McCown released from Bucs...

madlithuanian

Dude was horrendous last year. Of QBs with 10 or more starts, Josh had the highest INT%, by a lot.

I still truly believe that Josh benefited from playing a handful of truly dreadful defenses.

I wouldnt hate to see him back as the backup, but please, keep the starting talk outta here.

Dude was horrendous last year. Of QBs with 10 or more starts, Josh had the highest INT%, by a lot.

I still truly believe that Josh benefited from playing a handful of truly dreadful defenses.

I wouldnt hate to see him back as the backup, but please, keep the starting talk outta here.

I wouldn't mind him back, but would hate to follow sports because every day would be bench Jay and start Josh. I think him and Jay work well together is the main reason of seeing him return as a benefit.

Actually a little surprising as he would be a better backup and mentor for rookie QB than Glennon. He will probably end up in Baltimore with Trestman.

They said on the SCORE the Bucs saved 5 million by cutting him. His 3 year 10 million deal essentially became a one year 5 million deal. I'm guessing he had a bonus coming.

Even if they wanted him as a backup and mentor for Glennon, they could save one helluva a lot with the cap and resign him for the near the minimum. He has very little value. When they gave him 10 million to begin with, they were basically bidding against themselves.

Of course the early reports have all said the Bucs are debating between Winston and Mariotta. That seems to be the direction they are headed.

I'll save you the anxiety. I pondered this when I saw the news of his release. I don't know how well he would mix with Gage and his offensive scheme. My guess is that it wouldn't be the same as it was with Trestman. To be honest if they think Josh should come back as a backup then fine but honestly I could care less. I suspect they're getting an idea of the player(s) they want at QB and Josh is probably not on the list. Unless he reunites with Trestman I feel McCowns 15 mins of fame are done.

And for the record, where McCown lacks the talent of Jay he makes up for in football acumen. And no, he did not "benefit from playing against sucky defenses".

I'll save you the anxiety. I pondered this when I saw the news of his release. I don't know how well he would mix with Gage and his offensive scheme. My guess is that it wouldn't be the same as it was with Trestman. To be honest if they think Josh should come back as a backup then fine but honestly I could care less. I suspect they're getting an idea of the player(s) they want at QB and Josh is probably not on the list. Unless he reunites with Trestman I feel McCowns 15 mins of fame are done.

And for the record, where McCown lacks the talent of Jay he makes up for in football acumen. And no, he did not "benefit from playing against sucky defenses".

His football acumen led to him having the worst INT% of any QB with 10 or more starts.

His football acumen led to him having the worst INT% of any QB with 10 or more starts.

Did you mean last season or the season he and Jay played for the same HC / Offensive Coordiantor? And just for reference, Jays career pass completion percentage is a whopping 9% better than Josh's. And that's considering Josh's 49 career starts to Jays 119.

But I digress. I don't care who the starting QB is as long as Fox/Gage trust him*

*Edit: With the exception of Manziel or Winston....

If Fox and Co. have an ounce of common sense they would not introduce any sense of a return to the things Trestman did. It's time to chart a new course and this team and organization is moving away from Jay Cutler. That doesn't mean he won't be our QB next year, maybe even the one afterward. It just means he is no longer the focal point of the franchise as he has been since his arrival. No more talk of "franchise QB". No more talk of "building around Jay". We can find someone else to handoff besides McCown.

Again I truly believe he put up those numbers against really bad defenses, so I take those numbers with a grain of salt.

We won't agree on that, and this isn't an argument worth having again so carry on.

He also played behind a solid and healthy offensive line. Unlike last year where it was musical chairs.

He also played behind a solid and healthy offensive line. Unlike last year where it was musical chairs.

The games he played two years ago was an anomaly, last year was more the norm for his career. He would be ok, but I think this team is looking to get younger not add older players to the team. I think we bring in a backup QB that we may try to develop instead of one to hold the line with.

The games he played two years ago was an . omaly, last year was more the norm for his career. He would be ok, but I think this team is looking to get younger not add older players to the team. I think we bring in a backup QB we may try to develop instead of one to hold the line with.

Most if not all of the same players will be on that offense again. The offense will have new plays and a fresh look, so it can be an effective part of the team. I can see them not wanting him if they want to develop someone younger in the #2 role, but they may plug him in there because they know his chemistry works with those guys and it will be a year or two before they all in on a future replacement.