or so.

PS: I should note that I still think that moving Jay only makes sense if you can get substantial value for him. Otherwise, I think we are more likely to put ourselves in a significantly worse position as it really isn't easy to find a QB in this league (and I'd hate to see this defense get fixed only to have Geno Smith QB'ing us and us all throwing up as we can't even make the playoffs). We thankfully all know what we have in Jay now and no one is going to bank on him single handledly winning us the superbowl (which is what the Bears had initially banked on) nor will the Bears front office pass up or ignore the QB position if they see a guy out their they think has "it". While we find that QB, if we put a good team, we can contend and improve all while targeting a better QB to help take us to the next level (that can be groomed). Hell, a lot of it is luck and damn it, we are due, right!!!

It sure would be cool if Wilbon was the Browns GM and willing to trade us Jay for their 2 first round picks. How amazing would that be. That would allow us the quick opportunity to add significant talent to the team while also freeing up significant cap space. That said, we'd have pure crap at the QB position and any QB not named Winston in this draft will be a major project, imo, and well Winston, while I think will be a great QB, has the potential bust rate for stupidity. I still think there are quite a few teams out there, that are going to look at their rosters and say, with a decent QB we can contend. They'll look a this yr's draft and say, okay, Chicago, what will it take to get Jay. I especially think this will be the case for some franchises who have had some pretty long struggles and are itching to get back to the post-season.

You can win with Jay if you put a good team around him (we already say that in the past...he's won a playoff game and played great in that game with us and obviously than we lost the NFC championship game). You can't win, even with an elite defense, if you have crap like Geno Smith or everyone the Rams have thrown out, or really even the Bills QB's (and Orton was pretty darn bad last year in reality). The Titans are another factor as they smelled a lot of early success (post move) and have to be itching to get back and tired of failed drafted QB experiences (plus the whole Vandy vibe). It will be very interesting to see what goes down in the next month or so.

PS: I should note that I still think that moving Jay only makes sense if you can get substantial value for him. Otherwise, I think we are more likely to put ourselves in a significantly worse position as it really isn't easy to find a QB in this league (and I'd hate to see this defense get fixed only to have Geno Smith QB'ing us and us all throwing up as we can't even make the playoffs). We thankfully all know what we have in Jay now and no one is going to bank on him single handledly winning us the superbowl (which is what the Bears had initially banked on) nor will the Bears front office pass up or ignore the QB position if they see a guy out their they think has "it". While we find that QB, if we put a good team, we can contend and improve all while targeting a better QB to help take us to the next level (that can be groomed). Hell, a lot of it is luck and damn it, we are due, right!!!

Is Osweiller (sp?) available for consideration? With Gage and Fox on staff they already know the potential he has but I presume Elway would want a lot for him, especially if the Bears came snooping AND knowing Manning may retire at any time.

I won't comment, because my answer is obvious.

Personally, I would like to see the Bears draft at 7 this year for once and get a top guy for once. I'm no expert on this years draft class, so I'm not sure if it's advantages to have their 2 1st vs. the Bears 1st and 2nd in this draft.

If the trade was made, Cutler would basically have the value of one of their fourth round picks. The Browns have the 12th and 16th in the fourth. Would you prefer a trade down that was proposed, or to stay with the Bears picks and get the Browns 12th pick in the fourth?

Edit: I left Manziel out, as I don't see the Browns getting rid of him this year. It just doesn't seem advantageous to give up on him. If it's that bad that they are willing, then he probably has no value anyways.

If you can get two firsts for Cutler, then you almost have to make that trade. If we are swapping our #7 for their #12 and #17, then we are essentially getting a 2nd round pick in the difference and swapping Cutler for Manziel. With what Fox was able to do with Tebow, I wouldn't be against the move. Especially with the salary differences. The best scenario other than them giving us both of their 1st's without us giving ours up would be for us to keep ours and get only one of theirs. That seems more realistic.

To me the first one or two teams that miss out on Mariota/Winston are going to be dying for a QB. Here are my potential trading partners:

1. TB - Glennon/McCown did not work, would Lovie do it though? Probably not, and they will draft one.

2. TEN - Vandy connection, I see them as a realistic partner, if they pass on whoever TB doesn't draft.

3. JAX - Do they stick with Bortles for another year? Probably.

4. NYJ - New HC, Bowles might want to bring in vet (like Palmer in AZ), AFC, Pick #6

5. STL - Great defense, Bradford not the answer, Pick #10

6. HOU - Great defense, Fitzpatrick too inconsistent, AFC, Pick #16

7. BUF - Ryan new HC, great defense, young QB did not work, AFC, no 1st round pick

So other than CLE; TEN, NYJ, HOU, and STL all seem like potential trade targets.

Who the Hell would be stupid enough two give up to 1st rounders for Cutler now with the question marks surrounding if the Bears would keep him or not?The trade would be our 1st rounder for their 2 1st rounders and a swap of some picks in maybe the 3rd or 4th.The other thing is we would still take a cap hit for what Cutler is guaranteed next year, so why not keep him for the year and let him showcase his value to some willing boob.

I'm really interested in the Combine to see what the other QBs besides Winston and Marriotta(who allegedly is not working out there) do.

Who the Hell would be stupid enough two give up to 1st rounders for Cutler now with the question marks surrounding if the Bears would keep him or not?The trade would be our 1st rounder for their 2 1st rounders and a swap of some picks in maybe the 3rd or 4th.The other thing is we would still take a cap hit for what Cutler is guaranteed next year, so why not keep him for the year and let him showcase his value to some willing boob.

I'm really interested in the Combine to see what the other QBs besides Winston and Marriotta(who allegedly is not working out there) do.

I agree, it alls sound unrealistic and stupid on Cleveland's part.

Not a chance that happens. I want to select 7 or higher in this draft TBH. I could entertain a #7 for an entire draft(phily) and next year number one though. That would hinge on Marcus being there though.

If we could only trade down a few spots, I would be ok with it, but getting out of the top 10 just isnt a good idea.I want to get a stud with our first pick and the farther back you go the less chance of that happening.