Stan Drayton hired as running backs coach

adam

Ian Rappaport indicated this was a huge coup for the Bears and he's extremely well thought of in football circles.

I'm not in agreement with that. For the simple reason that in his 4 year stint in Columbus what NFL RB that he developed is revered now? The 2 that I can think of in the league now are Carlos Hyde and Beenie Wells neither strike fear in DCs in the league.

I'm not in agreement with that. For the simple reason that in his 4 year stint in Columbus what NFL RB that he developed is revered now? The 2 that I can think of in the league now are Carlos Hyde and Beenie Wells neither strike fear in DCs in the league.

Hyde has been behind Gore, so don't count him out. Elliot is a major reason they won the national championship despite going through 3 QB's. I think it's an awesome pick up, and if they don't translate to NFL talent that makes him even better considering what they were able to accomplish without NFL talent. I love the addition.

You're joking right? Elliott had over 1,800 yards this year, and had 220 yards rushing against Wisconsin in Big Ten Championship, 230 against Alabama in playoff, then 246 yards in the National Championship Game. That was possibly the best 3 game stretch for any College RB ever (considering the opponents). The team has had more rushing yards than passing yards every year Drayton was there. Carlos Hyde and Boom Herron have been coached by Drayton. Both are considered very good backs. Rappaport just said it was a big-time hire.

I'm not following. If anything, that makes him look better. He was able to maximize their value and turn them into top picks (he's not the one further coaching them up in the pro's). Also, I don't know that you should talk about Wells cause he was drafted in 2009 (and I don't believe Drayton was at OSU at that point). Did you see their rushing attack this year, it was lethal and their back was outstanding. Elliot was incredible.