Rumors(you got to love them)

Stinger226

Have no idea who this guy is but claims to know the free agent targets of the Bears.

http://www.chatsports.com/chicago-bears/a/...s-Are-10-16-881

Of the three, I could see the Bears making a run for Houston (part 2). He's one of those veteran LB's that I mentioned the Bears really need and has been consistent most of his career. And someone that is on my personal wish list. I can't see the team try to hard for Gipson as he is an RFA when there is a player like McCourty still available for less hassle. Gipson is also coming off a PCL strain and MCL tear back in November.

And why isn't Suh being considered? Since it appears most here are really wanting a run stuffing hole plugger? He'd be perfect.

I think this is just his opinion, not something he knows.

Would absolutely love Houston, but I got a feeling he gets franchised.

Gipson like AG said is probably a pipe dream as a RFA.

Jackson would be nice, but I got a feeling we'll see one of the SF CBs brought in due to their familiarity with Fangio and Donatell. Both Perish Cox and Chris Culliver fit in that same 2nd tier of CBs with Jackson.

As for Suh, I wouldn't be surprised if they take a look at him, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they passed because of character concerns.

I think this is just his opinion, not something he knows.

Would absolutely love Houston, but I got a feeling he gets franchised.

Gipson like AG said is probably a pipe dream as a RFA.

Jackson would be nice, but I got a feeling we'll see one of the SF CBs brought in due to their familiarity with Fangio and Donatell. Both Perish Cox and Chris Culliver fit in that same 2nd tier of CBs with Jackson.

As for Suh, I wouldn't be surprised if they take a look at him, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they passed because of character concerns.

Agreed that this is just his opinion. I have know idea what chat sports is, but this reminds me of when Florio first started out with PFT and he put every rumor out there. (Florio liked to talk about his mole in Chicago). Since we have no linebackers, no safeties, and we're very thin at CB, we're going to see a lot of these rumors, and chances are, we actually are looking at everybody.

I think we'd all love Houston and we need a good safety and another starting caliber CB.

Agreed that this is just his opinion. I have know idea what chat sports is, but this reminds me of when Florio first started out with PFT and he put every rumor out there. (Florio liked to talk about his mole in Chicago). Since we have no linebackers, no safeties, and we're very thin at CB, we're going to see a lot of these rumors, and chances are, we actually are looking at everybody.

I think we'd all love Houston and we need a good safety and another starting caliber CB.

We should be looking at everybody.

I doubt we will make a huge signing like Houston, who is going to cost a lot. I think we will make some impact signings, but we have too many holes to fill to make 1 huge splash.

Unfortunately you're probably right mostly due to the players not being available. Houston more than likely will be Franchise Tagged if not re-signed long term as will McCourty. Suh will expect too much that the Bears may not even be in the market. They'll ptobably lose out to someone with more cap space. Besides I read he would rather play in Seattle. So heck with him.

The Bears will probably have to go the economic route to fill some gaps via FA so chances are we'll see players signed that weren't even considered by us.

I doubt we will make a huge signing like Houston, who is going to cost a lot. I think we will make some impact signings, but we have too many holes to fill to make 1 huge splash.

Part of the problem with all the holes is that we don't really know what we have. Do we have a SINGLE linebacker who is worthy of being an NFL starter? Or did the coaching and scheme put them in a position to fail.

Either way, we are almost 30 million under the cap and we are not worried about retaining any of our own free agents. (I'm assuming Paea is gone with the likely change of scheme)

With 30 million, we can make ONE helluva a signing and still fill several other needs. (the fact we don't have to spend on offense helps)