The Rise of Danny Shelton

AZ54

A month ago he wasn't anywhere to be found in top 10 draft picks. Back then almost every mock draft had us taking S Landon Collins. Now I find Shelton on a quite a few mocks for the Bears pick.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-dr...rt/dane-brugler

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-dr...expert/rob-rang

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-dr...pert/pat-kirwan

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2015charlie.php

If I remember correctly Aaron Donald started out the mock season pretty low, perhaps even in the 2r. Right now, II'm hoping to see either him of Knigton on this team. I don't apply to the school of thought that any ol fat guy can be a good NT.

I remember doing mocks last year and taking Donald in the 2nd. The he blew away the senior bowl and combine and went 1 pick before we picked. This year, I had my eyes on Shelton in the 2nd and he is on the same path....so I suspect NYJ will get him.

I remember doing mocks last year and taking Donald in the 2nd. The he blew away the senior bowl and combine and went 1 pick before we picked. This year, I had my eyes on Shelton in the 2nd and he is on the same path....so I suspect NYJ will get him.

I think he will be there at 7, if we want him. Mariota, Winston, Gregory, Williams, and Cooper are almost guaranteed to be gone in the top 6, leaving one other at large player before we select. I am now leaning towards Shelton now from Ray, but would be happy with either.

I think he will be there at 7, if we want him. Mariota, Winston, Gregory, Williams, and Cooper are almost guaranteed to be gone in the top 6, leaving one other at large player before we select. I am now leaning towards Shelton now from Ray, but would be happy with either.

All depends on FA for me of course. A free agent- 1R duo of either Knighton and Ray or Shelton and one of the many FA OLBs would go a long long way in fixing the defense.

If we go Knighton, then I don't think we go Shelton, but you never know.

Misread the post, I'm saying Knighton and Ray...or... Shelton and FA OLB.

Though Houston-Knighton-Shelton would be incredibly intriguing. Good luck running against those guys, and guards, have fun trying to get to the 2nd level to block the ILBs.

But ya, doubt that happens.

Misread the post, I'm saying Knighton and Ray...or... Shelton and FA OLB.

Though Houston-Knighton-Shelton would be incredibly intriguing. Good luck running against those guys, and guards, have fun trying to get to the 2nd level to block the ILBs.

But ya, doubt that happens.

Ah I gotcha, I read too fast. Knighton/Shelton would be insane.

I agree with you here. First 5 are a given and we are sitting at a great spot at #7. Aside from someone being desperate to trade up and grab one of the top 5 players this is likely where the trading action starts as value starts to balance out against needs.

Shane Ray has the potential to blow up the combine. If he does run in the 4.4s he's a clear top 10 and maybe even garners some top 5 consideration.

All depends on FA for me of course. A free agent- 1R duo of either Knighton and Ray or Shelton and one of the many FA OLBs would go a long long way in fixing the defense.

If our GM is a true BPA guy then there should be no reason he wouldn't sign Knighton and then draft Shelton (assuming he's BPA).